Donato

living in china... how!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

for SURE this isnt the right place to ask this question, but i dont know where else to go! Even "candle for love" is evil and doesnt let me ask, and thats supposed to be for my kind of situation.

anyway.. here we go..

Im going to china on jan. 17, 2008, and i want to live there until my wife's visa (CR-1) goes through. i JUST got the NOA1 like, 2 weeks ago... that took FOREVER (month and a half at least)... so i'm probably gonna have to wait a long while in china... actually.. our wedding is march 26 in Guangzhou. I doubt the visa will even be available by that time! (but lets hope it is). anyways.. so my plan is to stay in china at least 3-6 months. and i'll NEED to exit mainland to go to HK/Macau a couple of times (3 or so) in those months. AND i would want to work too (probably illigally, as a teacher or something..but it would be nice to do so legally). anyways... i went to the chinese embassy web site and its so confusing... I wont begin to pretend to understand. but yes, ive checked it out.

the point is.. i need help! who can tell me what i should do? what i should apply for? how can i enter and exit so many times easily? or at least be allowed to stay in GZ for more then 30 days at a time. i want to live with my wife in peace.

help me VJ.com! I dont know who else to ask!

for SURE this isnt the right place to ask this question, but i dont know where else to go! Even "candle for love" is evil and doesnt let me ask, and thats supposed to be for my kind of situation.

anyway.. here we go..

Im going to china on jan. 17, 2008, and i want to live there until my wife's visa (CR-1) goes through. i JUST got the NOA1 like, 2 weeks ago... that took FOREVER (month and a half at least)... so i'm probably gonna have to wait a long while in china... actually.. our wedding is march 26 in Guangzhou. I doubt the visa will even be available by that time! (but lets hope it is). anyways.. so my plan is to stay in china at least 3-6 months. and i'll NEED to exit mainland to go to HK/Macau a couple of times (3 or so) in those months. AND i would want to work too (probably illigally, as a teacher or something..but it would be nice to do so legally). anyways... i went to the chinese embassy web site and its so confusing... I wont begin to pretend to understand. but yes, ive checked it out.

the point is.. i need help! who can tell me what i should do? what i should apply for? how can i enter and exit so many times easily? or at least be allowed to stay in GZ for more then 30 days at a time. i want to live with my wife in peace.

You applied for and got an NOA1 for a CR-1 visa for someone you won't be married to until March 26, 2008?

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Apply for a 2-year multiple entry visa to China. With it, you can go in and out of China as many times as you like.

An and Jing

AOS Journey

07/23/2008: POE Detroit

08/04/2008: Applied for SSN

08/08/2008: Got Married

09/10/2008: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

09/12/2008: Arrived in Chicago/Signed by V BUSTAMANTE

09/19/2008: Check cashed

09/22/2008: NOAs for I-485/I-131 (dated 09/17) but I-765 was rejected due to outdated form (Rev 4/08/2008)

09/24/2008: Mailed I-765 (rev 05/27/2008) again

09/28/2008: I-765 was delivered

10/03/2008: I-485 transferred to CALIFORNIA

10/06/2008: NOA for I-765

10/10/2008: biometrics

12/01/2008: AP approved

12/05/2008: EAD ordered

02/19/2009: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
You applied for and got an NOA1 for a CR-1 visa for someone you won't be married to until March 26, 2008?
I was thinking the same, isn't that falsification on a government document?

How did you file the I-130 without a copy of marriage cert? I suspect you will be getting an RFE for it, and it had better be dated BEFORE the I-130 filing date.

What Documents Do You Need to Prove Family Relationship?

1. A husband or wife, submit the following documentation:

A. A copy of your marriage certificate.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-130instr.pdf

And what about CFL is evil? I have not seen a question like this come up, and see no member there named "Donato" unless you are using a different name.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

anyway.. here we go..

