~~~water~~~

What is your personal feeling why AP is taking so long in many cases?

121 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I'm sorry but these statements are ridiculous. I dont' even know where to start. So we should just let everyone into the US without scrutinizing over the details because in the end if he comes here and leaves his wife or does something illegal it's the woman's burden? Umm no.

You are too caught up in the 'national security' 'threat'. These fraud accusations have NOTHING to do with national security. They are not accusing them of being a terrorist, of having terrorist intentions, of being a member of a terrorist organization, they are being accused WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE of marrying for immigration purposes.

No one said not to scrutinize or not to review the case. I am sure, if this hasn't happened to you, you must think it is all the couples' doing, they said something wrong, they had shifty eyes, they looked suspicious.

As to Egypt and why they take so long, and wide divergence in one case to another. It is most likely a confluence of factors, the Egyptian embassy processes A LOT of visa request, I am sure they are under staffed for the job, they have habitually not had a immigrant visa chief/supervisor for long periods of time and have had heavy turnover, some CO's work faster than others, some CO's have preconceived notions that cause them to delay or deny cases that others would readily approve, inconsistency from one person's view of their job to another without proper supervision and I am sure there are many other factors too.

Support Family Unity- www.americanfamiliesunited.org. Become a member today!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

:pop: Did I hear my name? Baby, I got skills you never seen ;)

There is no way of knowing that you are being used for a greencard, til the day he slips off the ring and walks out the door. Was I suprised? Hell ya, all kinds of suprised. Was my 4 year-old granddaughter suprised? Oh yea, she misses Mohammed every damn day. Mohammed should win an Oscar for his stellar performance and also every one of his family, that embraced me for 5 years, only to NEVER call after he left, not one word from them. Mission accomplished, they can all come over now to America, job well done Mohammed.

Looking back, I wish his AP was 14 years instead of 14 days.

Jackie (F)

Hi Sarah!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Exactly there are many consulates with high fraud rates that do not operate like this

You think people from bulgaria or chezc republic aren't commiting fraud....... its basicallyethnic proofiling not fraud profiling

Absolutely.

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Exactly there are many consulates with high fraud rates that do not operate like this

You think people from bulgaria or chezc republic aren't commiting fraud....... its basicallyethnic proofiling not fraud profiling

Absolutely.

Ethnic profiling ? There are lots of other consulates around the world that are considered "high fraud" -- including Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Nigeria, the Philippines, Russia and more. So which ethnicity is being profiled ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Yeah.....and how on earth are you supposed to "prove" your relationship when they don't even give you the chance to show them any proof......in fact.....they put up big posters around the embassy telling people NOT to provide any evidence to the CO unless asked.........and of course....they never ask.

And honestly.....I don't think it's just the age differences and whether either the beneficiary or petitioner has had previous marriages or children or whether they met online or if they didn't have a formal wedding party or if they feel that cultural differences will make the marriage difficult or or or......

Our case doesn't have any of these so called red flags and we're still waiting and waiting and waiting.....and it REALLY sucks.

And I too would like to think that the embassy is just "doing their job" but I find that VERY difficult to believe when they........on a continuous basis mind you..........can email people information regarding other people's cases, send passports to wrong addresses, lose original documents and ask for them again, send packet 4 letters to beneficiaries after the interview date if ever at all.

Well the way that I have been explained as that US based processing is really just a clearing house - processing the applications, if there is a security flag that comes up than Bam your out of the pile. The real weight of the argument is in the CO/consulate's hands to prove the relationship and decide whether or not to issue the visa. How many cases have we had where the cases were denied while in the US - I can't think of one. So really I doubt that anyone even assesses the relationship at the USCIS level, the DOS checks security if that's ok then the consulates are in charge of verifying validity. I can think of cases where people have filed K1's gone back gotten married done k3's and been approved - enough proof. Or done K1 or K3 and then moved to their SO's country thus again proving the relationship.

But how is it that they decide to prove any relationship? That's the part that makes no sense. I know you're not supposed to compare but I know of two other cases almost exactly the same as mine and one got the visa within two months and the other within five months of the interview. Ok so I'm not exactly out of the second one's timeframe but still those two cases in and of themselves show there is a big gap.

