JeffandRebecca

Is is ok to use All-in-One office printer to make copies?

11 posts in this topic

I am preparing to file removing conditions. I have a lot of bills and documents with both of our names to be used as evidence. I need to make copies of them. My All-in-One printer can make copies. The copy is printed by inkjet. I figured it is easier for me to make copies at home rather than at a copy store.

Does anyone know if copies that we provide as evidence need to be conventional Xerox copies? I do not know if they accept it because the copies can look like computer printout.

Thank you very much!

Rebecca

Edited by JeffandRebecca
.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

YES :yes:

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

No mention on USCIS that a xerographic copier is needed.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I saw one time on some form saying not to use a ink jet printer but I've never heard peeps having problems with any kind of copier.

Copy is a copy.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Does anyone know if copies that we provide as evidence need to be conventional Xerox copies?

No, they don't need to be Xerox copies. Just be sure that they are well readable. If the USCIS has doubt that a copy is genuine, they RFE the original (and promise to send it back, too). If they invite you to an interview, they might also ask you to bring one or more original documents.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am preparing to file removing conditions. I have a lot of bills and documents with both of our names to be used as evidence. I need to make copies of them. My All-in-One printer can make copies. The copy is printed by inkjet. I figured it is easier for me to make copies at home rather than at a copy store.

Does anyone know if copies that we provide as evidence need to be conventional Xerox copies? I do not know if they accept it because the copies can look like computer printout.

Thank you very much!

Rebecca

Xerox, Sharp, Minolta, Canon are all OK... Mine were actually Toshiba copies and I made it with no RFE's :)

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope not! *glancing over at her copier/scanner/printer*

Honestly, I don't think they care :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Thank you so much for your replies. I feel so relieved. I do not feel confortable bringing all the important documents like green card to a copying place with a big pile of paper. I hope I would not get an RFE!

Thanks again!

Rebecca

.png

We did all our copying on the home computer, using a flatbed scanner and an inkjet printer. No problems.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Thank you very much!

Rebecca

LOL I used my all in one printer for my I130.

My birth certificate was printed in color as was the noterization on it; so I copied it in color.

They marked it original Birth certificate received!

I thought that was to funny!

December 12 2006 Filed I130

Jan 10 2007 got receipt and case number!

Jan 12 2007 sent 129F

Feb 6 notice they were moving the file to a faster service center.

Feb 26 Notice of I130 approval

Feb 28 2007 notice they were sending 129F to USCIS for further investigation (err #######?)

May 15 2007 notice of approval of 129F with processing dates of 05/15/2007 thru 09/14/2007

May 28 2007 Notice from attorney that NVC needed processed and money orders were needed.

June 4 2007 Traveled to Manila to spend 2 weeks with my wife!! (YeHaaaa!!)

Fed-xed her signed papers (For NVC) from Manila to attorney from Manila while on vacation

June 18 2007 Nvc approved support.

June 29 2007 packet arrived @ my home informing of interveiw for I130 on Aug 27 2007 and explaining Medical interveiw.

(Note wife never received packet for I130 in Philippines I fed-ex'ed mine to her for medical interveiw)

July 17 2007 packet arrived for 129F setting interveiw for Sept 5 2007

August 5 2007 Wife flew to Manila for medical interveiw on August 6.

August 26 wife flew to Manila for I130 interveiw on August 27 2007.

August 27 2007 12:31 pm I130 Approved

wife arriving Nov 18th

WIFE ARRIVED Nov 18th!!!!

Website I made my wife!

http://rickrox.tripod.com/roxan1.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.