peejay

Population growth key to immigration crisis

103 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Fuzz, you can't tell me that you honestly believe the hatefulness that he experienced wasn't at all related to what's going on right now.

Where did I say that? Please don't start putting words in my mouth because that really ticks me off when someone does that :(

Not trying to do that...sorry...just trying to bring across a point (unsuccessfully, albeit, but trying) that there is in fact a growing anti-Mexican sentiment in this country, and on VJ as well.

I don't see an anti-mexican anything on VJ. I see anti-illegal immigrant.

But yes I do see anti-mexican stuff around the land, but the illegals crying about their rights seem to be more numerous right now.

Fuzz, I know...nobody else does see it. All I'm saying is some of us do see it, and don't like it. I'm not going to leave or anything, but it's still not much fun on VJ at the moment.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Fuzz, I know...nobody else does see it. All I'm saying is some of us do see it, and don't like it. I'm not going to leave or anything, but it's still not much fun on VJ at the moment.

well wait until tomorrow night when american idol is on again :D

I don't like any anti-(insert nation here) behaviour, but I also don't like illegal immigrants who think they should have the same rights we do when we're trying to immigrate legally.

But at the same time... I don't hate any illegal immigrants. I don't know any. I just hate what they are doing. You know what I mean?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

imho, if it is not sustainable than you're having too many kids. It is a bit sad when some couples have many kids and others don't have any. We lose some genetic diversity. It would be nice if we lived like that one tribe in the US that plans for the 7th generation. We wouldn't have so many people, and we wouldn't be abusing our natural resources like we do.

Barbara (Canada) & Dallas (USC)

AOS

Nov 13 2005 EAD & I-485 sent to Chicago Lockbox

Nov 22, 2005 EAD & I-485 NOA1

Dec 15, 2005 Biometrics for EAD & I-485

Dec 19, 2005 EAD & I-485 Touched

Jan 21, 2006 Rec'd I-485 Fingerprint Reschedule Notice (AHHH!!!)

Feb 10, 2006 Fingerprint App't

Feb 1, 2006 EAD Approved!!!!

Feb 11, 2006 Rec'd EAD card

Feb 13, 2006 Applied for SSN

Feb 17, 2006 Rec'd SSN

Feb 23, 2006 I-485 Transferred to CSC (AHHH!!)

Mar 02, 2006 I-485 Has been received at CSC

Mar 13, 2006 I-485 Touched

Mar 14, 2006 I-485 Touched

Apr 15 & 25 2006 emailed CSC for status inquiry on I-485

Apr 26 2006 received a response from CSC, another response in 60 days (ahhhhh!!!)

Apr 27, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 17, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 19, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 20, 2006 I-485 Touched

July 3, 2006 emailed CSC again, no response given in the allotted 60 days time frame.

July 27, 2006 received a response from CSC, another response will be given in 30 days.. ha ha ha.

***app sent back to Missouri ***app sent to Chicago

Aug 21 2006 touched

Sept 29 2006 3rd year Anniversay

October 13, 2006 Immigration Interview - Need to return with Long Form Birth Certificate

October 13, 2006 Long Form Birth Cert ordered with expediated shipping

October 18, 2006 Birth Cert Received

October 19, 2006 2nd Immigration Interview - APPROVED

5-20 business days for the Green Card to arrive, maybe I'll be back to see my family before Christmas?

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

I live in a small town that is full of illegals because of the construction jobs that are available here. It can be 120 degrees outside in the summers and these guy are out there busting their a$$es in the hot sun. Probably the hardest working ppl that I have ever seen. They live three to a room and send most of their money back to their families.

Of the many that I have met. I can honestly say that Ive never met one that I disliked. They live here in constant fear, and now they cant even get a drivers license, although many inurance. My wife has helped many of her illegal friends that she has met. I even spend some nights teaching them English.

but....there are still illegal, and I dont think that they should have right to be first in line to receive work visas if congrees ever gets off their butt and does something about immigration law. It would be a slap in the face to anyone who has gone thru this process legally.

They are only trying to support their families, and they need to eat also. I understand their pliight.

The corrupt governments of Latin America and the usual cultural of bribes, etc. has to end one day. These ppl have ing rising expectations of a better life, and its up to their home governments to make these changes and provide the necessary economic growth and cultural changes to make their dreams come true. I really feel sorry for the ones that I have met.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Melissa... were it not mexicans that were protesting? was it not the mexican flag that was proudly being flagged?

and what happened to your friend's husband is a hate crime, simple as that.

