Sha2011

Co Sponsorship

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I make about -1,000 short per year according to the poverty guideline. I own a house that's all paid for and I have around 20,000 in my account.

My dad decided to co sponsor my wife. How does this co sponsorship even work ? Does he have to prove by the poverty guideline he can take care of me, my wife, my son, my mother, and himself or would only have to prove he can take care of himself, my wife, and my mom :( ?????

February 5, 2011- Engaged

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I make about -1,000 short per year according to the poverty guideline. I own a house that's all paid for and I have around 20,000 in my account.

My dad decided to co sponsor my wife. How does this co sponsorship even work ? Does he have to prove by the poverty guideline he can take care of me, my wife, my son, my mother, and himself or would only have to prove he can take care of himself, my wife, and my mom :( ?????

You and your Dad will both have to file a I-134F, since you are petitioner embassy will expect one from you and then another from your co-sponsor. You will also have to go get both forms notarized.

You will need to get about 3 years worth of W2 yearly statements, 1040 Federal Tax Returns, letter of reference from bank, letter of reference from employer, and most recent 6-12 months of bank statements and send most 6 -12 months recent paystubs. This is all documentary proof that you or the cosponsor has stable sustainable steady income above poverty line to support your K1 finance. You can send photocopies of all that stuff they do not require originals, only I-134 f signed and notarized by each, and the letters of reference. Assets are not really something they focus much on, they are more interested in your monthly cash flow and ability to support a K1 finance until they are able to get EAD or AOS greencard to go look for a job, and that could take about 6 to 12 months on average or longer.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The joint sponsor must meet the requirements for the number of people in their own household plus the intending immigrant.

I think you qualify with your assets added but it might be easier to get an I-134 from Dad than to get your house appraised.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You can list assets to make up the difference, assert = 1/3 income so if you are short by 1000 then 3000 in assets are needed the 20,000 account balance more than make up the difference.

I have read that Manilia frowns on I-134 (Co-sponsors) so if your income + Assets covers the 125% requirement then no co-sponsor is needed.

This also applies to the I-864 used later when adjusting status, you can use Income+Asset to solo sponsor the AOS.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
The joint sponsor must meet the requirements for the number of people in their own household plus the intending immigrant.

I think you qualify with your assets added but it might be easier to get an I-134 from Dad than to get your house appraised.

Thanks Pushbrk

My dad makes enough according to the poverty guideline. He'll only have to he can care for my wife, himself, and my mom.

Do they consider household people that live in your house or people you've claimed on Income Tax Return ?

You will need to get about 3 years worth of W2 yearly statements, 1040 Federal Tax Returns, letter of reference from bank, letter of reference from employer, and most recent 6-12 months of bank statements and send most 6 -12 months recent paystubs. This is all documentary proof that you or the cosponsor has stable sustainable steady income above poverty line to support your K1 finance. You can send photocopies of all that stuff they do not require originals, only I-134 f signed and notarized by each, and the letters of reference. Assets are not really something they focus much on, they are more interested in your monthly cash flow and ability to support a K1 finance until they are able to get EAD or AOS greencard to go look for a job, and that could take about 6 to 12 months on average or longer.

Hi zqt3344

My bank doesn't give letter of references. I dont have 6-12 months statements since a large sum in my account was recently deposited. I do have a paper stating my current balance.

I dont even have 6- 12 months pay stubs. I was working 3 days to now I am working 4 to move closer to the 125% line. So this increase of pay was recent. I do have a letter from my employer.

My dad just recently started working. He can only submit one pay stub and an employment letter and the monies from his savings and checking account.

Thanks

Edited by tangkas

Timeline

Thanks Pushbrk

My dad makes enough according to the poverty guideline. He'll only have to he can care for my wife, himself, and my mom.

Do they consider household people that live in your house or people you've claimed on Income Tax Return ?

Hi zqt3344

My bank doesn't give letter of references. I dont have 6-12 months statements since a large sum in my account was recently deposited. I do have a paper stating my current balance.

I dont even have 6- 12 months pay stubs. I was working 3 days to now I am working 4 to move closer to the 125% line. So this increase of pay was recent. I do have a letter from my employer.

My dad just recently started working. He can only submit one pay stub and an employment letter and the monies from his savings and checking account.

Thanks

Big alarms are going off in my head with all this recent change in finances but I think your best bet is to be the sole sponsor, using current pay stubs and bank statement to make up the difference. Although it is often argued, there is anecdotal evidence that using a joint sponsor in the PI is pretty iffy. Your Dad's short employment record may not help you in the best of circumstance.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks Pushbrk

Hi zqt3344

Thanks

Big alarms are going off in my head with all this recent change in finances but I think your best bet is to be the sole sponsor, using current pay stubs and bank statement to make up the difference. Although it is often argued, there is anecdotal evidence that using a joint sponsor in the PI is pretty iffy. Your Dad's short employment record may not help you in the best of circumstance.

I would def. get the joint sponsor if they can prove what needs to be done.....you don't want to get all the way to your interview and find out you need one (I've been reading the horror stories on here). Secondly, my bank tried to tell me they don't do the letter either...I took them the instructions from the u.s. webpage and explained to them I NEEDED this information for my husband's visa...they got out some letter head and typed up a letter for me on the spot. (I sounded more desperate than demanding which probably helped). BEST OF LUCK!

Timeline

Thanks Pushbrk

Hi zqt3344

Thanks

I would def. get the joint sponsor if they can prove what needs to be done.....you don't want to get all the way to your interview and find out you need one (I've been reading the horror stories on here). Secondly, my bank tried to tell me they don't do the letter either...I took them the instructions from the u.s. webpage and explained to them I NEEDED this information for my husband's visa...they got out some letter head and typed up a letter for me on the spot. (I sounded more desperate than demanding which probably helped). BEST OF LUCK!

My dad is co sponsor. Does he have to prove he can take care of his dependents, my wife, and my dependents ? Or does it just go by himself, my wife, and his dependents ?

Timeline

Thanks Pushbrk

Hi zqt3344

Thanks

My dad is co sponsor. Does he have to prove he can take care of his dependents, my wife, and my dependents ? Or does it just go by himself, my wife, and his dependents ?

"Prove he can take care of" is not an issue. He must meet the income requirements for himself, any of his dependants and the intending immigrant. I already told you this. That number makes up the "household size".

So if he isn't supporting children but is supporting your mother, the household is Dad, Mom and your wife, the intending immigrant. If your wife is bringing any children add one for each. Dad, Mom and intending immigrant is a household of 3.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.