Stars

Was it hard for you and your fiance to go through this process? How do you feel? Tell us about it. :)

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good things come to those who wait.....isn't that the saying?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I think the uncertainty of when this whole process will be over is the worst part of it. You just can't do any proper planning. We all knew that it wouldn't be easy, or fast for that matter. I truly believe that these rough times will make the relationship stronger.

Like a previous post said, the answer to this question can vary on a daily basis. We all have good days when we think positive :thumbs: , i.e. how far we've come rather than how far we still have to go, and then there are the bad days :crying: when you just want to scream, stay in bed,and pull the blanket over your head and hope to wake up once all this is over.

The bottom line is, eventually we will be together with our SOs in the end. Guess that's the best motivation there is.

I think the uncertainty of when this whole process will be over is the worst part of it. You just can't do any proper planning. We all knew that it wouldn't be easy, or fast for that matter. I truly believe that these rough times will make the relationship stronger.

Like a previous post said, the answer to this question can vary on a daily basis. We all have good days when we think positive :thumbs: , i.e. how far we've come rather than how far we still have to go, and then there are the bad days :crying: when you just want to scream, stay in bed,and pull the blanket over your head and hope to wake up once all this is over.

The bottom line is, eventually we will be together with our SOs in the end. Guess that's the best motivation there is.

In every difficulty lies an island of opportunity.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

I think the hardest part of all of this, at least for us, is listening to automated messages when you call. Maybe I am old-fashioned? :D but I like to talk to human beings and not machines.

And the other thing is.. it is so hard not to sit here and think, "Great.. our whole future is in the hands of someone who could be having a really bad day!" This is scary, especially for me. My husband is so calm and relaxed, but I am used to being the boss, and having no control is like a fish out of water experience.

Pio

P.S. Steve's Girl, is that a dachshund in your picture? :D such a cutie!

Edited by Piovana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Waiting for my fiance to get here is the hardest part. As long as he is here, the rest of the process is still manageable no matter how annoying.

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Good things come to those who wait.....isn't that the saying?

And "What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger"... I have lost count of the amount of times I have said that :lol:

Ok - the process...

It is amazingly beautiful and fantastically brilliant combined with the darkest pits of hell... Let me explain.

Before the "process" (packaged meat anyone?) I was neurotic, impatient, highly strung. At the beginning with NOA2s taking around 90 days to receive (over 100 was almost unheard of and resulted in indignation from the masses) and the whole process taking around 6-7 months if you had no issues, I was hopeful that we would make our wedding for February 2008. We were cutting it fine, sure, but we knew no different when we booked and thought we would make it. People thought we were crazy for scheduling a date but we literally had no clue about this mysterious "process".

Four months (ish) later we had heard nothing. We were still quietly hopeful that with a miracle, the wedding may still be an option. No-one else who filed in July had heard anything either (can't remember if the expedite was back then though and some heard a little earlier - maybe three and a half months) so we weren't too worried.

Almost five months in we are getting impatient - no sign of our NOA2, no touches, nothing. People after us are rapidly getting approved and we seem to have slipped to the bottom of the pile...

We miss each other, we have got over the novelty of spending time online together because it just doesn't feel "real" and we are just in limbo not knowing what is going on with our lives.

But I have learnt so much about myself, my relationship and what I want out of life. I have learned to develop patience, empathy, compassion and how to be happy for others when you are dying inside. I have learnt how to cope with adversity, how to stand up in the face of a challenge and look for answers. I have learnt how to appreciate time to myself as well as time with the people I love. And I have learnt to take each day one at a time and find the small joys that each one brings.

These are things I thank this "process" for :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

since i did my homework on visajourney a long time before we filed, nothing really came as a shock to me...the wait for NOA2 was a bit annoying though, i must say, because at the time i filed it was taking between 30-60 days to recieve an approval, and i received mine in 141 days! what an annoyance...i just filed at an unlucky time i guess *shrugs*

that being said, i did overestimate when considering how long the whole process would take, and from the get go i imagined that our interview would be in january / february...at this point, even with the delay, we are still looking at that same general area

its definitely is a test, and im sort of glad that we are forced to work together on these things...i learned a lot about my SO and how he deals with such matters very differently than i do...we also learned a lot about eachother just by talking so damn much!! i havent seen him in over 6 months!!!!!!!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhh :dead:

that is the worst part, just being seperated...it would be much easier to get things done if we were together

the process isnt over though, so i guess i still have more to learn :blush:

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

I have learnt how to appreciate time to myself as well as time with the people I love.

i agree with this, i definitely appreciate time alone much more because i know that i wont have any time alone soon!!!

the same thing with my friends, i try to enjoy every moment with them, because i know the dynamic will change when adriano comes here (he doesnt speak english, and it will take time for him to really mesh with them)

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.