And not for nothing and I know I'll get slammed for saying this but if the dude/dudette is not a threat to national security and if the couple is happy, how is it the US Government's duty to decide if the guy is using the girl? Dayum I wish they had done that with my US Citizen ex 'cause then he wouldn't have gotten away with what he did!!! I mean seriously, at some point isn't this good ole fashioned meddling into people's affairs?

If my husband is not a threat to national security, yet he's duping me for all I'm worth, isn't that my problem, since I'm the one signing the form stating that I'm financially responsible for him for the next two years? How is that the US Gov'ts problem?

And as for checking if he's already married, that is done at the courthouse in Cairo where you get married,...and of course he can have three other wives so it's more like they look to see if he has more than four. (he doesn't ...i'm just sayin' ;) )

I-130

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It becomes the government's business because they are the ones who will be issuing an immigrant visa, with all the rights and privileges that come with it. A fraudulent marriage with a foreigner wouldn't be just *your* problem -- it becomes all of our problem, because the fraudster can use that permanent resident status obtained through fraud to become a citizen, vote in our elections, even file to obtain visas for others. This affects us all.

You mean that if the government approves a guy who marries me for the green card, I can hold the government accountable for letting him? So all the women who have been used should sue the government for not protecting them against fraud.

Timeline

I think it's a mix between religious & ethnic profiling......I know that their are many Chrisitan couples who are still in the AP he$$ hole but I definitely think that if you are Christian you'll have an easier AP out of Cairo (if any at all), unless there are other "red flags" present.

Absolutely.

Ethnic profiling ? There are lots of other consulates around the world that are considered "high fraud" -- including Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Nigeria, the Philippines, Russia and more. So which ethnicity is being profiled ?

I-130

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
And I too would like to think that the embassy is just "doing their job" but I find that VERY difficult to believe when they........on a continuous basis mind you..........can email people information regarding other people's cases, send passports to wrong addresses, lose original documents and ask for them again, send packet 4 letters to beneficiaries after the interview date if ever at all.

which brings it back around to just being a bunch of bureacratic clusterfu**s, not racial profiling or singling some couples out or anything else. I dont understand why thats so hard for anyone to believe, it happens at every level of our government everyday. Our case had a HUGE problem at the EAD/AOS phase that was largely due to what I would classify as ineptitude on the part of the USCIS, all my calls were met with contradictory and often nonsensical answers and it was frustrating as hell. My husband couldnt work for almost a year and it was incredibly difficult for us both. So yes, this kind of ####### can happen at any stage of the process..

and anyway, Havent all of us dealt with the DMV at some point? do you think its different because they are in a building overseas??

Edited by sara535

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Not to mention leaving applicants in the waiting room for over four hours before bothering to tell them that the person interviewing them never bothered to show up for work that day!!!!!

Yeah.....and how on earth are you supposed to "prove" your relationship when they don't even give you the chance to show them any proof......in fact.....they put up big posters around the embassy telling people NOT to provide any evidence to the CO unless asked.........and of course....they never ask.

And honestly.....I don't think it's just the age differences and whether either the beneficiary or petitioner has had previous marriages or children or whether they met online or if they didn't have a formal wedding party or if they feel that cultural differences will make the marriage difficult or or or......

Our case doesn't have any of these so called red flags and we're still waiting and waiting and waiting.....and it REALLY sucks.

Well the way that I have been explained as that US based processing is really just a clearing house - processing the applications, if there is a security flag that comes up than Bam your out of the pile. The real weight of the argument is in the CO/consulate's hands to prove the relationship and decide whether or not to issue the visa. How many cases have we had where the cases were denied while in the US - I can't think of one. So really I doubt that anyone even assesses the relationship at the USCIS level, the DOS checks security if that's ok then the consulates are in charge of verifying validity. I can think of cases where people have filed K1's gone back gotten married done k3's and been approved - enough proof. Or done K1 or K3 and then moved to their SO's country thus again proving the relationship.

