59 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm in houston, did u check? I know how working illegally is forgiven (laughing) This case leaves a bad taste though, it's as screwed up as things gets. I guarantee you in Indo where this girl? whoever this person is from would get probably jacked for this. (another idle comment)

Violating the terms of a visa isn't law-abiding. Idle comment only

while i have no advice to offer i just want to say it's a shame that goverment (of any country) would interfere in 2 law abiding people spending their lives together.

i wish you well and hope you two are able to work this out favorably.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah, im in houston, u didnt check, i know what's forgiven. :P Caught couple of latinos with their hands in my jeep and gave them a special welcome with my .357 last january. No consequence for me tho. I moved here from alaska.

In a perfect world it wouldnt. another idle comment. U think i have any mercy for a criminal? especially in this pucked up mess? another idle opinion.

Given your violation, it would be good if you were made an example of, picked up, fined, put on a flight, and returned home. You obviously have no regard for the law here and now you are looking for some other way to deceive the system so that you can have a "marriage"? Bring your "lady" friend to Jakarta or whatever village you are from and live happily there. For $35 "she" can get an indo visa to spend time with you there. I suspect though life would be pretty difficult, just an idle thought from my time there though.

Actually working illegally is normally forgiven during AOS to USC.... :whistle:

re- :whistle:

In a perfect world it wouldnt. another idle comment. U think i have any mercy for a criminal? especially in this pucked up mess? another idle opinion.

Given your violation, it would be good if you were made an example of, picked up, fined, put on a flight, and returned home. You obviously have no regard for the law here and now you are looking for some other way to deceive the system so that you can have a "marriage"? Bring your "lady" friend to Jakarta or whatever village you are from and live happily there. For $35 "she" can get an indo visa to spend time with you there. I suspect though life would be pretty difficult, just an idle thought from my time there though.

Actually working illegally is normally forgiven during AOS to USC.... :whistle:

Should it matter if he had the change though? Should they not base it on the fact he has a Y chromosome?

But they don't, though. (E.g., did you have to give a blood test to prove you're a man?) They go by what the person is recognized as legally, and marriage based visas require that one partner be legally male and the other legally female.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
while i have no advice to offer i just want to say it's a shame that goverment (of any country) would interfere in 2 law abiding people spending their lives together.

why not 3 or 4, or 5?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

why not 3 or 4, or 5?

Kind of off topic but the government doesn't interfere with any number of people, law abiding or not, from spending their lives together except to imprison or deport any of them convicted and sentenced/ordered.

We do however, have immigration laws to regulate and administer immigration. When a USC seeks an immigration benefit for a person as their "spouse", the law requires that the couple be of opposite gender.

This has nothing to do with my right to invite any number of people to spend their lives with me and my family and/or if not incest or statutory rape, sharing a sexual relationship with them as I please.

I don't exercise those rights beyond my immediate family in a "marriage" but they have not been abridged in any way by my government and neither have those of the OP's "boyfriend".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

:thumbs:

why not 3 or 4, or 5?

Kind of off topic but the government doesn't interfere with any number of people, law abiding or not, from spending their lives together except to imprison or deport any of them convicted and sentenced/ordered.

We do however, have immigration laws to regulate and administer immigration. When a USC seeks an immigration benefit for a person as their "spouse", the law requires that the couple be of opposite gender.

This has nothing to do with my right to invite any number of people to spend their lives with me and my family and/or if not incest or statutory rape, sharing a sexual relationship with them as I please.

I don't exercise those rights beyond my immediate family in a "marriage" but they have not been abridged in any way by my government and neither have those of the OP's "boyfriend".

why not 3 or 4, or 5?

since only 2 people can be issued a marriage license that's why smart ###. i think and it's just my opinion but 2 people should not be prevented from a marriage solely because the same gender.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

why not 3 or 4, or 5?

since only 2 people can be issued a marriage license that's why smart ###. i think and it's just my opinion but 2 people should not be prevented from a marriage solely because the same gender.

That's not the way you expressed yourself the first time. No need to discuss hot button political issues here. This is the AOS forum. If you want to discuss that subject on VJ, the off topic anything goes forum would be more appropriate. Whether we agree or not on what "should be" in such matters, these forums are about "what is" and "how to".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

i can say what i choose and fortunately no one other the moderators here may tell me otherwise. i merely offered some sympathy which could have been left as such for the OP, such as it was for many posts.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Filed: Other Timeline

I acutally think this is an interesting topic.

Cases like these actually help define what USCIS considers a bona fide relationship. Will they accept relationships that are outside the norm? Isn't there a thread going right now that discusses USCIS and their take on age difference with a couple? Can they judge a relationship based on lifestyle?

If USCIS accepts the relationship, can the person go on to have the sex change? Once you obtain a green card (beyond removing conditions) it is up to the immigrant to maintain their status, it is no longer based on marriage. Couples divorce every day and no one's immigration status becomes in jeopardy. (again, beyond removing conditions).

Whether you agree with the relationship or not, cases like these do actually have bearing on everyone in the process.

Nothing I say is legal advice. I recommend you consult a qualified immigration attorney for any questions you may have.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.