Rodgiegirl

Why do I get depressed while visiting VJ?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zambia
Timeline

Okay, so just a thought. I used to come online all the time and see what was happening here on VJ, updates...questions, you know new posts, but I stopped because I realized almost everytime I start to read I get so depressed. People talking about denials, fiance's using them for status, and so on. I know we are all here to go through this journey and we should support each other. I know that the journey has ups and downs, but why am I depressed when I leave here??? Is there any one else that feels the same? I think we should try to stay away from all the negativity and be positive. I'm not trying to be critical or negative by saying this. I just want us to stop complaining and try to see the good in all of this. (trust me I'm preaching to myself).

So fellow VJer's let rally up our spirits with positive things and lets think about all the great things we have to be thankful for and not about how long this process is taking.Any one wanna join me? :D:thumbs:

Interview: 2008-02-21

Visa in hand: 2008-02-26

POE (NYC):2008-03-11

Wedding: 2008-04-11

AOS Interview Appointment 2008-12-08

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Remember some posters may be trolls, so don't believe everything you read :)

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Timeline

Yeah that's probably true, thanks! But still.......those who aren't lets be encouraging ya know? :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
No thanks. The only thing we should be joining up to do is contacting our elected officials to voice how dissatisfied we are with the service to get our loved ones with us. I see some reinforcement and a lot of technical advice given on VJs to people for each step along the way from filing to naturalization. It definately serves us all well in that regard. Actually there is a wealth of knowledge on the site in regards to all types of issues. We need to keep it real and not candycoat the ####### service. I certainly am not waiting until USCIS hits their excessive processing goal to start. Heck they could change it and make it longer too...unite not in just morale support...unite to make a difference and get some decent service from the USCIS.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

yea I agree with you, I could be having a good day and when I check VJ i get so down..........I'll probalby be on prozac before year's end :blink: .......but then again I wan to avoid weight gain at all costs :rolleyes: , so I'll have to go with non-pharmacologic therapy Lol! anyways I'm always trying to see the bright side of things........Who knows maybe my NOA-2 will be my Christmas present ;)

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

Timeline
yea I agree with you, I could be having a good day and when I check VJ i get so down..........I'll probalby be on prozac before year's end :blink: .......but then again I wan to avoid weight gain at all costs :rolleyes: , so I'll have to go with non-pharmacologic therapy Lol! anyways I'm always trying to see the bright side of things........Who knows maybe my NOA-2 will be my Christmas present ;)

YES! Thank you! I know I get so sad sometimes missing my man, but really we'll be together soon. Although it may feel like it at times it's not the end of the world. And I'd rather not listen to complaining or complain all the time about it. Of course I've had my moments........when I feel like I wanna ring someones neck, but I need to keep the right focus, or else I'll be on Prozac too, and maybe a few others as well! We'll be happy together, if you hear me gripe just remind me!! :thumbs: cool?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

YES! Thank you! I know I get so sad sometimes missing my man, but really we'll be together soon. Although it may feel like it at times it's not the end of the world. And I'd rather not listen to complaining or complain all the time about it. Of course I've had my moments........when I feel like I wanna ring someones neck, but I need to keep the right focus, or else I'll be on Prozac too, and maybe a few others as well! We'll be happy together, if you hear me gripe just remind me!! :thumbs: cool?

No problem, we need all the support we can get........at least I'm in school and that helps me take my mind off of "not being with ricardo right now" ..........that's probably what's helping time pass by a little quicker for me.....but i got your back B)

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

Filed: Timeline

Encouraging is good, and definitely welcome. However, there are many, many purposes that these forums serve, and encouragement is just one of them. Some people need a place to vent, especially those people who have been more than patient. Some people are in tough, tough circumstances and need advice that may be less than encouraging. Some people need to get their stories out there, in the hopes that it will help others. Some people are confused by the whole process and need information. And some people just need to know that there are others out there whose hearts are on the verge of breaking because they miss their loved ones so much.

I don't say this to be a wet blanket. Every time I see an "approved!!" post, I get a little emotional myself. I see it as a little victory when a forum member is able to help another forum member, even if it's just to point them to a guide or to commiserate with them. And while I do agree that there are people here who are just uncontrollable whiners, realistically that's just the nature of the internet and once it's obvious that they're never going to be happy you just need to put them on ignore and move on.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Okay, so just a thought. I used to come online all the time and see what was happening here on VJ, updates...questions, you know new posts, but I stopped because I realized almost everytime I start to read I get so depressed. People talking about denials, fiance's using them for status, and so on. I know we are all here to go through this journey and we should support each other. I know that the journey has ups and downs, but why am I depressed when I leave here??? Is there any one else that feels the same? I think we should try to stay away from all the negativity and be positive. I'm not trying to be critical or negative by saying this. I just want us to stop complaining and try to see the good in all of this. (trust me I'm preaching to myself).

So fellow VJer's let rally up our spirits with positive things and lets think about all the great things we have to be thankful for and not about how long this process is taking.Any one wanna join me? :D:thumbs:

I think it gets boring seeing the same questions being asked, over and over again and all the negativity , we are not buying a" drive through visa" folks need to read the guides understand the process and timelines then we can move on to some decent debate and support

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Timeline
I think it gets boring seeing the same questions being asked, over and over again and all the negativity , we are not buying a" drive through visa" folks need to read the guides understand the process and timelines then we can move on to some decent debate and support

:no:

remember the purpose of this forum is to help each other. So what if new members ask the same questions a thousand times? I remember how confused I was the first night I stayed up reading USCIS, travelstate, and visajourney. Sure you had an obvious questions at the beginning, or at least can understand why people starting on the process would have such questions. Remember that feeling before you judge others ;)

And as for positivity...look around the forum. Look up the threads of VJ families being reunited, posting pictures of ther weddings, talking about trying to conceive, posting pictures of their new borns. I know it all looks dark now, the time between NOA1 and NOA2 is the hardest, most frustating part of the process. but it will be over in due time and you'll be thinking "I'll be leaving for the airport in a week! I'll be hugging my fiance(e) in 8 days! "

Like I am at this very moment :dance:

Saludos,

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

:no:

remember the purpose of this forum is to help each other. So what if new members ask the same questions a thousand times? I remember how confused I was the first night I stayed up reading USCIS, travelstate, and visajourney. Sure you had an obvious questions at the beginning, or at least can understand why people starting on the process would have such questions. Remember that feeling before you judge others ;)

And as for positivity...look around the forum. Look up the threads of VJ families being reunited, posting pictures of ther weddings, talking about trying to conceive, posting pictures of their new borns. I know it all looks dark now, the time between NOA1 and NOA2 is the hardest, most frustating part of the process. but it will be over in due time and you'll be thinking "I'll be leaving for the airport in a week! I'll be hugging my fiance(e) in 8 days! "

Like I am at this very moment :dance:

Saludos,

Caro

Not really talking about the new folks

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Timeline

Not really talking about the new folks

Still applies, wether it's new or old members that ask the same question over and over again, we are all here to help each other. And share.

:thumbs:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.