That is not correct!!!!!!!

I have been protesting and I am a USC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@!

Here in my city and other cities in the US there have been people of all races, nationalities protesting, yes there are Mexicans but we are not just Mexicans!!!

The media clumps us to make it Negative and ignorant people fall for it!!!!

I saw all flags at the rally but mainly US flags, hah!

Because one is Hispanic, it does not make you a Mexican, or illegal. You can be Hispanic and be a US Citizen just because you are Hispanic does not mean you migrated within the last 100 years. Some of us have been here longer than you have.

K-1

09/14/05 sent in petition

12/20/05 case at CDJ

1/09/06 Had interview and placed on Administrative Processing/221(g) for 6 months.

07/06/06 Interview, Successful!!!

07/06/06 Fiance receives Visa and enters U.S.!

09/02/06 Wedding Day!

AOS

12/09/06 Mailed AOS package.

12/11/06 USCIS receives AOS package

12/14/06 NOA1

12/26/06 Rec'd Bio Letter

12/28/06 Rec'd email: Transferred to CSC!!!

12/31/06 *Touched*

01/02/07 Original Biometrics appt. (postponed)

01/05/07 Rec'd email: Case pending at CSC

01/08/07 Infopass for Biometrics *Touched*

01/09/07 Rec'd email Case transferred to CSC(again)

01/15/07 *Touched*

01/17/07 Received email case pending at CSC(again)

01/18/07 *Touched*

01/20/07 *Touched*

06/27/07 Letter welcoming new resident mailed!

07/02/07 Recv'd 2 yr conditional GC!

EAD

02/28/07 efiled

03/01/07 Rec'd at CSC, NOA1

03/01/07 mailed supporting documents to CSC

03/02/07 pending at CSC

03/05/07 Rec'd Bio Letter

03/13/07 *Touched*

03/16/07 Bio Appt. *Touched*

03/17/07 *Touched*

03/20/07 Rec'd approval email

03/23/07 EAD received!

Filed: Timeline

Melissa... were it not mexicans that were protesting? was it not the mexican flag that was proudly being flagged?

Here in my city and other cities in the US there have been people of all races, nationalities protesting, yes there are Mexicans but we are not just Mexicans!!!

Because one is Hispanic, it does not make you a Mexican, or illegal. You can be Hispanic and be a US Citizen just because you are Hispanic does not mean you migrated within the last 100 years. Some of us have been here longer than you have.

So you are a USC who believes in giving rights to illegal aliens. That's interesting! May I ask why?

Timeline

I do so post that I find offensive or remarks that were done innocently but are hurtful.

The media says illegals fighting for rights, can you believe the nerve????

I am just saying it is not the truth it is many people wanting reform each for their own reason. It is not correct to say illegals marching and wanting rights. That is a half truth, it is also USC, documented and undocumented immigrants, clergy, lawyers, politicians, teachers, doctors, nurses, and average joes that have wives and fiances caught up in the backlog. That is the point to the protests.

It is not right for my daughter's to be called wetbacks at their school for attending the rallies either, that is ignorance....

Edited by yzuniga

K-1

12/20/05 case at CDJ

1/09/06 Had interview and placed on Administrative Processing/221(g) for 6 months.

09/02/06 Wedding Day!

AOS

12/14/06 NOA1

12/31/06 *Touched*

01/15/07 *Touched*

01/18/07 *Touched*

01/20/07 *Touched*

EAD

02/28/07 efiled

03/02/07 pending at CSC

03/13/07 *Touched*

03/17/07 *Touched*

03/23/07 EAD received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

geez. i guess there weren't any mexicans at all. my apologies. it's those damn norwegians! i knew it!

Answer me this: People of mostly what nationality stand to gain from the proposed and demanded amnesties? To pre-empt this one: just because you may choose to call it something different doesn't make it something else.

Timeline

"So you are a USC who believes in giving rights to illegal aliens. That's interesting! May I ask why?"

That is what I am saying is not correct. We are also rallying because we want change, we want backlog reduction! We want our fiances and spouses to come here without all the long wait times. Yes secure our borders from terrorist. But make it easier also for USC to be reunited with their significant others.

I do believe that some "illegals" have the right to have some rights, do you want to know why?????

