EsOrEnNa

Mommy corner

167 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
As for you being sore all over since started breastfeeding...that totally happpened to me too! You're just spending a lot of time in an "unnatural/unusual" position feeding your baby, it gets better in time...you get used to it and you 2 will master the breasfeeding thing more and more.

Feeding is no problem. I sit up in a chair or on the couch and prop him up with boppy and pillows. He does great in football an cross cradle. Latch on is no problem. My hands just hurt like hell.

That was a problem for me too and my baby was 7lbs. A relative had told me that it would happen until I got used to lifting him and holding him. She was right.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Lochia Rubra, last for approx until 3 days after birth, mostly small blood particles of decidua and mucus. Amount of blood decreases by day 4,Very red in color

Lochia Serosa- Blood changes from red to pinkish brown.

Lochia Alba--White, cream colored, usually present until 3 weeks, but may persist up to 6 weeks

How long ago did you give birth? have u been massaging ur fundus (Fundus usually not palpated by day 10-14) Each day the Fundus goes down approx 1 cm (i finger width) from the umbilicus.

If the color goes from the Serosa stage back to the Rubra stage, one should be contacting ur dr. As well for excessive flow. And keep in mind lochia wil l"pool" in the ####### if you have been laying for awhile. But if you are concerned, FOR SURE contact ur professional, no one on VJ can tell what is happening with UR body

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I also had terrible swelling after the C-section for my twins. I was swollen during pregnancy, but it was really horrible afterward. 15-20 pounds worth of swelling as I recall...

One tea I had said that it helped with swelling. I think it was marketed by Yogi teas. It was dandelion or dandelion root than took the swelling down. If you have a local health store or whole foods, ask one of the employees because it did help some as did keeping my feet elevated.

Breastfeeding also makes you retain water. So even though I am almost 11 months post-partum now, I still wake up some nights and find that I am sweaty, but nowhere near as sweaty as when I was getting rid of all of that water they had pumped me full of from the C-Section.

Kristi

Kristi and Seung-ho (U.S. / S. Korea)

.png

.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I had lochia real bad for about 3 weeks then it went away and since I was all alone, trying to be supermommy and superwife I overdid it and it came back with a vengence for another 3 weeks. So I had it for a good six weeks and when I finally thought it was gone, I had my six week post partum checkup which hurt so much and because of the pap smear they did I started bleeding again for about a week...it sucked.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Hi Mommys! :) I'm 13 weeks pregnant and had to get a tetanus/diphteria shot yesterday. The doc who did my medical said that he otherwise wouldn't send out my medical to the embassy.....so I had to go and have it done.

Everybody says that the Td-shot is ok for pregnant women but I still feel pretty bad about it. I mean, here I am- not having had any vaccines administered for ages, and then I have to go and have it done while I'm pregnant....

confused0009.gif

Just wanted to ask if anybody of you guys has received any vaccines during pregnancy ? And was everything ok, afterwards?? It's my first baby, and I'm a little bit on the worried side....confused0082.gif

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hello...well i am soon a mommy to be....

i am getting stuff ready for the big day trying to buy everything i need...and i am wondering if any of you use a sleep positioner and if so what kind and how do you like it...

i got this one at babiesrus a little bit ago but after looking at the reviews it has be a little scared to use it...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?p...oduct_skn=67035

so not sure if i should try it out and see or just take it back and get another one....

Timeline
Hi Mommys! :) I'm 13 weeks pregnant and had to get a tetanus/diphteria shot yesterday. The doc who did my medical said that he otherwise wouldn't send out my medical to the embassy.....so I had to go and have it done.

Everybody says that the Td-shot is ok for pregnant women but I still feel pretty bad about it. I mean, here I am- not having had any vaccines administered for ages, and then I have to go and have it done while I'm pregnant....

confused0009.gif

Just wanted to ask if anybody of you guys has received any vaccines during pregnancy ? And was everything ok, afterwards?? It's my first baby, and I'm a little bit on the worried side....confused0082.gif

Are you receiving Pre-natal care? They should be going over some the shots/tests moms to be can expect, and possibly which ones you (and baby) will get after birth.

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@mnieto: I found this side on which shots are safe during pregnancy. Seems like tetanus is fine. http://health.discovery.com/centers/pregna...ccinations.html Definetely ask your OB about what you can and can't do during pregnancy.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/yellowBookCh9-P...yTraveling.aspx About 3/4 down the page

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/default.htm

Of course one should be consulting a DR! Websites can be useful, and used to bring up questions to ur DR.

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

Speaking of vaccinations, my daughter had the last of her series. I wish I could say she took it like a pro, but no, and there were four of them.

Before the shots were given, I had to help the nurse go through my daughter's immunization book to find all the shots she had from before she came to the US. Meanwhile, my husband was watching our daughter and distracting her around the room. He spoke to her in German and sometimes to me. Finally, the nurse figured out what our daughter needed and then started to look for information sheets. Then she stopped digging around, looked right at me, and said "Well, I could also give them to YOU in YOUR language if you like.". :lol::bonk:

We have to go back in August for a check up and then again in November for the next flu shot. I am going to have to get her to the dentist soon for her first check up.

In other news, she is going to get her own room next month. Bad parents, but she hasn't had one since she was born. For her birthday, I am thinking of getting her a Baby Bjorn potty and starting on that. Sounds practical, but I am sure her relatives will spoil her rightly like they did at Christmas. ;)

Congrats on your son, yassmine! He is a cutie.

Edited by Wacken

Thanks :) We had our first trip to the grocery store on Monday. Every single aisle we went down someone had to stop and remark on his cuteness. Makes me a proud mommy :)

He's gorgeous Gabi :)

I hope he likes older women. Im wondering when I should break the news about the arranged marriage. But with your cute baby and my cute baby, we should have some stellar-looking grandkids! :lol:

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

Thanks :) We had our first trip to the grocery store on Monday. Every single aisle we went down someone had to stop and remark on his cuteness. Makes me a proud mommy :)

Enjoy your time where they can't attempt to pull everything off the aisle, open up boxes of things without you realizing it. :P

My daughter has found her 'Elmo'. It is L'ane Trotro. She will not stop watching this show. Obsession, I think so. She will only watch it in French too. I tried the German version one day and she got so pissed. :blink: