Urge To Race

Approved April/May/June Filers waiting for NVC

1,078 posts in this topic

Wintime,

For question 32 on DS156, my wife answered "No", but that is because we have no plans for her to work in the forseeable future. If your wife intends to work after arriving, you can put "Yes". In the sample form on VJ the have added in the employer address field put "WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION, EMPLOYER UNKNOWN"

My transcripts took 3 days to arrive, I ordered them over the phone on the automated system. By looking at my transcripts, I see nothing that would seem to indicate that mine were printed from the internet, but rather from some internal IRS system. Nothing is cut off from the margin. I don't know what else to say on this.

Lastly, your wife will need to take the original marriage certificate to the interview along with a copy. You should send it to her (note they will not keep the original, but she should have it with her).

:help:I have few questions about what's coming in the next step

1-

In form DS-156 question number 32 it says :

Do you intend to work in the US? (yes and no question)

I am bringing my wife with K3 visa, what should I answer to this question, yes we will later apply for green card, so should all K3 visa answer Yes to this question?

2-

One of the support evidence document is the tax transcript, I see folks here mention that it takes a week or two to get the transcript from IRS, I called IRS and I got the transcript with 48 hours, put I noticed that the envelope was prepared manually meaning the clerk wrote my address in an envelope and sent it,

More over the report/transcript seem to be printed out of the internet, with margin hiding last character of the number or some words, do you thing this is normal and the embassy will accept?

3-

One last question, I have the Marriage Certificate with me here, and my wife has only copy of it, is the embassy going to ask for the original to see and verify with the copy? Or they will only take the copy my wife has?

Thanks a lot in advance for all your help

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urge ...TAHANK YOU SO MUCH

That was very helpfull,

- I think I am going to put NO for my wife work, we not planing for her to work in the near futre either,

-As for my transcript I ordered them through the phone, but a real person talked to me, after few transfers from one to another, but would you mind if you give me the phone number you used.

- I think I will send the original marriage certificate to my wife along with other document, this is if I didn't go

Thanks again Urge :thumbs:

Wintime,

For question 32 on DS156, my wife answered "No", but that is because we have no plans for her to work in the forseeable future. If your wife intends to work after arriving, you can put "Yes". In the sample form on VJ the have added in the employer address field put "WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION, EMPLOYER UNKNOWN"

My transcripts took 3 days to arrive, I ordered them over the phone on the automated system. By looking at my transcripts, I see nothing that would seem to indicate that mine were printed from the internet, but rather from some internal IRS system. Nothing is cut off from the margin. I don't know what else to say on this.

Lastly, your wife will need to take the original marriage certificate to the interview along with a copy. You should send it to her (note they will not keep the original, but she should have it with her).

1-

I am bringing my wife with K3 visa, what should I answer to this question, yes we will later apply for green card, so should all K3 visa answer Yes to this question?

2-

One of the support evidence document is the tax transcript, I see folks here mention that it takes a week or two to get the transcript from IRS, I called IRS and I got the transcript with 48 hours, put I noticed that the envelope was prepared manually meaning the clerk wrote my address in an envelope and sent it,

More over the report/transcript seem to be printed out of the internet, with margin hiding last character of the number or some words, do you thing this is normal and the embassy will accept?

3-

One last question, I have the Marriage Certificate with me here, and my wife has only copy of it, is the embassy going to ask for the original to see and verify with the copy? Or they will only take the copy my wife has?

[...Life without my WIFE... Like fifty without FIVE...=0]

Call this number for the automated system: 1-800-829-1040

That was very helpfull,

- I think I am going to put NO for my wife work, we not planing for her to work in the near futre either,

-As for my transcript I ordered them through the phone, but a real person talked to me, after few transfers from one to another, but would you mind if you give me the phone number you used.

- I think I will send the original marriage certificate to my wife along with other document, this is if I didn't go

Wintime,

1-

2-

3-

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

Today my hopes for an interview date to be scheduled before the holidays was crushed. I didn't expect the interview to be conducted before the interview mind you, just that it would be schedule for January or something. I guess we will have to just wait through the holidays not knowing. :( :(

That was very helpfull,

Wintime,

1-

2-

3-

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
:) BIG NEWS!!! :yes: I JUST SPOKE TO THE AMERICAN EMBASSY IN PERU AND WAS TOLD TO TELEPHONE THIS WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND IF OUR APPLICATION IS IN THE SYSTEM. I CAN SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW FOR THE MIDDLE OF JANUARY 2008!! :dance::dance::dance: I SAW FROM THE PREVIOUS VJ PERU MEMBERS IT TAKES APPROX 4 - 5 DAYS TO ENTER IN THE SYSTEM. SO, IF ALL GOES WELL "MY HONEY" WILL BE HERE BEFORE JANUARY IS FINISHED... I'M HOPING AND PRAYING WEDNESDAY IS GOING TO HAVE K3 IN THE EMBASSY SYSTEM. THEN ITS TIME TO PREPARE FOR THE FLIGHT TO BRING "MY HONEY" HOME!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: Edited by My Honey

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

Te amo mucho mi gran amor!!!

