JODO

Pittsburgh Man Jailed For Yelling At Police Dog

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Poor guy....gonna lose both of his jobs now.

what a crock of sh!t....I hate the police sometimes.

yeah, the police shoulda just let the guy and dog settle their differences. the guy woulda learned not to mess with dogs and the dog coulda taken a bite outta crime.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have a problem with how police feel their animals are official "officers" and have more rights than civilians. Don't get me wrong, I like animals. I remember once in an airport I saw a police officer with a dog. The dog wagged his tail as I passed. I bent offer to pet him and said something very nice to the dog. The officer got all pissy because I "touched" an officer. I replied, He's a dog, he's reacting like a dog, and I'm reacting as I do with any friendly dog. He rudely told me to, "move along" and then scolded the dog for being friendly towards me. Then they wonder why we consider fire fighters heroes and police officers something much different. Lose the ego, law enforcement officials. :angry:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I have a problem with how police feel their animals are official "officers" and have more rights than civilians. Don't get me wrong, I like animals. I remember once in an airport I saw a police officer with a dog. The dog wagged his tail as I passed. I bent offer to pet him and said something very nice to the dog. The officer got all pissy because I "touched" an officer. I replied, He's a dog, he's reacting like a dog, and I'm reacting as I do with any friendly dog. He rudely told me to, "move along" and then scolded the dog for being friendly towards me. Then they wonder why we consider fire fighters heroes and police officers something much different. Lose the ego, law enforcement officials. :angry:

i don't think fire fighters bite :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

:lol: Well at least you weren't arrested

drinkblink14.gif

Yup. Couldn't agree more.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yup. Couldn't agree more.

Egos .. or attitude ?

Or both ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I respect the fact that you like animals; so do I. If you don't want to respect the "human" officer then some respect should be shown for these animals and not treat them like any other dog.

Considering the dogs go through extensive training and at much expense I can see the point that they don't want the dog "acting like a dog" or having everyone coming up to it like it's a pet. They are trained to do a job and be alert to bombs, drugs, etc. If everyone were allowed to play with the dog then it would become distracted and therefore useless at what it was trained to do. I saw one of those "canine officers" in action at an airport I was at years ago and a bomb was found in a locker. Had it been busy playing with a passerby there could have been a problem that went boom.

One should also respect a guide dog and leave it alone...it too is trained to do a job for its owner who is very dependent on it and the dog shouldn't be distracted from that.

PJ

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Im not stickin up for the cops at all, but in this day and age. Their job is very tough the way soceity is these days.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

I did not show EITHER person nor animal disrespect. A person is a person and a dog is a dog. I try to treat all people with kindness. I've petted guide dogs before too and NEVER got a smart remark made from the dog's owner.

I respect the fact that you like animals; so do I. If you don't want to respect the "human" officer then some respect should be shown for these animals and not treat them like any other dog.

Considering the dogs go through extensive training and at much expense I can see the point that they don't want the dog "acting like a dog" or having everyone coming up to it like it's a pet. They are trained to do a job and be alert to bombs, drugs, etc. If everyone were allowed to play with the dog then it would become distracted and therefore useless at what it was trained to do. I saw one of those "canine officers" in action at an airport I was at years ago and a bomb was found in a locker. Had it been busy playing with a passerby there could have been a problem that went boom.

One should also respect a guide dog and leave it alone...it too is trained to do a job for its owner who is very dependent on it and the dog shouldn't be distracted from that.

PJ

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

Which is why they should APPRECIATE it when a civilian is trying to be friendly and pleasant and not the opposite. The job could be a less "tough" if they'd lose the superiority complex.

o

Im not stickin up for the cops at all, but in this day and age. Their job is very tough the way soceity is these days.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

A friend of mine has trained dogs for nearly twenty years, police dogs, helper dogs, protection dogs. drug dogs. According to him unless instructed otherwise the dog is supposed to act like a friendly dog. That means enjoying being touched and given attention. Only when the work commands are given is the animals attitude and attention supposed to change.

For instance a protection dog is just a friendly dog untill the protect command is given. Then the dog becomes instantly on guard with hair standing up. Next command and the dog will bark growl and strain at a leash. Final command and you better have your running shoes on cause that dog is gonna bite!! and they are trained to bite differt places. Arm, leg, groin even throat.

The cop at the airport is an excelent example of poor dog handling and giving confusing signals to the dog. As to the dog in the cop car, something is wrong in his traing or handling as this type of response is not supposed to happen with out provocation.