me!

what addresses to include?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I'm slowly but surely chugging my way through my biographical information pages, and I was wondering how long I need to live somewhere before the address must be included on the form. All through college I kept my parents house as my permanent address, but had an apartment at school and spent summers doing internships in a variety of places. Does a place I've only stayed for 3-4 months need to be included?

Also, when it comes to submiting things like phone bills to prove we talk, should I submit the original, or photocopies? And does it matter that I use a phone card so all the numbers show up as 1-800 numbers?

Thanks for all your help!

I-129F sent 11-15-07

I-129F received 11-19-07

NOA1 issued 11-21-07

Check Cashed 11-26-07

Timeline

Hmm, I was in the other forum and I just read about overlaps in residences being a problem. On the form I thought I might put my parent's address for my college years, and then overlap it with my apartment at school and my summer internship residences. Is this a bad idea?

Thanks again!

I-129F sent 11-15-07

I-129F received 11-19-07

NOA1 issued 11-21-07

Check Cashed 11-26-07

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Isn't it for 6 months or longer?

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I moved around a lot in college and had a few internships as well. Since I always maintained my parent's home as my permanent address. I used their address for the biographical forms.

Phone cards are not enough. In order to be used as proof, you will have to show the actual phone number on your bill not a 1-800 number. With some phone cards you can request a copy of the numbers you've called with dates and durations of calls. I never did this. I did save cards and reciepts, but at my husbands interview they said it didn't prove any thing and didnt look at it (we knew that would probably happen). Instead they looked at our e-mails. My husband (then fiancee) printed every e-mail we ever exchanged and took it to his interview. His interview was almost entirely based on random questions from our e-mails. Basically, just establish regular communication: letters, phone bills with their number listed, e-mail, chat logs. Its all acceptable.

Its best to send copies to USCIS. Send the orginals to your SO so that they can have the orginal document during their interview. Make sure to keep a copy for yourself too.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Isn't it for 6 months or longer?

No but the G325a doesn't require a lot of detail. You can put something like College, Univ WA, Seattle Various. Abbreviation and consolidation is ok on this form.

This is not an FBI vetting document, just biographical.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thanks guys! I was panicking when I realized I couldn't remember all those addresses! I don't know what I'd do without you all!

Caitlin

I-129F sent 11-15-07

I-129F received 11-19-07

NOA1 issued 11-21-07

Check Cashed 11-26-07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.