But how is it that they decide to prove any relationship? That's the part that makes no sense. I know you're not supposed to compare but I know of two other cases almost exactly the same as mine and one got the visa within two months and the other within five months of the interview. Ok so I'm not exactly out of the second one's timeframe but still those two cases in and of themselves show there is a big gap.

And not for nothing and I know I'll get slammed for saying this but if the dude/dudette is not a threat to national security and if the couple is happy, how is it the US Government's duty to decide if the guy is using the girl? Dayum I wish they had done that with my US Citizen ex 'cause then he wouldn't have gotten away with what he did!!! I mean seriously, at some point isn't this good ole fashioned meddling into people's affairs?

If my husband is not a threat to national security, yet he's duping me for all I'm worth, isn't that my problem, since I'm the one signing the form stating that I'm financially responsible for him for the next two years? How is that the US Gov'ts problem?

And as for checking if he's already married, that is done at the courthouse in Cairo where you get married,...and of course he can have three other wives so it's more like they look to see if he has more than four. (he doesn't ...i'm just sayin' ;) )

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
It becomes the government's business because they are the ones who will be issuing an immigrant visa, with all the rights and privileges that come with it. A fraudulent marriage with a foreigner wouldn't be just *your* problem -- it becomes all of our problem, because the fraudster can use that permanent resident status obtained through fraud to become a citizen, vote in our elections, even file to obtain visas for others. This affects us all.

You mean that if the government approves a guy who marries me for the green card, I can hold the government accountable for letting him? So all the women who have been used should sue the government for not protecting them against fraud.

Haha good luck with that.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

But if you are saying the government's job is to make sure fraudulent marriages from foreigners do not occur then most definitely we should be able to sue the government if our husband's don't have the best of intentions, right?

As a matter of fact I might sue the US government for letting my first marriage to occur. I mean why didn't they detect that he is a con artist?

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

Yes.....that's true.....and it would make sense if everyone's case was subjected to the bureacratic garbage.......but unfortunately, I don't think that's the case.

which brings it back around to just being a bunch of bureacratic clusterfu**s, not racial profiling or singling some couples out or anything else. I dont understand why thats so hard for anyone to believe, it happens at every level of our government everyday. Our case had a HUGE problem at the EAD/AOS phase that was largely due to what I would classify as ineptitude on the part of the USCIS, all my calls were met with contradictory and often nonsensical answers and it was frustrating as hell. My husband couldnt work for almost a year and it was incredibly difficult for us both. So yes, this kind of ####### can happen at any stage of the process..

and anyway, Havent all of us dealt with the DMV at some point? do you think its different because they are in a building overseas??

I-130

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

Timeline

But if you are saying the government's job is to make sure fraudulent marriages from foreigners do not occur then most definitely we should be able to sue the government if our husband's don't have the best of intentions, right?

As a matter of fact I might sue the US government for letting my first marriage to occur. I mean why didn't they detect that he is a con artist?

Think of it this way:

The government (on the state level) issues drivers licenses, after assuring itself that people actually know how to drive, have the required knowledge of traffic laws, and meet the vision requirements. Now if one of these people runs into your car while speeding, can you sue the government for not protecting you from incompetent drivers ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

There is no way of knowing that you are being used for a greencard, til the day he slips off the ring and walks out the door. Was I suprised? Hell ya, all kinds of suprised. Was my 4 year-old granddaughter suprised? Oh yea, she misses Mohammed every damn day. Mohammed should win an Oscar for his stellar performance and also every one of his family, that embraced me for 5 years, only to NEVER call after he left, not one word from them. Mission accomplished, they can all come over now to America, job well done Mohammed.

Looking back, I wish his AP was 14 years instead of 14 days.

Jackie (F)

Hi Sarah!

Do you honestly think that they could have figure out that he had this in mind? Seriously I can see how they could weed out the OBVIOUS fraudsters such as those very well known in Sharm , etc. but how can they know what is inside a man's mind? maybe Cairo has this super secret agent who has ESP but he only works once/month and they wait for him to come in and read the minds of the men who the interviewer did NOT single out because they had a particular hair up their azz that day. :wacko:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:devil::devil::devil::dance::dance::whistle::innocent:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.