DeadPoolX

What do you for fun?

122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I draw. I'm not bad, actually. I'm currently working on a portrait of my step-daughter.

I play guitar. Infrequently and not very well.

Love grilling out, when the weather's good. I smoke some mean ribs.

Love camping with the family. Cycling, hikes, more grilling out - fabulous.

Read every night. Generally political tomes that remind me how bad all Republicans are. :hehe:

We get the odd DVD from the library, but not much TV. Old b&w movies suit us fine - Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, Orson Welles - that sort of thing.

I'd like to do some more letter-boxing, but the child didn't take to it as much as we'd hoped.

The stereo is on more often than the TV. Ole jazz 'n' blues.

We like to go away every few months, just to have some time to ourselves. In fact, this weekend is one of them!

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
- hubster and I belong to an ethnic dining group (we go to an off-the-beaten-path ethnic restaurant once a month....last month Senagalese, this month Peruvian, next month Moroccan)

- also belong to a group of ladies that goes out for proper afternoon tea once a month to various fancy hotels or restaurants. We get the whole shebang...tea, tea sandwiches, scones... it's fab!

Frances, I have to say, these two hobbies of yours are really cool and interesting!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
- hubster and I belong to an ethnic dining group (we go to an off-the-beaten-path ethnic restaurant once a month....last month Senagalese, this month Peruvian, next month Moroccan)

- also belong to a group of ladies that goes out for proper afternoon tea once a month to various fancy hotels or restaurants. We get the whole shebang...tea, tea sandwiches, scones... it's fab!

Frances, I have to say, these two hobbies of yours are really cool and interesting!

yeah, I like the afternoon tea thing... wish I knew a group of ladies I could do stuff with :(

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

For us, we blog, for our family all around the globe, and we hike on the weekend - we have a book of 50 hikes in CT and we're trying to get them all down! Tomorrow we're taking the train to NYC, and puttering around Central Park for the day, seeing some sights and then taking in a concert in the evening. We try to do something exciting each Saturday, often it doesn't mean $$, i'm a cheap date, often it's driving someplace pretty for an afternoon out exploring.

We both enjoy good food as well, so we've been trying to find a good restaurant or two in the area... NOT easy in the "armpit" of New England :)

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
yard work - fixing something around the house - occasionally watching tv - playing computer games. here's the list.

master of orion (aka moo)

empire (let's see how many remember that dinosaur :lol:)

silent hunter III (not so keen on IV)

age of empires 2 (not so keen on 3)

port royal (woohoo i'm a pirate!)

posting on vj :hehe:

-annoying lisad

-wadding up ionescu's panties :D

-irking the mean girls by continuing to breath

that's about it. :thumbs:

I recently bought Baldur's Gate II (released back in 2001). The gameplay in many of the older games cannot never be replaced. It's something that our technology loses sight of. It's not technology that makes the game.

Timeline

We like to go out to eat on the weekends....nothing fancy, just uncommonly good.

I enjoy seeing a movie on the big screen.

I like to go to museums.

Been wanting to go see a live play.

Have a tent and would love to go camping - when we can get away.

Enjoy cooking every now and then.

I love afternoon naps on the weekend.

Being lazy.

Reading, anything I am not a book snob, though I do draw the line at Mills and Boon.

Hiking, all around Orange County and I love camping, Sec/asst organiser of a local hiking and backpacking group. Couple of weeks back hiked and camped in Joshua tree, awesome!

Swimming, kayaking.

Cooking, baking.

Listening to 'cool' tunes, and drinking a glass of wine.

Some TV, but the way US tv schedules work drive me nuts. We don't have cable.

Anything artsy and photography when I get the time.

Edited by Purple_Hibiscus

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
Reading, anything I am not a book snob, though I do draw the line at Mills and Boon.

Hiking, all around Orange County and I love camping, Sec/asst organiser of a local hiking and backpacking group. Couple of weeks back hiked and camped in Joshua tree, awesome!

Swimming, kayaking.

Cooking, baking.

Listening to 'cool' tunes, and drinking a glass of wine.

Some TV, but the way US tv schedules work drive me nuts. We don't have cable.

Anything artsy and photography when I get the time.

PH, you're in OC, CA??? We're like neighbors.

Ahha, Laguna Beach right? Hike all around the Laguna Canyon Road. Crystal Cove/Laguna Wilderness/Aliso Woods Canyon.

I missed when you guys met up because I was gallivanting in Europe at the time

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

I like to go roller skating on weekdays sometimes weekends during the times when its really busy in public side walks wearing a long robe flashing people lol. :jest: Kinda a fun thrilled hobby for me to see how people react during my flashing pose lol.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

I have inline skates, bought them on about my second visit to the US. Still haven't mastered the art though...

free time?? :blink: whats that?

i have a kid up my ####### when im not at work, and when im at work i have customers up my #######. when the kids are asleep my hubby is up my ####### (NOT IN THAT MANNER CHARLES)

i have absoultly NOOOOOOOOOOOOO free time. :cry: yes its depressing

and i was gonna ask just what kinda job you do :whistle:

Methinks Charles is looking for a career change :)

I like to try cooking something different and have my hubby as my Guinea pig :devil:

A few weeks ago I made this banana pancakes and I put way too much nutmeg that it tasted nasty, I couldn't eat it but poor hubby ate it all :lol:

squeak squeak!

The pancakes make you squeak?

I think i will try roller blades and a thong see long i last on the streets before i get arrested for indecent exposure.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Timeline
Ahha, Laguna Beach right? Hike all around the Laguna Canyon Road. Crystal Cove/Laguna Wilderness/Aliso Woods Canyon.

I missed when you guys met up because I was gallivanting in Europe at the time

Well then... you are going to join us for the next meet up for sure. :yes: