kits_24_faith

April and May Filers - NOA2 to NVC

614 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi mike and beth im so frustrated!!! my fiance received approval notice last Oct.16 and till now the NVC didnt receive our petition my fiance called by the way and they said it took 90 days! hello we waited 5 mons to get our approval and now we have to wait another 90 days! thats realy sucks and frustrating!!! what we are going to do are we going to call CSC? I dnt know what to do anymore waiting it really makes me sick!!!!

Gosh mistybaby I know just how you feel right now! I thought the stress of waiting for CSC to send ours to NVC would kill me, it took us just over 6 weeks to get there. It sounds like you talked to the people in the call center, who you need to talk to is the CSC folks directly. They have no phone numbers listed and operators will not put you through to them. BUT, there is a way to get them on the line. I will repost it here since you might have missed it earlier in the thread.

Here is what I have. This was given to me by another member here. Hope this helps some of you, it worked perfectly for me.

Number 1-800-375-5283

your going to get an automated system...press 1,then 2, then 2, 4,2,1, then the case number starting EAC or WAC, then 1, then 1.

Tell them your inquiring about the request for evidence you got...its just a way of tricking them into telling you if the file is being touched..make sure you speak to a live person.

NOTE:--When I did this I didn't have to tell anyone I was calling for an RFE, I just asked my question straight away and the lady was very helpful, she had access to information the call center operators did not. Best of luck guys!

Give that a try and let us know what you find out. That is the method I and others have used to find out if our petitions had actually left CSC or were still in the staging area. Good luck to you, and try not to let all of this stress you out too much. It sucks but you will get through it.

thanks mike and beth I'll tell my fiance about this tip! im so worried about it and my fiance! im followiong this threads it makes feel comfort.... I hope our petition ship off top NVC! I'll give you some update! thanks for the help!

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Called NVC about one hour ago and was told that my petition has been fowarded to the embassy in Thailand. Hope to have an interview appointment by the end of the month or the first week of December.

What is that in front of me? I think I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. It's about time I am beginning to wake up from this nightmare. I know I am not done yet but what a long, strange trip it has been.

Does anyone know how you can find out when your petition gets to the embassy?

Good luck everybody!

Hi afterforever - congrats on having your petition on it's way to the embassy! It seems to take anywhere from 3-8 days for most petitions to reach the embassy. Look online for the embassy's website and there you can find their phone number. I called the embassy in Bucharest two days in a row, and on the second day they told me they received it. I also asked if my fiance could pick up Packet 3 instead of having it mailed, and they were able to do that for us. He went in that same day and picked it up. At this point, anything to speed up this horrible long process!

Good luck to you! Keep us posted! :thumbs:

Thanks Musicgirl. I just found out that the embassy in Thailand will not give out info on the phone. It seems that you must send them an email. I will wait until next week and then send the email. Unfortunately, the embassy will not allow you to walk in for packet 3. You must wait until they send it in the mail. I already have packet 3 done, so once they send me theirs, I will send mine back the same day.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Called NVC about one hour ago and was told that my petition has been fowarded to the embassy in Thailand. Hope to have an interview appointment by the end of the month or the first week of December.

What is that in front of me? I think I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. It's about time I am beginning to wake up from this nightmare. I know I am not done yet but what a long, strange trip it has been.

Good luck everybody!

Congrats afterforever!! :dance::dance::dance:

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

Timeline
Congrats afterforever! Annother step out of the way. Do you know if Thai embassy sends out packet 3+4 combined? I would think that's the only way you would get an interview date quickly. I hope so and good luck! :thumbs:

Thanks Mr2nice. The Thai embassy sends packet 3 first. When you send back the the requested forms, they send packet 4. It appears I should receive packet 3 about 1-2 weeks after the embassy gets my petition. Since I already have packet 3 completed, I will send it back immediately (1-2 days). Packet 4 should come in 1-2 weeks once they receive packet 3. So that is why I am hoping for the end of Nov., or early Dec. to receive our interview date.

If all goes well, the interview date should be sometime in mid January.

Edited by afterforever

afterforever, that would be great given that timeline. For me, realistically I'm looking at probably in Feb or March for the interview date. The only thing that concerns me is the expiration date on the NOA2, which is at the end of January. But I've read that they can extend it. It would be great if they can sneak the interview date for us in Jan too. I'm hoping for the best. :pop:

05/07/2007 : I-129F Sent

05/29/2007 : NOA1

09/28/2007 : NOA2 (144 days from filing date)

11/02/2007 : NVC Received Case (35 days from NOA2)

11/06/2007 : NVC Sent Case to HCM Consulate

11/16/2007 : HCMC Received Case

11/17/2007 : HCMC Sent Packet 3

11/20/2007 : HCMC Received Packet 3

12/10/2007 : HCMC Called Fiancee (Packet 4 Sent + Interview Date)

12/18/2007 : Packet 4 Received

01/02/2008 : Medical Appointment

01/09/2008 : Interview passed!

01/29/2008 : Visa Received

02/02/2008 : POE @ SFO

Favorite Links:

K1 Process Flowchart

Vietnam Visa Seekers

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Called NVC about one hour ago and was told my petition was sent to the Thai Embassy today.

