JODO

Halo 3 player punches mother after video game is taken away

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

header_print.gif

Halo 3 player punches mother after video game is taken away in Indian River County

By Henry A. Stephens

Originally published 01:08 p.m., October 31, 2007

Updated 01:08 p.m., October 31, 2007

A juvenile fan of the video game Halo 3 is accused of punching his mother after she forced him to end his game Sunday night and fighting with sheriff's deputies as they tried to restrain him, according to reports released Wednesday.

Indian River County Sheriff's Deputy Sean Harnage reported responding to the family's home at about 11:30 p.m. Sunday in reference to an "out-of-control child."

The parents told deputies their son was playing Halo 3, and it was getting late and he needed to shut it off. When the son refused to turn off the game, the parents reportedly took the air card out of his machine so he couldn't play anymore.

Reports show the son became enraged, went through the house looking for the air card, and then punched his mother, prompting the parents to call the Sheriff's Office.

After the boy retreated to his bedroom and locked it, the mother knocked on the door and told him he needed to come out and talk to the deputies, the report stated. But the juvenile allegedly responded with profanity.

Harnage and another deputy entered the room using a key from the parents to arrest the son, according to the report. The son fought the deputies - at one time punching Harnage on the lip - until they handcuffed him.

He was later turned over to state juvenile authorities on charges of battery-domestic violence and battery on a law-enforcement officer.

The son's and parents' names are being withheld because of the juvenile's age.

drinkblink14.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this really a Halo 3 (/video game) problem? or a teenage/hormone (and possibly chemical) problem?

I hate the way the 'news' sensationalizes these kinds of things just to get headlines... :angry:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Is this really a Halo 3 (/video game) problem? or a teenage/hormone (and possibly chemical) problem?

I hate the way the 'news' sensationalizes these kinds of things just to get headlines... :angry:

Its a problem with the kid, not the game.

Before Boo-Yah! materialises out of the ether to slam video-games for turning kids into psychopaths - he bought Halo-3 himself. I wonder how many people he punched today ;)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
my grandmother would have sorted that little sod out....

:thumbs:

haha.. my grandma would have fixed that problem too, without calling the cops..

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hmmm....Looks like someone needs a "can of whoop-azz" opened up.

Number 6... Right on ...The problem IS indeed with the kid, AND the parents.

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Now they'll burn Halo 3 saying it's the culprit for violent kids.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

OMG HALO 3 IZ THE EVILZ...

I went this morning to a bojangles @ 6am and punched all the seniors who were drinking biscuits and coffee,.. master chief would be proud of me

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
OMG HALO 3 IZ THE EVILZ...

I went this morning to a bojangles @ 6am and punched all the seniors who were drinking biscuits and coffee,.. master chief would be proud of me

Well if you were really acting out the game - you would have jumped in the seniors electric wheelchair and started punching them repeatedly ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

im wondering how long it will take someone to blame the parents :whistle:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

the aclu is working on it right now.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

the aclu is working on it right now.

:lol:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!