I-130 Application: (Filed 222 days ago) Reached 7 MONTHS

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

05/09/2007 recieved NOA I from CSC (Reached 6 MONTHS 195 days from NOA I)

05/18/2007 Filed I-129F at Chicago Office ( Filed 186 days ago) 6 MONTHS!!

05/20/2007 rec'd NOA (184 days ago for NOA I ) REACHED THE 6 MONTH MARK!!

BOTH APPLICATIONS APPROVED 11/20/2007 THANK YOU MY GOD!!

11/20/2007 Date of NOA 2 email

11/26/2007 Date of hard copy of NOA 2

12/12/07 Date NVC receives paperwork

12/14/07 K3 is sent to Lima Peru, received case number from NVC.

12/17/07 Lima Peru Embassey receives K3

01/04/08 My Honey's Medical

**** I leave today to reunite with MY HONEY!!!! ****....

01/15/08 LEAVING FOR LIMA PERU!!!

01/17/08 8:15 AM Date of Interview in Lima, Peru with my honey!

INTERVIEW WAS APPROVED!!!!

***2008 is with My Honey***********

Timeline
Today my hopes for an interview date to be scheduled before the holidays was crushed. I didn't expect the interview to be conducted before the interview mind you, just that it would be schedule for January or something. I guess we will have to just wait through the holidays not knowing. :(:(

That was very helpfull,

Wintime,

1-

2-

3-

Sorry to hear your news. :( But, my friend we will have a lifetime with our spouses. The holidays will be painful not having them by our side but, OHHHHHH will January 2008 :thumbs::thumbs: will be an awesome month for everyone!!! We are almost there and we all need to just pick ourselves up one more time and look forward for the happiness we all deserve with our families!!! :dance::dance: Thank you our God for the many blessings to all of us. Hang in there Urge.... :)

Edited by My Honey

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
:) BIG NEWS!!! :yes: I JUST SPOKE TO THE AMERICAN EMBASSY IN PERU AND WAS TOLD TO TELEPHONE THIS WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND IF OUR APPLICATION IS IN THE SYSTEM. I CAN SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW FOR THE MIDDLE OF JANUARY 2008!! :dance::dance::dance: I SAW FROM THE PREVIOUS VJ PERU MEMBERS IT TAKES APPROX 4 - 5 DAYS TO ENTER IN THE SYSTEM. SO, IF ALL GOES WELL "MY HONEY" WILL BE HERE BEFORE JANUARY IS FINISHED... I'M HOPING AND PRAYING WEDNESDAY IS GOING TO HAVE K3 IN THE EMBASSY SYSTEM. THEN ITS TIME TO PREPARE FOR THE FLIGHT TO BRING "MY HONEY" HOME!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Great news! congrats

I-130:

05/26/07: Mailed USPS; 05/31/07: Priority Date established
09/13/07: Received NOA1 (PD 5/31, RD 5/31, ND 9/10, PM 9/11)
11/15/07: Case Approved
11/20/07: Received NOA2 by mail (PD 5/31, RD 6/9, ND 11/15, PM 11/19)

I-129F:
06/27/07: Mailed USPS; 07/09/07: Received NOA1 (PD N/A, RD 7/2, ND 7/6, PM 7/6)
11/20/07: Received NOA2 by mail (PD N/A, RD 7/6, ND 11/15, PM 11/19)
12/10/07: NVC Received case (12/24/07: Received Packet 3 in the mail)
01/02/08: Email from consulate. Interview scheduled on 01/23. Interview letter in the mail.
01/23/08: Interview in Vancouver Approved
01/24/08: K-3 Visa granted

I-485/I-765 (AOS/EAD):
02/22/08: Mailed USPS; 03/03/08: Received both I-797C NOAs by mail (RD 2/24, ND 2/29, PM 2/29)
03/19/08: Biometrics
05/07/08: EAD card received
07/28/08: Interview Notice Received. (ND 7/23)
09/29/08: Interview - Approved Class CR6

10/18/08: Received welcome letter; 10/23/08: Received Conditional Permanent Resident Card (PM 10/21)

I-751 (Remove Condition)

07/01/10: Mailed USPS
07/16/10: Received I-797C NOA by mail (RD 7/12)
07/29/10: Biometrics Appt Scheduled for 08/19/10 (ND 7/26)

