me!

My fiance is living out of his country

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

My fiance, who is Polish, is currently living and working in Scotland. When I fill out his paperwork, should I put down his address in Scotland or maybe his parents address in Poland? Also, when his interview is scheduled, will it be at the American embassy in Scotland or in Poland?

Thanks for your help,

Caitlin

I-129F sent 11-15-07

I-129F received 11-19-07

NOA1 issued 11-21-07

Check Cashed 11-26-07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Scotland. He will interview for the Visa in the country where he is residing "Scotland"

He will need to get police certs from Scotland, and from Poland.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

When does he need to turn in police certs? With the I-129F package? What are they? How does he get those?

Also, does he need to be a permanent resident in scotland, or is it okay that he's just someone working there for a few months?

Thanks so much for your help,

Caitlin

I-129F sent 11-15-07

I-129F received 11-19-07

NOA1 issued 11-21-07

Check Cashed 11-26-07

My Fiance is living outside of his country and my lawyer said to contact the embassy in the country where he is residing. I emailed the Jamaican consulate (where he is living at the moment) and they replied that they would take our case. I saved the email and I am putting it in my visa application to make sure the interview will be scheduled at the Jamaican consulate.

I guess I would recommend emailing the US embassy in Scotland. :)

*****K-1 Timeline*****

12.14.07 I-129F sent to VSC via FedEx

12.17.07 Delivered to VSC at 11:40 AM signed by A. STANLEY

12.18.07 NOA1 date

12.20.07 Check Cashed!!

12.21.07 Touched

12.26.07 NOA1 hard copy received

02.17.08 NOA2 via email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02.19.08 Touched

02.20.08 Touched

02.21.08 Touched yet again

03.10.08 Case received in Kingston

03.11.08 DS-130 Part 1 turned in

03.17.08 Appointment to pick up Packet 4

03.18.08 Medical Exam

04.01.08 Interview!!!!!-APPROVED APPROVED!

04.22.08 Visa picked up from Airpack Ocho Rios

05.02.08 Go to Jamaica to pick up my love

05.05.08 Arrival to the US (via JFK)

06.07.08 Miami Wedding!

*****AOS TIMELINE*****

06.18.08 Sent packet to Chicago via FedEx

06.20.08 Delivered to Chicago at 12:28PM signed by J. CHYBA

06.24.08 NOA1 Date for EAD, AP and AOS

06.26.08 NOA1 for AOS received in mail

06.27.08 Touched

07.05.08 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

07.24.08 Biometrics Appointment

07.28.08 Request for Initial Evidence

08.01.08 National Benefits Center received Evidence and Case resumed Processing

08.19.08 AOS case transferred to CSC

08.22.08 AP arrived in mail-APPROVED

08.25.08 EAD card arrives in mail (no updates or anything about AP or EAD)

When does he need to turn in police certs? With the I-129F package? What are they? How does he get those?

Also, does he need to be a permanent resident in scotland, or is it okay that he's just someone working there for a few months?

Caitlin

I think it also depends how long he expects to be in Scotland before you put that as his address on the forms. If he say plans to return to Poland in 2-3 months, put down his Poland address because he'll have his interview at home. But if he expects to be in Scotland a while longer (up to 6 months) then go that route.

You don't need the Police certificate yet. You'll get instructions for that part later, when the I-129F gets approved.

12140.gif

Caitlin

He needs to take them to the interview. My wife (fiancee then) had to have her German clearance translated to English.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Caitlin

PC's are needed at the consulate interview stage not the initial petition.

How temporary is temporary? The question is where will this person be 6-9 mos. from now? Still in Scotland?

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Caitlin

Wait a few months, when you get NOA2 for the I-129F is when he should start gathering police certs, scotland should be fairly easy, Poland being out of country may take a bit longer to get.

Police certs are needed for the interview in Scotland.

If the Applicant is in a Third Country (Scotland)

Application should be sent to the Polish Embassy in that country, or may be mailed directly to the Ministry of Justice address listed above.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3652.html

Many consulates need to see residency in their district for interview.

If has been resident in Scotland less than 12 months before the interview, then a police cert from Scotland should not be needed.

Useful info for UK:

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/ds2001.html

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/index.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Wait a few months, when you get NOA2 for the I-129F is when he should start gathering police certs, scotland should be fairly easy, Poland being out of country may take a bit longer to get.

Police certificates do not take a long time to get from Poland, max 30days is their policy.

12140.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.