Trumplestiltskin

Video Games

84 posts in this topic

I think FEAR (the game) would scare the pants off me.

FEAR combat was a free download and still visually stunning. Even HL2 scared me with it's creepy sh!t. I do play single player games but end up playing MP the most.

It is pretty creepy - but a real triumph of virtual cinematography. Also the artifical intelligence controlling the enemy soldiers is very sophisticated and completely unpredictable. If shoot at a group of them, they all run and hide - then try to flank you. You get the odd 2-man patrols, but getting past an entire squad is really difficult - they pin you down while sending men round behind you.

I was playing on sunday and one guy burst through an office window in front of me (through the glass) - I killed him, but then got tagged with a grenade by his team-mate. Next time as soon as I shot one of the soldiers - the others that were with him found covered positions in the next room and waited for me to attack them. It really is some very impressive work.

Six, you war monger! :lol:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

FEAR combat was a free download and still visually stunning. Even HL2 scared me with it's creepy sh!t. I do play single player games but end up playing MP the most.

It is pretty creepy - but a real triumph of virtual cinematography. Also the artifical intelligence controlling the enemy soldiers is very sophisticated and completely unpredictable. If shoot at a group of them, they all run and hide - then try to flank you. You get the odd 2-man patrols, but getting past an entire squad is really difficult - they pin you down while sending men round behind you.

I was playing on sunday and one guy burst through an office window in front of me (through the glass) - I killed him, but then got tagged with a grenade by his team-mate. Next time as soon as I shot one of the soldiers - the others that were with him found covered positions in the next room and waited for me to attack them. It really is some very impressive work.

On sunday, when lots of people are in church - carrying out a virtual massacre on your PC is a way of sticking it to 'the' man ;)

On sunday, when lots of people are in church - carrying out a virtual massacre on your PC is a way of sticking it to 'the' man ;)

Six, I didnt know you had it in you!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Im a call of duty 2 fanatic!

check out C.O.D 4

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/call-of...4-videos/532917

Yeah I just won a copy of that on ebay. Played the original and liked it a lot - the only game experience that captures battlefield chaos in a way that feels authentic. Really immersive.

For some reason they skipped COD3 for the PC and went console only.

i wasn't aware you were a combat veteran.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Six, I didnt know you had it in you!

i'm glad to see you two found something in common to talk about. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

check out C.O.D 4

Yeah I just won a copy of that on ebay. Played the original and liked it a lot - the only game experience that captures battlefield chaos in a way that feels authentic. Really immersive.

I'm not - but I have an imagination. Unless of course I'm mistaken in thinking that the battle scenes in say, Saving Private Ryan, look more authentic than one of those old John Wayne WW2 movies from the 50's.

Timeline

check out C.O.D 4

I'm not - but I have an imagination. Unless of course I'm mistaken in thinking that the battle scenes in say, Saving Private Ryan, look more authentic than one of those old John Wayne WW2 movies from the 50's.

so if you're not a combat veteran just how do you know "feels authentic" (and surely you know hollywood isn't a good example of reality) :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

check out C.O.D 4

so if you're not a combat veteran just how do you know "feels authentic" (and surely you know hollywood isn't a good example of reality) :devil:

I don't - but I know what feels authentic to my imagination.

Timeline

check out C.O.D 4

take it from me - nothing on the computer compares to the real thing.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

check out C.O.D 4

take it from me - nothing on the computer compares to the real thing.

Well that's obvious.

I'm into TOAWIII, a pc version of good ol' boardgame tactical and strategic simulations

TOAWIII link

It's not a graphic masterpiece boom-and-bang-shock-and-awe style wargame, more like chess but much more complicated.

You play either vs the PO (programmed opponent) or PBEM... I'm currently getting trashed in the Italian Campaign of 1943-1945 :whistle:

Entry in the USA: May 13 2005

10 yr GC approved: October 5 2007

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The last online multiplayer game I played was Counter Strike...one of the most balanced games (or at least the ability to balance when you get rid of the sniper rifle).

Counter-Strike:%20Condition%20Zero.jpg

The last console game that I played was, Shadow of the Colossus ...artistically, probably the best game ever.

shadow-of-the-colossus.jpg

The current PC game I'm playing is, Baldur's Gate II ... I had gotten into D & D back in the early 80's and this game is true to form.

bg2-1.jpg

Leisure suit larry

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Leisure suit larry

:lol: and old favorite back in the 386 days... http://www.vintage-sierra.com/lsl/lslv1.php

i didn't know it still existed

Edited by Silvanski

Entry in the USA: May 13 2005

10 yr GC approved: October 5 2007