Matt y Fernanda

HELP! Should I be concerned if my wife's documents have not been touched in 2 months?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I filed the I-130 for my wife back in June and then the I-129F in late June. The I-130 has not been touched since June 19th and the I-129F has not been touched since August 1st. I'm concerned because I am supposed to go home on R&R in January. I want to travel to Colombia and fly back home with her, because she has not yet met my family. Does anyone think that she could realistically get her visa by the end of January?

Has anyone else filing in June received an NOA2 or had their paperwork touched recently? I thought she would have it no later than November or December. Now I am getting nervous. I have not seen my wife since May, and I want to spend what little time I have with in January having fun, relaxing, and introducing her to my family.

Also has anyone called the Military line at USCIS and received any helpful information or even talked to an actual person there? Can the process be sped up in any way?

I know I have a lot of questions, but like I said I'm getting a little nervous and crunched for time. :wacko:

Thanks for any help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I filed an I-130 for my husband June 6, 2007 and the last date it was even touched was june 27th :( so I am hoping to hear something this month, but not holding my breath.

Best of Luck to you and wife!!

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Don't be concerned about no touches. Some petitions only receive one or 2 touches close to the approval date. It's not too unusual. People that have a lot of touches have "generally" caused them themselves by things they've asked or the "RFE trick". For example I have multiple touches on my files due to an address correction and a copy-NOA1 being sent out.

I can't speak for the military side of things, but for a civilian petition January won't happen unless some serious reforms get CSC working the way it was intended to :( Bare in mind that CSC are still processing early April petititions so that adds another potential 2 months to be approved. Taking you to early December. Then you have your couple of weeks at the NVC and then however long it takes at the embassy in Columbia to get the K3 interview.

I filed my I130 in mid April and I129F in late May, I think I'll be lucky to receive a February visa at this rate :(

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Timeline

Hola Matt & Fernanda,

Your timeline and ours are nearly identical. And, I must agree with "C and J" who said that your NOA-2 date is likely to be mid-December. Yenys & Brian received their NOA-2 almost exactly 5 months from their NOA-1...a good thing for them!! But, their NOA-1 date was 4/9/07. But, our dates are 6/14-15/07. Also, remember that the fee increase in July caused a "flood of petitions" to be sent in to CSC...causing a backlog and decrease in the processing times. IF (VERY BIG IF) we were to get lucky and have our petitions approved in 5 months, it would be mid-November for us. But, do not look for that to happen!!

Once approved, our papers are sent to the NVC. I really do not know what is done to them at the NVC. Maybe another poster will answer this question? I was under the impression that they spent a very short time (one week) at NVC and then sent to the embassy in Bogota, Colombia. There, they are processed and "Package 3" is mailed to our wives. How quickly the interview appointment is scheduled is pretty much in the hands of our wives and how quickly they get the paperwork filled out correctly, FAXed and couriered back to Bogota. I am visiting my wife in a few weeks and we will have her papers filled out and ready to send back as soon it arrives.

So...with the above said...I wish both of you the best of luck and I will be checking your timeline and postings to see if anything has transpired on your file. I invite you to do the same with us! Believe me, I am getting anxious too. This waiting around while it seems nothing is happening is driving me crazy!!!! Hahahahaha :wacko:

Regards,

Craig :thumbs:

Once approved, our papers are sent to the NVC. I really do not know what is done to them at the NVC. Maybe another poster will answer this question? I was under the impression that they spent a very short time (one week) at NVC and then sent to the embassy in Bogota, Colombia.

That is my assumption as well, Craig, from what I have read on this site. However, there seems to be some bad news at this stage too (again caused by USCIS). There was a post in this forum about March filers waiting for their paperwork to get to the NVC. It seemed many of them were waiting over 3 weeks from receiving their NOA2 to NVC receiving and entering the paperwork. I hope it is not a general trend but I am preparing myself for delays here also (I gave myself an estimate of 1 month for this stage when I started hoping for my February visa).