Donato,

There are visa services within China which give a visa that is different from that given in the US. That is, even if you get an F visa from the US it will have a 30 day limit on it meaning you'll have to exit the country every 30 days or so to satisfy the visa reqirement. My suggestion is to come to China on a tourist visa. Then after you are in China seek a visa company which can change the tourist ( L ) visa to an ( F ) visa. You can get a 6 month, multi-entry or a 1 year multi-entry visa quite easily. See the following link:

http://www.visainchina.com/visa1.htm

Then you can relax in China during this time.

Regarding work, you're on you own there. I suggest staying as legal as possible to avoid trouble with your US Visa/Immigration processes.

Edited by HaoRan

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

anyway.. here we go..

If you are married to a Chinese Citizen you can get a multiple entry visa good for a year. I think the granted stay is 60 days but you can go to a local police station and have it extended. If all else fails, take a quick trip to Hong Kong and then reenter. Try contacting these people for assistance in obtaining a visa. http://www.visa-chinese.com/

You mention a future wedding, yet you've petitioned for a visa for a spouse. Please clarify.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I took a few months off to see my husband overseas. It may delay your case, but if you can get a job quickly (within a month) by the time the Affidavit of Support is due to be filed it is possible.

These are the things you need to do to prepare:

* Find out what forms are in the pipeline.

* Find out what fees will be due for specific forms.

* Download the forms you know will be coming up

* Start PREPARATION WORK by assembling supporting documents (marriage certificates, police records, tax papers)

* Have a family member or close friend help out by mailing stuff the the NVC for you while you are outside the US.

I found out that while I would be away, the DS-3032 would come and the Affidavit of Support invoice would come. So I had a cashier's check for the Affidavit already set aside for my mom to mail to the NVC. I downloaded the DS-3032 and when I met my husband, he signed it. I then mailed it back to the US and mom turned around and forwarded it to the NVC.

When I got back to the US, I had to find a job quick, the Affidavit of Suport was due to the NVC. So this was the major delay for me. I could not have a joint sponsor. So I needed permanent full time employment quickly. Luckily I got hired within a month of my return.

This is the biggest issue....But if you can get a joint sponsor, then you do not have to worry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

anyway.. here we go..

CFL evil ? I dont recall having seen you there

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I copied your question to CFL, other that a few remarks about "Evil CFL", it is getting some good responses about how to live in China.

I don't know what you mean by Evil, they tend to be a very level headed group there.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=27680&hl=

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

So how can you call the people at CFL evil? Or is your name "donahso" over there?

玉林,桂 resident
Feb 23, 2005 ........ Mailed I-129F to TSC . . . . . . . . .March 8th ............. P1 from CSC
April 11 ................. P2 from CSC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .April 25 ................ NVC sends packet to GUZ
June 22 ................ P3 received . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nov 22 ................. PASSED Interview
Dec 2 ................... Made it! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 16 .................. Married
May 23, 2006 ..... TDL, EAD, AP received. . . . . . . . . June 16, 2006 ........ AOS interview - wait for FBI bkgrnd check
Apr 19, 2007 .... EAD # 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oct 7, 2008 ......... 10-year green card
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K2 (son) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dec 2 ..................... AOS/EAD filed . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 17 ................... 21st birthday
Jan 4, 2007 .......... transferred to CSC . . . . . . . . . . . Feb 6, 2007 ............ transferred to MSC
Feb 23 .................... EAD card . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Apr 16 .................... AOS denied (over 21)
Jul 26 .................... Master Calendar hearing . . . . . . Nov 15 ...................... Removal hearing
Jan 29, 2008 ........ Voluntary departure

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

sorry guys. it was really late when i posted that, and i was frusterated. anyways, I am already married... but it was only a civil wedding. So now we are having a "real" wedding, (church wedding) where everyone is invited. wedding doesnt always mean getting married? haha. anyways. Im not doing anything illigal. Dont worry. Im already married! (since feb 15 2007, yay!)

I called CFL evil cause i couldnt post and i didnt know where to post my question either, so i got a little mad. but yes. . they are cool.

Anyways. hope that clears things up, and thanks for the help everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.