arien

TSC I-751 relocated to District Office

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi All, Any thoughts on what the below notice from TSC could mean?

Received this Notice from TSC today.

This letter is in reference to the Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence (Form I-751) you filed on Nov. 27, 2006. This is your notification that your Form I-751 has been relocated to the District Office listed below for adjudication. Any further correspondence concerning your petition should be directed to the addresse below.

Houston Districe Office

126 Northpoint

Houston, TX 77060

Unquote

I know that a relocation usually means an interview. At the same time i have also read that if it for an interview then the Notice from the Service Center usually says Case being relocated to the xxx district office for an interview. So, can there be any other reason for the case relocation?

I know TSC has a backlong with I-751 filed in first half of 2007, before they started sending it to CSC. Could this just be their way of clearing the backlong? FYI i didn't get any RFE in the past 11 months while TSC sat on my file.

Any thoughts, advice??

tks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It means they may be planing to will interview you.

You may or may not be called for an interview after you submit this form.
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=751guide

Prepare your selves for a "stokes" interview.

Assuming the couple is in the U.S., they will have to appear before the INS for a joint interview, sometimes called the "Stokes interview". The INS will question them together regarding the marriage and the documents offered in support of the marriage. The INS Examiner will judge their demeanor, the way they interact together and other relevant factors. In cases where the INS has misgivings, the couple can be interviewed separately for extended periods. In these separate interviews, the couples are asked details of their daily lives and backgrounds. Their answers are later compared. The questioning goes beyond things that could be memorized prior to the interview. The couple is given a chance to respond in writing to explain discrepancies and provide further documentation, if after the interview the INS determines that the case is not appropriate for approval.
http://www.murthy.com/news/UDirlove.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Or you could simply have been randomly picked for interview as part of the "quality control".

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would guess that it could be that your security checks are not completed yet. Many of us had a long wait for AOS for security checks, and I would just guess that if at lifting conditions a security check is taking longer than normal then they would maybe send it to the district office. This is just a guess, but I do seem to remember seeing a post by someone going through lifting conditions that said they were told they would have an interview and that their security check was pending.

If you filed AOS did you have a wait after the interview for approval?

You could contact your Congressperson's office for assistance.

Edited by designermedusa

((Success))

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like an interview to me... and it probably won't be a Stokes interview. My guess is that it is a quality control interview.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
I would guess that it could be that your security checks are not completed yet. Many of us had a long wait for AOS for security checks, and I would just guess that if at lifting conditions a security check is taking longer than normal then they would maybe send it to the district office. This is just a guess, but I do seem to remember seeing a post by someone going through lifting conditions that said they were told they would have an interview and that their security check was pending.

If you filed AOS did you have a wait after the interview for approval?

You could contact your Congressperson's office for assistance.

===============================

I kind of agree with you 'designermedusa'. Only thing i can think of is security check. My application was very strong and dont think "validity" of marriage is an issue here. AOS approval was right at the interview, i guess, without much security check.

I had contacted Senator Kay Bailey's office last month and i think this notice is a fallout of their followup.

I have been following the TSC filers link for a while and it has been a good support. But never got around to getting my name added in the list of TSC filers. If anyone on the list is interested i can send other details of my application too.

tks

hey i got the same letter, a few days later i got the interview letter from local office. let me know what yours says. the thing that is freaking me out abt mine is it says to report to the "special cases officer" on the day of the interview. let me know wg=hen u get yrs if it says the same thing

• 4 months later...
Filed: Timeline
It means they may be planing to will interview you.

You may or may not be called for an interview after you submit this form.
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=751guide

Prepare your selves for a "stokes" interview.

Assuming the couple is in the U.S., they will have to appear before the INS for a joint interview, sometimes called the "Stokes interview". The INS will question them together regarding the marriage and the documents offered in support of the marriage. The INS Examiner will judge their demeanor, the way they interact together and other relevant factors. In cases where the INS has misgivings, the couple can be interviewed separately for extended periods. In these separate interviews, the couples are asked details of their daily lives and backgrounds. Their answers are later compared. The questioning goes beyond things that could be memorized prior to the interview. The couple is given a chance to respond in writing to explain discrepancies and provide further documentation, if after the interview the INS determines that the case is not appropriate for approval.
http://www.murthy.com/news/UDirlove.html

Stokes? Those are typically conducted at the initial AOS.

OP, it could siply be that USCIS wishes to see more evidence of the bonafides.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.