This is the thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84107

Cheryl

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Timeline

Three weeks....Well, it looks like we are in the same boat....let's start rowing!!!!

Craig

That is my assumption as well, Craig, from what I have read on this site. However, there seems to be some bad news at this stage too (again caused by USCIS). There was a post in this forum about March filers waiting for their paperwork to get to the NVC. It seemed many of them were waiting over 3 weeks from receiving their NOA2 to NVC receiving and entering the paperwork. I hope it is not a general trend but I am preparing myself for delays here also (I gave myself an estimate of 1 month for this stage when I started hoping for my February visa).

This is the thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84107

Cheryl

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I filed the I-130 for my wife back in June and then the I-129F in late June. The I-130 has not been touched since June 19th and the I-129F has not been touched since August 1st. I'm concerned because I am supposed to go home on R&R in January. I want to travel to Colombia and fly back home with her, because she has not yet met my family. Does anyone think that she could realistically get her visa by the end of January?

Has anyone else filing in June received an NOA2 or had their paperwork touched recently? I thought she would have it no later than November or December. Now I am getting nervous. I have not seen my wife since May, and I want to spend what little time I have with in January having fun, relaxing, and introducing her to my family.

Also has anyone called the Military line at USCIS and received any helpful information or even talked to an actual person there? Can the process be sped up in any way?

I know I have a lot of questions, but like I said I'm getting a little nervous and crunched for time. :wacko:

Thanks for any help.

Ur a bundle of nerves right?..Even us (old folks) in this mess feel the same way,

we just find our own way to try and deal with it..One thing we know is unless ur

GW Bush theres not much can do but find ur way to deal with the time it takes.

The best way for me to deal with this s#$%^t is to see it as a very small amount

of time considering how long it took to find this treasure, gods gift if u will..

Someone many humans never find..In this we do whatever it takes, no matter

what the cost or the time it takes..We didn't find our soul mate next door so since

our individual wants and needs don't matter to whatever .gov we have to answer

to our life in this is ruled by them, not much other choice we can do but find our

own way to deal with this.........Not that it matters but with my wife 8,000 miles

away told me one night on yahoo..I am scared man, sometimes I dream and

even awake think I will grow old and die alone without you..........................

Don't let these thoughts way on ur or her mind..Always be positive for you

and her..Chill out man.....You two have many out here exactly like you

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My I129 hasn't been touched since july.

May 31 2007 I-130 - NOA1, pending at California Service Center

October 31 2007 APPROVED

June 13 2007 I-129 - NOA1, pending at California Service Center

October 31 2007 APPROVED

655376001193815188.gif

I was one of the March filers, right when the USCIS slowed to a crawl. My I-130 was touched only once on 3/23 and there it sat on the shelf for 180 days .I finally wound up calling them 2 days after I got back from the Philippines and being with my wife, they were approved the next day. It's now been 3 weeks today since the approvals , many of the March filers have been taking 4 to 5 weeks for the petitions to make it to the NVC. I wouldn't be concerned yet, a touch can be either good or bad.

I-130 Process

3-20-07 NOA 1

3-23-07 Touched

9-12-07 Touched ( because of phone call )

9-13-07 APPROVED

9-19-07 NOA 2

I-129f Process

4-06-07 NOA 1

4-09-07 Touched

4-17-07 Transferred to CSC

4-18-07 Touched

4-19-07 Touched

4-23-07 Hard copy transfer NOA

5-07-07 Pending at CSC

9-12-07 Touched ( because of phone call )

9-13-07 Touched

9-14-07 APPROVED

9-19-07 NOA 2

10-22-07 NVC received

10-24-07 NVC left

10-31-07 Consulate received

11-28-07 Medical

12-04-07 Interview

12-06-07 Visa pickup

Timeline

Thank you to everyone for their input and support. I really appreciate it all. I just can not believe how difficult it is to bring your spouse to this country, but tourist or student visas can take so little time. Those are the ones the government should take a long look at, not the people who want to come to this country and make it their new home.

