dermeco

DS-230, SENT BACK TO ME

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys,
Once again, I need your help! Form DS-230, was sent back to me because on line 2 Other Names Used or Aliases (if married woman, give maiden name). I wrote my wife’s whole name. In Central America, people use four names, that’s why I wrote her four names. NVC circled that as missing information. Should I write NONE? On box 20, I did not write the date when she lived there, because she still lives there. Should I write PRESENT? Or write today’s date.

By the way, in Nicaragua married women don’t use their husband’s last name.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
By the way, in Nicaragua married women don’t use their husband’s last name.[/b][/sup]

Different last name is fine too. You don't need to explain it.

Keep this in mind: Too much information is sometimes just as bad or WORSE than not enough. This advice comes from a 17 year veteran Gov't worker who worked forms. ( Not me - ;) - I was told that for my Immigration forms. )

The moral of my story: Stick with someone who matches your own culture.

( This coming from an Arab who married an Arab from overseas... go figure. )

Thanks! However, what should I write on box 2? Should I write NONE, or N/A? On boxes 2, and 3, I wrote the same. Example, DINASTY MARA, JOHN DOE. Edited by dermeco

hi,

I had the same problem regarding with DS230 before.I hope i could help u.My Ds230 was returned to me because of #2 and 20.

In # 2. Among the four names that your wife used, what is the name she uses in all of her documents? What is her name in her passport?what is her name when you filed the petition.Since married women in Nicaragua does'nt use their husband's lastname, you should put the name she uses in all her documents like Birth Certificate, Married Certificate, police clearance, etc.

In #20. Since your wife is still living in the same address or place, You should start your date from the time she reached the age of 16 for Example she reached the age of 16 on July 22, 1996. You will put July 22, 1996- Present

To make sure, better call NVC at 603-3340700

Good Luck to you

Thank you very much! Now, I understand what I supposed to write on box 20. On number 2, I called the NVC, and they told me to write N/A, because she has never used any aliases. Edited by dermeco

Yes, Aurea is right on the money on question #2!! I had to verify this as well with NVC and State Dept. THey go by what's on the application/passport and documentations. :)

hi D & A,

My case was completed on September 24,yesterday. At last i wont be thingking about my DS230 question #2 and #20. I thought NVC will send an RFE again, but i'm glad i got approved.

Good Luck!

Yes, Aurea is right on the money on question #2!! I had to verify this as well with NVC and State Dept. THey go by what's on the application/passport and documentations. :)

Hi Aurea,

That is GREAT NEWS!!! :thumbs: We're happy for ya and your spouse. Keep us in the loop of when you get the interview date!!

As for me, I sent my wife's DS230 last week so I hope and pray that all will be okay! PLS NO RFE!! ;)

GOD BLESS,

D&A

Hi Aurea,

That is GREAT NEWS!!! :thumbs: We're happy for ya and your spouse. Keep us in the loop of when you get the interview date!!

As for me, I sent my wife's DS230 last week so I hope and pray that all will be okay! PLS NO RFE!! ;)

GOD BLESS,

D&A

I am waiting for status on mine too, hopefully there's no RFE. :innocent: Let's keep our fingers crossed on these my fellow VJs...

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a checklist on the way for my DS-230 as well and I'm hoping someone can help me out with the address to send it to.

(I didn't put to 'present' on two of the questions - meant to, as I couldn't type it in, then forgot to do it before sending!)

Anyway, I want to get a jump start on the whole process so I want to courier it tomorrow. I assume I send it to 32 Rochester - however I can't remember if Checklists go to the attention of DR or CMR, can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Edited by trailmix

Hi Trailmix,

I had this conversation with NVC before regarding ATT: CMR or DR. Based from what he had told me that ATT: DR are documents requested by NVC addressed to the petitioner, while ATTN CMR is an address used where the beneficiary sends all the required documents, either way it's still the same group that reviews them. Just my suggestion, how many of us petitioners that normally get a letter requested from NVC? I see it as less clutter with the mails coming from ATT DR rather than CMR. Therefore, ATTN DR can get to your documents faster than ATTN CMR.

Just my 2cents... :blush:

I have a checklist on the way for my DS-230 as well and I'm hoping someone can help me out with the address to send it to.

(I didn't put to 'present' on two of the questions - meant to, as I couldn't type it in, then forgot to do it before sending!)

Anyway, I want to get a jump start on the whole process so I want to courier it tomorrow. I'm just not sure which address to send it to and whether I put it attention DR or CMR, can anyone help me out?

Thanks

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.