IR5FORMUMSIE

A Bad Omen?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got finished talking with Dr. Seiden's office and apparently MTL has told them not to schedule appointments for people who have not received packet IV. It also appears as if MTL is shortening the time between the mailing out of packet IV and the interview date. This does not bode well for those of us who are still waiting. :(

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I just got finished talking with Dr. Seiden's office and apparently MTL has told them not to schedule appointments for people who have not received packet IV. It also appears as if MTL is shortening the time between the mailing out of packet IV and the interview date. This does not bode well for those of us who are still waiting. :(

hmm, interesting development. Perhaps I'm missing something here, but what possible effect does it have on MTL when you have your medical?

2 weeks before, 2 months before, 5 minutes before (ok the 5 mins was just injecting a little drama :) ).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

hmm, interesting development. Perhaps I'm missing something here, but what possible effect does it have on MTL when you have your medical?

2 weeks before, 2 months before, 5 minutes before (ok the 5 mins was just injecting a little drama :) ).

A medical is only good for 6 months

04/16/2007 - I-129F Mailed to TSC

04/24/2007 - Official NOA1 Date

08/10/2007 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/17/2007 - INTERVIEW (PUT IN AP)

02/18/2008 - VISA ARRIVED IN MAIL!!

02/28/2008 - Arrives in the U.S.A!!!

03/15/2008 - Wedding Day!!

04/10/2008 - AOS Package Mailed (almost 1 year to the date later)

04/11/2008 - Received in Chicago

04/17/2008 - Check cashed

04/19/2008 - 3 NOAs received!

05/09/2008 - Biometrics Appt in SATX

05/14/2008 - Case transfered to CSC

06/11/2008 - EAD & AP Approved CRIS email

06/17/2008 - AP received in mail

06/21/2008 - EAD received in mail

01/21/2009 - FINALLY AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't the medical good for one year? As far as I'm aware, it can be transferred to take place of the AOS civil surgeon test if it's within the year.

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Timeline

Isn't the medical good for one year? As far as I'm aware, it can be transferred to take place of the AOS civil surgeon test if it's within the year.

Yes, it's good for a year.

But puzzling, Mumsie. Why would Montreal not want anyone booking a medical until they have their interview date? Have you spoken with anyone at Medisys? Do they say the same thing?

iagree.gif

Timeline

As mentioned, it is a year, however that isn't Montreal's concern - if you get your medical early and don't get an interview for a year, that's your problem - not theirs.

Timeline

YA, i see no reason why mtl would care! Doesn't cost them a cent! All comes out of ur pocket!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

As mentioned, it is a year, however that isn't Montreal's concern - if you get your medical early and don't get an interview for a year, that's your problem - not theirs.

Could it be that they think that they will be so backlogged that the medicals will expire before the interview? The backlog at Juarez is 12 to 14 mos. If enough people have their medicals expire before they get an Interview at MTL their might be a thorough congressional investigation. That's all that comes to mind. Perhaps there is another explanation?

IR5

Timeline
Could it be that they think that they will be so backlogged that the medicals will expire before the interview? The backlog at Juarez is 12 to 14 mos. If enough people have their medicals expire before they get an Interview at MTL their might be a thorough congressional investigation. That's all that comes to mind. Perhaps there is another explanation?

Well that is a horrible thought!! Perhaps not unlikely - but horrible none-the-less.

I'm getting a tad tired with this whole process. First of all if I knew then what I know now - we would have waited a week or two to file until the Adam Walsh fiasco blew over and we could have filed DCF.

We would have filed a K3 and interviewed at Vancouver instead of Montreal (even with the cost - I mean flying to/staying in Montreal - from Calgary - isn't cheap either).

But oh well. It's just a bit frustrating as my Husband is not really enamoured with his work at the moment and if we were staying in Canada he would be looking for a new job and we want to buy some stuff (ok I know it's shallow :) - but we REALLY need a new sofa!) but we don't because we don't want to have to haul it around.

Timeline
Maybe the secretary at Dr Seiden's got it mixed up and meant Packet 3. That would make more sense.

She actually phoned MTL about packet IV but I hope you're right. I haven't spoken to Medisys about it but I've got a bad feeling about this.

IR5

Timeline

Don't know if this is at all helpful/useful to anyone, but my hubby just phoned the Calgary doctor and they told him all they need is the case number - didn't matter if he had a letter from Packet IV or not. They went ahead and scheduled him in. The nurse told him she had seen others who were getting really short notice and barely getting the medical in before the interview so they had no problem doing them early. Also, they confirmed with him that it is good for a year.

Edited by CoMelly

aflag6.gifCanada-03-june.gif

Melissa & Josh

I-130 for CR-1 @CSC

02.01.07 :-: Mailed to NSC.

02.02.07 :-: Received by NSC.

02.08.07 :-: NOA1 from CSC.

04.19.07 :-: NOA2.

I-130 for CR-1 @NVC

05.01.07 :-: NVC assigned case number.

05.21.07 :-: DS3032 and AOS Bill generated.

05.22.07 :-: E-mailed Choice of Agent.

05.24.07 :-: Choice of Agent e-mail accepted.

05.28.07 :-: IV Bill generated.

05.29.07 :-: AOS Bill received/paid.

06.11.07 :-: I-864 generated.

06.14.07 :-: IV Bill received/paid.

06.25.07 :-: DS-230 generated.

06.26.07 :-: I-864 received/sent.

07.14.07 :-: DS-230 received/sent.

07.30.07 :-: Case complete.

10.09.07 :-: Hubby got medical in anticipation of interview.

10.17.07 :-: Email from NVC with interview date!!

10.19.07 :-: Case forwarded to Montreal.

10.22.07 :-: Interview letter received.

12.6.07 :-: INTERVIEW!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just wanted to clarify something....

Maybe Seiden's/Montreal's packet 4 directives are only for CR-1/IR-1/IR-5/etc. since those going through the NVC don't have a packet 3 and just a packet 4.

K1s/K3s do have a packet 3 and can/should be able to schedule a medical when they get it (which is a requirement on the checklist). Packet 4 for K1s and K3s only consist of an interview letter and nothing else.

Edited by misa

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Misa, that is probaly what happened..because I was able to call this afternoon and get an appt for my husband (K-3) booked for Oct, with no problems and the lady that answered the phone was really nice... she just asked if we had the paper with the case #...

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.