09/16/10: Condition lifted and Permanent Resident Card Printed

09/25/10: Permanent Resident Card received

N-400 (Citizenship):
03/03/14: Mailed USPS
03/15/14: Received I-797C NOA by mail (PD 3/6, RD 3/06, ND 3/10)
03/17/14: Biometrics Appt Scheduled for 03/27/14 (ND 3/13)

04/03/14: Placed inline for interview scheduling

06/04/14: Interview Notice Received with Interview scheduled for 7/8. (ND 6/4)

07/08/14: Interview + RFE. Response Mailed 7/12. Website updated on 8/21 that response received. 8/25 Placed in queue for oath.

09/05/14: Oath Ceremony Letter Received (ND 9/2)

09/17/14: Oath Ceremony / Naturalized

PD = Priority Date, RD= Receipt Date, ND = Notice Date, PM = Post Marked

Congatulations My Honey. That is great news. :thumbs:

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Today my hopes for an interview date to be scheduled before the holidays was crushed. I didn't expect the interview to be conducted before the interview mind you, just that it would be schedule for January or something. I guess we will have to just wait through the holidays not knowing. :(:(

Urge you wanted to give your self a holyday gift haa ;) , but that's ok January isn't that far, I hope everything will be done by then, and all of us will be with our beloved ones

:) BIG NEWS!!! :yes: I JUST SPOKE TO THE AMERICAN EMBASSY IN PERU AND WAS TOLD TO TELEPHONE THIS WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND IF OUR APPLICATION IS IN THE SYSTEM. I CAN SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW FOR THE MIDDLE OF JANUARY 2008!! :dance::dance::dance: I SAW FROM THE PREVIOUS VJ PERU MEMBERS IT TAKES APPROX 4 - 5 DAYS TO ENTER IN THE SYSTEM. SO, IF ALL GOES WELL "MY HONEY" WILL BE HERE BEFORE JANUARY IS FINISHED... I'M HOPING AND PRAYING WEDNESDAY IS GOING TO HAVE K3 IN THE EMBASSY SYSTEM. THEN ITS TIME TO PREPARE FOR THE FLIGHT TO BRING "MY HONEY" HOME!!!

Aren't you happy My_Honey :D , you are alomst done my friend :thumbs: ,

Great news Kim! :thumbs: Hope to hear tomorrow that you have your interview date.

Wintime, My Honey, thanks for the encouraging words!

I am in the same position, Urge, Josh phoned the DOS again yesterday and still no interview scheduled. I was truly hoping that my xmas pressie would be a final interview date but unless there is some movement later this week, then I will also be going through the holiday wondering.

Even with this delay, I am still hopeful to be in the US during February :)

:) BIG NEWS!!! :yes: I JUST SPOKE TO THE AMERICAN EMBASSY IN PERU AND WAS TOLD TO TELEPHONE THIS WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND IF OUR APPLICATION IS IN THE SYSTEM. I CAN SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW FOR THE MIDDLE OF JANUARY 2008!! :dance::dance::dance: I SAW FROM THE PREVIOUS VJ PERU MEMBERS IT TAKES APPROX 4 - 5 DAYS TO ENTER IN THE SYSTEM. SO, IF ALL GOES WELL "MY HONEY" WILL BE HERE BEFORE JANUARY IS FINISHED... I'M HOPING AND PRAYING WEDNESDAY IS GOING TO HAVE K3 IN THE EMBASSY SYSTEM. THEN ITS TIME TO PREPARE FOR THE FLIGHT TO BRING "MY HONEY" HOME!!!

Congratulations, My Honey, that is wonderful wonderful news :D Even with all the extra waiting you endured because of your RFE, Peru has a turnaround time that is enabling you to be on track with the rest of us :) I'm so pleased for you that this part of the journey is moving so fast :)

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Timeline

Thank you all, I hope everyone soon knows when the "BIG" day is going to be. I'm amazed to know and with the understanding we are only weeks away from being united for a lifetime!!! :dance::dance::dance: It's just an awesome feeling... :) Makes my heart (L) race.... :D "My honey" is preparing for the Peruvian celebration and I am counting the days down to be with him... :dance::dance::dance: I will let you all know when our "BIG" day is going to be... Yes, I'm so very thankful CSC no longer has our applications because once they finally got away from CSC, it has been moving along pretty rapid and I consider us very fortunate for the progress!!! However, our I-130 on the other hand USCIS stills remains pending.. GO FIGURE!! :wacko: I guess they still want a part of us... :no:

Edited by My Honey

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

Here is the latest chart... lots of updates here.

post-34283-1197991604_thumb.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.