andrewmeier

CA Service Center

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Just wondering if the California service center is running par with the other service centers at the moment, or faster, having problems, etc?

(Applying for K1...)

Many thanks.

There are only two services centers and they are both extremely slow right now!!!

Filed: Country: Switzerland
Timeline
Just wondering if the California service center is running par with the other service centers at the moment, or faster, having problems, etc?

(Applying for K1...)

Many thanks.

There are only two services centers and they are both extremely slow right now!!!

Thanks for getting back to me. I thought there were a bunch - Cali, Vermont, Texas and Nebraska? 2 of them closed? Why are they so slow right now? Thanks.

(Applying for K1...)

Many thanks.

Thanks for getting back to me. I thought there were a bunch - Cali, Vermont, Texas and Nebraska? 2 of them closed? Why are they so slow right now? Thanks.

They are backed up because of all the people who filed to beat the fee increase July 30, 2007.

USCIS is hiring more peeps to deal with the deluge of petitions but it looks like it will take awhile to get back to "normal". NVC is jammed up also!

Used to take a few days after service center approval [NOA2] to pass petitions on to embassies. Is now taking over a month for NVC to acknowledge receiving them.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Please don't kill me for asking this (you can give me a link if you want) - How long are K1s taking on average at the CSC right now? I guess what I mean is from the time you send the petition to the time they send your case to the consulate.

Also, when you mentioned them hiring more people...what is the general opinion in terms of this actually making a difference and speeding things up? I know any kind of bureaucracy like this typically takes a long time, but are we still looking at an average wait time for the last 5 years, or are things REALLY bad right now?

Thanks.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Please don't kill me for asking this (you can give me a link if you want) - How long are K1s taking on average at the CSC right now? I guess what I mean is from the time you send the petition to the time they send your case to the consulate.

Also, when you mentioned them hiring more people...what is the general opinion in terms of this actually making a difference and speeding things up? I know any kind of bureaucracy like this typically takes a long time, but are we still looking at an average wait time for the last 5 years, or are things REALLY bad right now?

Thanks.

It's taking about six months for CSC to approve at this time. No data yet on how long it will take NVC to forward to embassies. My buddy I'm helping has been waiting a month since CSC approval and NVC doesn't have it registered yet.

Once it goes to embassies it depends on the embassy as processing times are different at each embassy.

I can't see any speed up on processing for awhile.

It is what it is!

Things are really bad at this time!

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Timeline

Thanks.

Hallo Andrewmeier,

Your question regarding how long it will take for the CSC from petition till all reach the consulate... huh that is the mystery we all would like to know.

The CSC says, now it takes 6 months and i believe it. We have 4 months already and we just got the NOA-1 = Notice of Action Form I-797C (Receipt Notice) And waiting for the NOA-2 = Notice of Action From I-797C (Approval Notice) we hope it comes soon, at the end of October, beginning November... could be.

After those NOAs, we get from the USA Embassy 2 packages with documents and instructions to full fill and send back to the Embassy, after that, if all is ok, then we get a date for an interview, then we get the YES!

But how long it will take, can not say, any case take different amount of time depending of what we send or not or when.

Any ways, I am planning to spend Christmas here in Sweden (I live in Sweden), but if all is done before that time... woooo hoooo, that will be extra bonus! Will take a flight right to my love!

I think we should keep positive and just full fill the documentation they required and wait.

Good luck to you Andy!

Luciana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

(Applying for K1...)

Many thanks.

They are backed up because of all the people who filed to beat the fee increase July 30, 2007.

USCIS is hiring more peeps to deal with the deluge of petitions but it looks like it will take awhile to get back to "normal". NVC is jammed up also!

Used to take a few days after service center approval [NOA2] to pass petitions on to embassies. Is now taking over a month for NVC to acknowledge receiving them.

I disagree with that statement. I filed my paperwork in May, well before the people filed to "beat the fee increase". The USCIS tells you that the petitions are looked at in the order they were received. If mine was received in May, how would people that filed in June and July affect my petition waiting time? I waited almost 150 days before I received a "touch" on my account, only to receive an RFE. Now it seems that it is taking up to a month for approved petitions to reach NVC once the NOA-2 is issued. What once was a 6 month process is now a 9 - 12 month process. The whole system at USCIS and related agencies is a mess.

