lixtifur

Contacting The VSC

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

My fiancee had a B1/B2 Visa. I have started the process of the K1 VISA. I went to an attorney to get the papers filled out right. I gave the attorney all the evidence-pictures, emails, greeting cards, pictures of her with the engagement ring, letter from friends, phone records from her and I. Since my fiancee is divorced, we are going to have a civil marriage first. The application has been sent 60 days ago. Can anybody help me out with my questions:

-She was here on a B1/B2 visa. We met in USA therefore I do not have proof of meeting her in her country because we met in the US. I went to her country after the i-129f was sent. Does that make a difference?

-Does it matter if I don't have pictures of her in a wedding dress?

-the i-129f was sent 60 days ago, how many days do I give it before I call the VSC?

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My fiancee had a B1/B2 Visa. I have started the process of the K1 VISA. I went to an attorney to get the papers filled out right. I gave the attorney all the evidence-pictures, emails, greeting cards, pictures of her with the engagement ring, letter from friends, phone records from her and I. Since my fiancee is divorced, we are going to have a civil marriage first. The application has been sent 60 days ago. Can anybody help me out with my questions:

-She was here on a B1/B2 visa. We met in USA therefore I do not have proof of meeting her in her country because we met in the US. I went to her country after the i-129f was sent. Does that make a difference?

-the i-129f was sent 60 days ago, how many days do I give it before I call the VSC?

Thank you.

You do not have to meet in her country.. you simply need to meet somewhere in the world and be able to document this meeting

Wedding dress? A K-1 is a fiance(e) visa... A wedding would indicate spouse and therefore no longer a fiance(e) therefore ineligible for a fiance(e) visa

VSC is running 120 days lately I think....

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Thank you.

1. You need proof like recipets and passport stamps, since she came here, she would have them.

2. No, in fact that might cause confusion for a K1 visa. Since you are not suppose to get married until later.

3. You wont be able to call the VSC directly. But they will mail you or your lawyer a notification that they have received your package. Then you wont hear anything else for 2-4 months at which point they will approve it or ask for more evidence. Usually when you have a lawyer, they get the notifications. If you used a check, you can get your case number off the back of the canceled check.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you.

My fiance also had a B1/B2 visa many years ago and we just got approved for his K1 yesterday. We had pictures of us both in the US and in his country, and I sent proof we met (in high school, so I sent transcripts from our school) and then also proof that we met in Egypt (plane tickets, visa stamps, etc).

Why would you have pics of her in a wedding dress? you are not married. Do not get married before she arrives in the states if you are applying for a K1.

And you can call VSC all you want, but it's not likely they will give you any info you can use for at least another month or so.

Divorced. To hell with him.

Thank you.

Just make sure you have proof of meeting in the US. eg. copies of the entry stamps in her passport, copy of her travel itinerary, boarding passes etc. If she had been in the US for a while then maybe some proof of her residence such as utility bills or rental agreements. Photographs of you both together would help to prove that you met while she was here. For my proof I also included copies of bank statements showing ATM withdrawals when I was visiting my Fiance in the US.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.