Hoping to have an interview date by the end of the month or first week of December.

Does anyone know how to find out when the petition gets to the embassy?

Wow----I am so happy for you afterforever. I might call CSC today and see if they shipped my petition. I had NOA2 on 11/6, touch on 11/7 and 11/11.

9/5/2004 met

7/4/2006 visited for 1 week in Russia (Independence Day!)

12/26/06 three week visit in the U.S.

4/6/07 He came to US for 6 glorious weeks

5/20/07 He returned to Ufa, RU

5/24/07 Mailed I-129F to NSC!!!!!

5/25/07 Received and signed for by F Heinauer, NSC

6/11/07 NOA1 (NEVER received hard copy)

8/23/07 Ramzis comes to America for another visit

10/02/07 Ramzis returns to Russia

11/06/07 NOA2 at LAST!!!

12/17/07 Received at NVC (at last!)

12/18/07 Sent to Moscow Embassy & New NVC Case Number

12/21/07 Received at 11:08 a.m. Moscow Embassy

1/25/08 Received packet from Embassy

03/07/08 Interview 8:00 a.m. Moscow Embassy! VISA APPROVED!!!

03/13/08 Visa in Hand

03/14/08 Flying to U.S. - Detroit POE

03/15/08 Our Wedding Day!

AOS Timeline

3/21/08 - Packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

3/24/08 - Packet received and signed for

3/28/08 - NOA1 received in the mail - EAD & AOS - check cashed

4/15/08 - Biometrics

5/5/08 - AOS interview notice received in the mail (will be in Detroit, June 12, 2008)

6/2/08 - EAD card ordered (CRIS email)

6/5/08 - EAD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL

6/12/08 - Permanent Resident APPROVAL! Green Card on the Way!

6/23/08 - Green Card Received!!!

Called NVC about one hour ago and was told my petition was sent to the Thai Embassy today.

Hoping to have an interview date by the end of the month or first week of December.

Wow----I am so happy for you afterforever. I might call CSC today and see if they shipped my petition. I had NOA2 on 11/6, touch on 11/7 and 11/11.

Congratulations afterforever :thumbs:

Ever Patient :D I hope they already sent yours out to NVC together with our one :thumbs:

:dance::dance::dance:

Timeline

Congratulations afterforever :thumbs:

Ever Patient :D I hope they already sent yours out to NVC together with our one :thumbs:

:dance::dance::dance:

Scott: Has yours been sent? Did you call or what?

9/5/2004 met

11/06/07 NOA2 at LAST!!!

03/13/08 Visa in Hand

AOS Timeline

4/15/08 - Biometrics

5/5/08 - AOS interview notice received in the mail (will be in Detroit, June 12, 2008)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Good luck everybody!

CONGRATS BIG GUY!!!!!!!! I am now on hold with NVC!!! Hoping they have sent my petition as well!!! :-)

:dance::dance:YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAILED YESTERDAY TO ISB EMBASSY!!!!! GOT MY NEW CASE #!!!!!!!! :-) :dance::dance:

She was like, now you can have a great weekend!!!!! and I was like YOU READ MY MIND!! She could tell by my voice I was soo excited!!! this is great!!!

I Hope everybody else at NVC or on the way to NVC gets in and out quickly as I was!!!!

They began working on my case on Tuesday Nov 13 and SENT TO Embassy on Thursday Nov. 15!!!

She said the Embassy should have it in a week or two!!!

Thanks to everyone on here for the help/support!!!!

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Timeline

Thanks everybody! I hope everyone moves along quickly at this point in their journey. Hopefully we will all be with our SO's soon after the new year.

Goodl luck to my VJ family!!!!

Edited by afterforever

We called NVC but they havent received it yet. So we tried to call CSC but we must have a different number cuz there they weren´t very helpful (800-375-5283). Which number are you using for CSC to find out if the petition has left for NVC? Thx a lot for the info :thumbs:

Timeline

We called NVC but they havent received it yet. So we tried to call CSC but we must have a different number cuz there they weren´t very helpful (800-375-5283). Which number are you using for CSC to find out if the petition has left for NVC? Thx a lot for the info :thumbs:

I'm using the same ol' RFE # 800.375.5283

9/5/2004 met

11/06/07 NOA2 at LAST!!!

03/13/08 Visa in Hand

AOS Timeline

4/15/08 - Biometrics

Well there they told us they know nothing and that we have to wait and we can place a service request for tracking it after 30 days :unsure:

Timeline

Well there they told us they know nothing and that we have to wait and we can place a service request for tracking it after 30 days :unsure:

It does not make sense that some customer service reps. give out specific info., while others only give vague answers. How hard can it be to check something in their computer? I am sure they all have the same access to the information requested. Isn't that their job to give information to those that ask? I guess it is easier to be vague than to actually help someone.

It does not make sense that some customer service reps. give out specific info., while others only give vague answers. How hard can it be to check something in their computer? I am sure they all have the same access to the information requested. Isn't that their job to give information to those that ask? I guess it is easier to be vague than to actually help someone.

Maybe they are paid by the number of answered phone calls. So if they give you a vague answer they must be pretty sure you are gonna call again :P So they try to get u off the phone asap and get you again some other time :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.