ohmy

WHAT'S IN A NAME

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I had a question, hopefully you could help me with it. Apparently on my baptism document, (which i have never seen-nor do my parents have) I had a name that i have never used. My parents told me this, unfortunately, after my husband sent our info. I dont have it on my passport, my diploma, nothing- and I am ordering my birth certificate from a different country- not sure if it is on there. my parents dont seem to remember either. I have never used that name; I am not even sure of the spelling, they have yet to review our papers from what I could tell- no noa1 or anything else- should i send them an explanation now or wait to see if the name is on my birth certificate??

i am confused and stressed, any info would be helpful! :unsure:

Thank you AND GOOD LUCK

3493.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Baptism certificate is not a legal document nor is it a required document for submission to the USCIS ... I would wait and see if the name appears on any legal documents...

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

I agree.

Any particular reason you are posting this question in Asia: South? We love visitors, but you'll get a lot more eyes on your question if you post in the main forum for your particular type of visa...

Best wishes!

Maya

Edited by maya62

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks to both of you for your responses. I totally know I must let time take its course. I didn't realize I sent this post into the wrong forum until it was too late. I did copy it to the main forum thereafter.

Edited by ohmy
3493.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Actually, if a birth certificate cannot be produced, they will take a certified Baptism certificate as a legal document. I used to work in a Church and had to produce these all the time for people seeking social security benefits without a birth certificate.

It is possible that your specific Church of baptism required a baptism "name", much like Catholics select the name of a Saint for confirmation. It means little except to the church.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.