I will try to calm my nerves. :blink:

Again, thank you to everyone for their help.

Hola Matt & Fernanda,

Your timeline and ours are nearly identical. And, I must agree with "C and J" who said that your NOA-2 date is likely to be mid-December. Yenys & Brian received their NOA-2 almost exactly 5 months from their NOA-1...a good thing for them!! But, their NOA-1 date was 4/9/07. But, our dates are 6/14-15/07. Also, remember that the fee increase in July caused a "flood of petitions" to be sent in to CSC...causing a backlog and decrease in the processing times. IF (VERY BIG IF) we were to get lucky and have our petitions approved in 5 months, it would be mid-November for us. But, do not look for that to happen!!

Once approved, our papers are sent to the NVC. I really do not know what is done to them at the NVC. Maybe another poster will answer this question? I was under the impression that they spent a very short time (one week) at NVC and then sent to the embassy in Bogota, Colombia. There, they are processed and "Package 3" is mailed to our wives. How quickly the interview appointment is scheduled is pretty much in the hands of our wives and how quickly they get the paperwork filled out correctly, FAXed and couriered back to Bogota. I am visiting my wife in a few weeks and we will have her papers filled out and ready to send back as soon it arrives.

So...with the above said...I wish both of you the best of luck and I will be checking your timeline and postings to see if anything has transpired on your file. I invite you to do the same with us! Believe me, I am getting anxious too. This waiting around while it seems nothing is happening is driving me crazy!!!! Hahahahaha :wacko:

Regards,

Craig :thumbs:

Thank you. I definately will follow your progress as well. It will be nice to know if someone who filed roughly the same time as myself has gotten any feedback.

hi, i am conserned about no touches in my Removal of Conditions case too, even if there's active work on my case - like fingerprints and RFE

but i think it's due to their recent notice

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

My PAST Timelines:

10/2004 - Conditional GC

08/2006 - 10/2007 - Lifting Conditions timeline

10/2007 - 6/26/2009 Citizenship, Los Angeles DO timeline

auBam7.png

CSC i-130 for my Mom

06/30/09 - delivered

07/06/09 - NOA date (rec'd - 07/10) #WAC 09xxx3, touched.

07/08/09 - check cashed, #WAC 09xxx2 (not online)

08/29/09 - APPROVED!!!

NVC

09/14/09 - NVC case # assigned, emails registered

09/17/09 - email AOS bill received and paid online, ds3032 received and returned

09/21/09 - AOS bill status "PAID", FedExed out AOS, 09/24/09 delivered to NVC

09/28/09 - AVR:AOS acknowledged

10/02/09 - 3032 was acknol. by NVC, paid IV Bill online

10/05/09 - emails: 1 pm -RFE for 3032, 3 pm - IV bill, 5 pm - status PAID

10/09/09 - ds230 delivered to NVC at 9am

10/14/09 - AVR: Checklist response was received

10/20/09 - login failed! - between 5 pm and 9 pm PST, at 5 pm it was still working

10/21/09 - case complete! (AVR updated after 10 pm) = total NVC 37 days

10/28/09 - interview date email came at 6.30 pm, no AVR changes yet

10/30/09 - AVR: "Case sent to embassy on Oct 29" = total 4 months from delivery of i130 to USCIS

11/02/09 - Medical

11/20/09 - Interview - PASSED!!!

11/28 - POE: LAX

Thanks for any help.

Hello Matt,

Do not worry, a lot of us are in the same boat; My timeline is similar to yours. I do understand your frustration, and it hurts to be away from your loved one. My I-130 was last touched on July 11 and and my I-129 was last touched Aug. 22....

So do not worry, all we got to do is be patient and have faith that things will speed up at CSC.

The best of luck to everyone!!

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.