Because I have a friend that died last year, he was from Honduras. He died while working, he was a roofer, he worked very hard and had a young wife with baby (USCs), but he fell from the roof and stupid employer could not even help or pay to give him a proper funeral or burial. We all got money together to have his body sent back to his family for the services. If they come and work here, and bust their @@@ to build our homes, our roads, cook our foods, then yes they deserve to have some benefits as well. Yes, they should have a permit or visa but our stupid immigration system should give it to them also and not deny it like they do so many times in third world countries!

Edited by yzuniga

K-1

12/20/05 case at CDJ

09/02/06 Wedding Day!

AOS

12/14/06 NOA1

12/31/06 *Touched*

01/15/07 *Touched*

01/18/07 *Touched*

01/20/07 *Touched*

EAD

02/28/07 efiled

03/02/07 pending at CSC

03/13/07 *Touched*

03/17/07 *Touched*

03/23/07 EAD received!

If they come and work here, and bust their @@@ to build our homes, our roads, cook our foods, then yes they deserve to have some benefits as well. Yes, they should have a permit or visa but our stupid immigration system should give it to them also and not deny it like they do so many times in third world countries!

Should we have any border controls at all?

Because the way you're saying it, anyone who gets a job in this country deserves a visa, even when they snuck across the border without inspection and procured employment without producing any of the documents required by law.

So yeah.. let's get rid of the border. Damn thing just gets in the way.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

"So you are a USC who believes in giving rights to illegal aliens. That's interesting! May I ask why?"

That is what I am saying is not correct. We are also rallying because we want change, we want backlog reduction!

That's hillarious! Backlog reduction. The marches were about backlog reduction. :lol:

Timeline

geez. i guess there weren't any mexicans at all. my apologies. it's those damn norwegians! i knew it!

As I said before yes there were some Mexicans but not all were Mexicans. Crack jokes all you want you probably have not been discriminated against. If your fiance spouse or whatever falls out of status or there is a mistake on the paperwork you may be considered illegal also. It happens more often than what you would like to think, people get deported when they did not even know they had fallen out of status and they are deported and barred for it. Let's hope that doesn't happen to you and you are not called a wetback!Because I am Hispanic, I have been been discriminated against and hear remarks that are racist but people don't realize it.

K-1

12/20/05 case at CDJ

09/02/06 Wedding Day!

AOS

12/14/06 NOA1

12/31/06 *Touched*

01/15/07 *Touched*

01/18/07 *Touched*

01/20/07 *Touched*

EAD

02/28/07 efiled

03/02/07 pending at CSC

03/13/07 *Touched*

03/17/07 *Touched*

03/23/07 EAD received!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If they come and work here, and bust their @@@ to build our homes, our roads, cook our foods, then yes they deserve to have some benefits as well.

!Standing muthafuckin ovation, sister!

-mike

fnord!

"Of COURSE there's no God... there's nothing BUT God!"

"what shall we say, shall we call it by a name? As well as count the angels dancin' on a pin?" -Let it Grow by the Grateful Dead

"Inspiration, move me brightly. Light the song with sense and color--hold away despair... more than this I will not ask, faced with myst'ries dark and vast... statements just seem vain at last... ... ... ... ..."

-another Dead tune-

We f*cking RULE!!! All other K1'rs pale in comparison to our mighty relationship. We will usher in a new era of rock-osity to this faded world. Prepare yourselves for the party. Hope you like tofu and karaoke.

-mike and ize

Timeline

If they come and work here, and bust their @@@ to build our homes, our roads, cook our foods, then yes they deserve to have some benefits as well. Yes, they should have a permit or visa but our stupid immigration system should give it to them also and not deny it like they do so many times in third world countries!

Should we have any border controls at all?

Because the way you're saying it, anyone who gets a job in this country deserves a visa, even when they snuck across the border without inspection and procured employment without producing any of the documents required by law.

So yeah.. let's get rid of the border. Damn thing just gets in the way.

Some people did try for a work visa and did not get it, even with proper documentation because they are from a third world country! If you are from somewhere else, yes it is possible to get a work visa. I see it alot.

And yes, they are trying to get provisions for backlog reduction on the proposed bill. Read a little and get educated on the subject before you start putting people down. Sometimes it is typical to push people down when you want to act like you are all high and mighty!!

K-1

12/20/05 case at CDJ

09/02/06 Wedding Day!

AOS

12/14/06 NOA1

12/31/06 *Touched*

01/15/07 *Touched*

01/18/07 *Touched*

01/20/07 *Touched*

EAD

02/28/07 efiled

03/02/07 pending at CSC

03/13/07 *Touched*

03/17/07 *Touched*

03/23/07 EAD received!