wanderingbeing

G-325A advice

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I have just recieved my wifes copy of the G-325A and there is a problem with the Family Name on the bottom in the heavy black square. on the 4 forms for the I-129f the family names says "my last name" and for the I-130 it says "Her family names de My family name" But for all 8 pages the family name on the top left first box is just my family name. I'm assuming I should break the news that she needs to resend the documents but I'm in a hurry to send them now. I was wondering if there is a way I can go around this. I read this in another post since I have her signature in the documents I could make a new document cut out her signature and make all 4 copies with original copies of her signature. But I thought I read somewhere that 1 of the 4 copies has to be signed with ink and the others an be copies. I also read that the signature isn't needed as long as everything else in the I-130 is filed correctly. But now I'm thinking the copy option is the best. Tell me what you think. Thanks for your time,

Nick

Edited by wanderingbeing

* Aug 6th, 2007 - Our Peruvian Wedding

I-129F: Currently @ CSC

* Dec 7th, 2007 - I-129f Recieved at Chicago Lockbox

* Feb 14th, 2008 - Recieved NOA1

* Feb 19th, 2008 - Touched

* Feb 20th, 2008 - Touched

* May 6th, 2008 - Recieved NOA2

* Jun 4th, 2008 - NVC Forwarded to Embassy

I-130: Currently @ Californica Service Center

* Dec 7th, 2007 - I-130 Recieved at Chicago Lockbox

* Feb 6th, 2008 - Check cashed for I-130

* Feb 9th, 2008 - Recieved NOA1

* Feb 14th, 2008 - Touched

I have just recieved my wifes copy of the G-325A and there is a problem with the Family Name on the bottom in the heavy black square. on the 4 forms for the I-129f the family names says "my last name" and for the I-130 it says "Her family names de My family name" But for all 8 pages the family name on the top left first box is just my family name. I'm assuming I should break the news that she needs to resend the documents but I'm in a hurry to send them now. I was wondering if there is a way I can go around this. I read this in another post since I have her signature in the documents I could make a new document cut out her signature and make all 4 copies with original copies of her signature. But I thought I read somewhere that 1 of the 4 copies has to be signed with ink and the others an be copies. I also read that the signature isn't needed as long as everything else in the I-130 is filed correctly. But now I'm thinking the copy option is the best. Tell me what you think. Thanks for your time,

Nick

If one copy has to be signed then she may as well sign them all.

I wouldn't play with it. Just have her download everything again and sign everything and shoot it to you.

I was RFEd for submitting a copy that I thought was my original one.

Printers are to good now. Can hardly tell the difference. USCIS did tho!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Nick

I wouldn't play with it. Just have her download everything again and sign everything and shoot it to you.

Or just correct the information that's wrong. Line out the wrong and put in the corrected. Her name should be her current legal name. If yours as added, then the the only correction is to line it out. No need to add anything.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Nick

Or just correct the information that's wrong. Line out the wrong and put in the corrected. Her name should be her current legal name. If yours as added, then the the only correction is to line it out. No need to add anything.

Yes, I would do this.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Timeline

Thank you I'll do this and just cross out her family name so it's just my family name. Also she wrote the date as 07/07/07 and then rewrote 11 over the first 07. :s I'll just cross that off too and rewrite the date because I'm not sure how picky they will be at INS.

Muchas Gracias todo!

Nick

Yes, I would do this.

Timeline

Ok, INS doesn't exist but lining out and re-writing the date is a good idea. Only use your family name as hers if it is her current legal name. In many countries, names don't change simply because a woman marries. The name on the paperwork should match the name on her passport. If her name actually did change, then she needs a new passport.

Thank you I'll do this and just cross out her family name so it's just my family name. Also she wrote the date as 07/07/07 and then rewrote 11 over the first 07. :s I'll just cross that off too and rewrite the date because I'm not sure how picky they will be at INS.

Muchas Gracias todo!

Nick

Yes, I would do this.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Nick

I've always wondered how much editing you can do on forms and still be accepted.

May depend on which form.

How about "white out" and corrections, Should the correction be initialed?

I've NEVER seen anything official on correcting documents.

I'd think notarized forms shouldn't be corrected unless the Notary initialed the correction.

Don't really about any of it tho.

I know DS 157s can have corrections. At least we did with no problems. Looked like a mess but it "flew".

Is there a thread here on VJ that gives info how much correcting you can do and not get an RFE?

Bottomline is to have everything "to the tits". May take a bit longer but RFEs extend the process also.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

hmm yes I was wondering if I would need to initial. Well as far as the name on her passport it's "name name de name" is super long and won't fit in any boxes. But I know other people from peru used only there family name and not all 3 last names and had no problems. But The g-325 says it has to be filled out by her. And if I would need to initial after crossing out it would not be her initials so I'll just go with no initials. ok thanks listening to me think outloud and for your help!

Nick

I've always wondered how much editing you can do on forms and still be accepted.

May depend on which form.

How about "white out" and corrections, Should the correction be initialed?

I've NEVER seen anything official on correcting documents.

I'd think notarized forms shouldn't be corrected unless the Notary initialed the correction.

Don't really about any of it tho.

I know DS 157s can have corrections. At least we did with no problems. Looked like a mess but it "flew".

Is there a thread here on VJ that gives info how much correcting you can do and not get an RFE?

Bottomline is to have everything "to the tits". May take a bit longer but RFEs extend the process also.

pushbrk!

Just wondered if you did the same and didn't have any problems?

If not! Where did you get the information it is OK to do so?

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
pushbrk!

I'm sorry but there's just way to much to learn for me to cite a source for every answer. This has come up in numerous discussions. I didn't correct any information on my wife's G325a because I affixed her signature to it after it was complete and accurate. She had signed multiple times on mailing labels and I just cut them to fit and pasted them on the forms.

There is a specific cite that indicates USCIS is not to RFE or deny otherwise properly filed petitions for G325a's without signatures. Logic tells me if the signature isn't critical, corrections are no problem either.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

pushbrk!

I'm sorry but there's just way to much to learn for me to cite a source for every answer. This has come up in numerous discussions. I didn't correct any information on my wife's G325a because I affixed her signature to it after it was complete and accurate. She had signed multiple times on mailing labels and I just cut them to fit and pasted them on the forms.

There is a specific cite that indicates USCIS is not to RFE or deny otherwise properly filed petitions for G325a's without signatures. Logic tells me if the signature isn't critical, corrections are no problem either.

She had signed multiple times on mailing labels and I just cut them to fit and pasted them on the forms.

WOW! Can you do that on all the forms without any problems?

Like the DS 230.

There is a specific cite that indicates USCIS is not to RFE or deny otherwise properly filed petitions for G325a's without signatures.

Could you please give the link?

Thanks!

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
pushbrk!

She had signed multiple times on mailing labels and I just cut them to fit and pasted them on the forms.

WOW! Can you do that on all the forms without any problems?

Like the DS 230.

There is a specific cite that indicates USCIS is not to RFE or deny otherwise properly filed petitions for G325a's without signatures.

Could you please give the link?

Thanks!

I wouldn't try the label trick on anything but the G325a. For the link, google is your friend. Try something like "unsigned G325a".

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.