Meg and Grae

How You Met Your Fiance

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I'm typing up the one-pager concerning how my fiance and I have met within the past two years. I'm providing the details of our original meeting plus the dates and descriptions of his past three trips to the US to visit me. Any advice? How much information should I include? Anything that is crucial and absolutely neccessary in this letter?

Your responses are much appreciated!!

Thanks, Meg

unitedkingdom-.gif

newzealand-.gifunitedstates-.gif

10/11/2005 We met!

K-1

10/27/2007 Sent I-129F to VSC

05/09/2008 Interview. Approved.

06/23/2008 Point of Entry

07/02/2008 JP Wedding Date

AOS Paperwork

08/21/2008 Mailed AOS Paperwork

08/27/2008 Check Cashed/Case Opened

10/11/2008 Church Wedding

03/05/2009 Greencard Arrived!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone!

I'm typing up the one-pager concerning how my fiance and I have met within the past two years. I'm providing the details of our original meeting plus the dates and descriptions of his past three trips to the US to visit me. Any advice? How much information should I include? Anything that is crucial and absolutely neccessary in this letter?

Thanks, Meg

Looks like you have it covered. You could also just write something like, "Fiance visited me in the US on the following three dates. ....... Please see evidence enclosed. To each their own.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Hi everyone!

Thanks, Meg

Looks like you have it covered. You could also just write something like, "Fiance visited me in the US on the following three dates. ....... Please see evidence enclosed. To each their own.

Thank you!

unitedkingdom-.gif

10/11/2005 We met!

K-1

AOS Paperwork

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sounds fine, but you don't need to write a biography, just the pertinent facts.

If it wont fit on the lines on the I-129F, put a notation on the lines "SEE Attachment" and on the attachment put "I-129F Line X.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

If it wont fit on the lines on the I-129F, put a notation on the lines "SEE Attachment" and on the attachment put "I-129F Line X.

I think perhaps I'm writing too much. Should I just include dates, location, etc.

We met in Moscow, Russia as I was studying abroad so I've included why we were both in Russia. Is this neccessary? Or am I being overly cautious?

unitedkingdom-.gif

10/11/2005 We met!

K-1

AOS Paperwork

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I think perhaps I'm writing too much. Should I just include dates, location, etc.

We met in Moscow, Russia as I was studying abroad so I've included why we were both in Russia. Is this neccessary? Or am I being overly cautious?

Excelent idea, for most it will fit on the lines provided.

Example: We met online through an online chat site Aug 05, started emailing Oct 05, Started chatting and talking on phone Dec 05, decided to meet Mar 06, Met July 06. Visited Month, Month, ... See enclosed evidence.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I am a firm believer that more is better so the more detail you can provide the better :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I am a firm believer that more is better so the more detail you can provide the better :thumbs:

Could be. It's one of those "practice makes perfect" kind of arguments. Actually, practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect. You had good experience with "more". Others have been tripped up while trying to provide "more".

Every detail provided is an opportunity for scrutiny. If you provide a lot of detailed information and all of it is completely accurate and supported by included evidence, more is definitely more. If any detail provided doesn't stand up to scrutiny, more is not only less, it's trouble. Whether more actually helps is another question entirely.

On the other hand, if there are definite red flags, I'm for explaining them up front with USCIS instead of waiting for the foreigner to be questioned about them at interview.

In short, more is needed only when more is needed.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Could be. It's one of those "practice makes perfect" kind of arguments. Actually, practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect. You had good experience with "more". Others have been tripped up while trying to provide "more".

Every detail provided is an opportunity for scrutiny. If you provide a lot of detailed information and all of it is completely accurate and supported by included evidence, more is definitely more. If any detail provided doesn't stand up to scrutiny, more is not only less, it's trouble. Whether more actually helps is another question entirely.

On the other hand, if there are definite red flags, I'm for explaining them up front with USCIS instead of waiting for the foreigner to be questioned about them at interview.

In short, more is needed only when more is needed.

I felt that an explanation as to why we were both in Russia would, as you say, explain the situation up front. It's not a typical vacation site like Cancun would be. :) As far as other visits go, I'm hoping that dates of his travel are sufficient. I did write what airport he flew into but he'll have the copies of his e-ticket emails, passport stamps, etc. too.

Thank you for your responses. Every opinion and experience helps!

unitedkingdom-.gif

10/11/2005 We met!

K-1

AOS Paperwork

i wrote a paragraph ..and that was all..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm a firm believer that you should fill in forms with only the essentials. After that in the please include section: fill their shelves with tons of information. In all my dealings with the "gov" I brought 2 or 3 boxes of information. From albums filled with pictures, to over 1000 emails, mags in both names, bank statements, gift I bought her, Every time in all interviews the agents are glad to see me gone. From the word go I've had pictures, stories and details ready to onload on them. I make it clear to everyone that I'm in this and it's real and you'd be an absolute idiot to rule against me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.