Bundy

05/11/2007: I-129F petition received Texas Service Center (11:09 am)

05/14/2007: Received Date on NOA-1 (petition sent to CSC)

05/24/2007: Recevied NOA1 via Snail Mail

10/05/2007: TOUCHED---FINALLY

10/09/2007: RFE notice received via email

10/10/2007: Touch, Touch again 10/17 due to phone call

10/18/2007: Received RFE Hard Copy via snail mail

10/19/2007: Touch

10/20/2007: Resent RFE information to CSC

10/22/2007: RFE info received CSC (6:29 am-signed for by V. Semegi)

10/22/2007: Touch. Touched again 10/30, 10/31, 11/01, 11/02

11/02/2007: NOA-2 APPROVED-USCIS Website

11/08/2007: Received NOA-2 via snail mail

11/19/2007: NVC Receives petition

11/21/2007: NVC forwards petition to consulate in Bogota, Colombia

11/26/2007: Petition received by consulate in Bogota

12/04/2007: Received packet 3

12/05/2007: Interview Date issued - January 16, 2008

01/16/2008: Visa Approved

04/21/2008: Wedding Day

05/02/2008: K1 Visa Expires

I disagree with that statement. I filed my paperwork in May, well before the people filed to "beat the fee increase". The USCIS tells you that the petitions are looked at in the order they were received. If mine was received in May, how would people that filed in June and July affect my petition waiting time? I waited almost 150 days before I received a "touch" on my account, only to receive an RFE. Now it seems that it is taking up to a month for approved petitions to reach NVC once the NOA-2 is issued. What once was a 6 month process is now a 9 - 12 month process. The whole system at USCIS and related agencies is a mess.

Disagree all you want!

Notice of fee increase came out in Feb. 2007.

ALL the fee beaters didn't wait until July 29 to file.

Don't really matter as things have definitely showed WAY down no matter what the reason.

Hurry up and wait!

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Disagree all you want!

Don't really matter as things have definitely showed WAY down no matter what the reason.

Hurry up and wait!

Its a combination of the fee increase coupled with some issues related H1B visas and renewals and AOS from H1B status, if I'm not mistaken. There was a big problem with those and USCIS ended up extending the deadline for these, which caused a huge influx of petitions. The guaranteed processing times for those types of petitons is much shorter, so they have priority over everything else, including our I129f petitions.

Take a look at the immigration timelines link at the top of the page, you may get some information there.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Disagree all you want!

Hurry up and wait!

Hurry up and BITE ME! douche

Bundy

05/11/2007: I-129F petition received Texas Service Center (11:09 am)

05/14/2007: Received Date on NOA-1 (petition sent to CSC)

05/24/2007: Recevied NOA1 via Snail Mail

10/05/2007: TOUCHED---FINALLY

10/09/2007: RFE notice received via email

10/10/2007: Touch, Touch again 10/17 due to phone call

10/18/2007: Received RFE Hard Copy via snail mail

10/19/2007: Touch

10/20/2007: Resent RFE information to CSC

10/22/2007: RFE info received CSC (6:29 am-signed for by V. Semegi)

10/22/2007: Touch. Touched again 10/30, 10/31, 11/01, 11/02

11/02/2007: NOA-2 APPROVED-USCIS Website

11/08/2007: Received NOA-2 via snail mail

11/19/2007: NVC Receives petition

11/21/2007: NVC forwards petition to consulate in Bogota, Colombia

11/26/2007: Petition received by consulate in Bogota

12/04/2007: Received packet 3

12/05/2007: Interview Date issued - January 16, 2008

01/16/2008: Visa Approved

04/21/2008: Wedding Day

05/02/2008: K1 Visa Expires

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Disagree all you want!

Hurry up and wait!

Its a combination of the fee increase coupled with some issues related H1B visas and renewals and AOS from H1B status, if I'm not mistaken. There was a big problem with those and USCIS ended up extending the deadline for these, which caused a huge influx of petitions. The guaranteed processing times for those types of petitons is much shorter, so they have priority over everything else, including our I129f petitions.

Roger that! And their brilliant management decision to close the Nebraska and Texas Service Centers to K1/K3 petitions. I bet they got another bonus for shafting us with that too.

Timeline

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for your thoughts/posts. It does seem like a mess... It's a shame to think of all the pain so many people are having to go through just so the govt. can save/make some $$$ and change procedures as they please. I understand them wanting to make sure a potential marriage is legit, but making a couple wait up to a year to even see eachother again is just outrageous.

I'm a student finishing up here (this week) and the main thing I'm trying to figure out is whether to get married now and just file for AOS, or go home and file for K1. It might seem like an obvious choice as the first option would be considerably faster, but I do miss my family and friends (it's been a while), and I don't like the idea of rushing a marriage...

Thanks again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.