MelindaandTarek

Happy Friday

45 posts in this topic

I'm here...still eating soup....lost 10 lbs....I hate soup :crying:

How long have you been a soup-eater? You only eating soup?

Ammar just got promoted and a raise today, so it's exciting!

almost 2 weeks now but I eat other stuff too. I'm just sick of the soup. Its beginning to have gaglike qualities. :lol:

I've done that soup diet quite a few times... i know EXACTLY what you mean. After a while the smell of the soup used to make me wanna vomit. I used to get really excited about the baked potato day.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I know how you feel. My ex lives closer to my boys' school so therefore lives closer to the friends. There have been a few occasions where I've let the kids stay with their dad on my "days" so they could play with their neighborhood friends. At first it hurt my feelings but I'm over it. I'd rather have happy kids not with me than unhappy kids with me.

ugh. my ex's wife just came to get the kids for the weekend and my youngest was crying because she doesn't want to go with them. :( She's never done this in 9 years. :(:( I think it's because she made a new little friend at school and she wanted to play with her all weekend.

Now I'm so sad. :cry::cry::cry:

well if it were my week I would have given it up for them to be happy but it's his week and he won't bend. Of course too they have been with me for about three weeks straight so I guess that didn't help matters any. I just hope she's still not crying. They're driving to Canada near Niagra Falls and staying the weekend and she hates it there. He drag races and so the track is up there that he hangs in. I kept them with me for the past few weeks to save them from having to go all the way up there but he's now saying that's against our agreement blah blah blah. I mean to drag kids that far away just because you want to race and then argue that you want to be with them makes no sense whatsoever. I can't wait to see what the dynamic will be when my husband gets here. I have a feeling he'd call him up and yell at him but who knows. He has a wicked soft spot for my little one so I can't imagine he'd be too pleased that my ex was doing this to her.

I have to stop thinking about it though 'cause it's out of my hands. :(

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

almost 2 weeks now but I eat other stuff too. I'm just sick of the soup. Its beginning to have gaglike qualities. :lol:

I've done that soup diet quite a few times... i know EXACTLY what you mean. After a while the smell of the soup used to make me wanna vomit. I used to get really excited about the baked potato day.

LMAO, I just couldnt wait until Tuesday evening to run home and have my big baked potato with butter! :lol: Today is not so bad, beef. I just had a steak for lunch and it was yummy! I officially hate banana day...I never thought i would say that I hate bananas but the thought of them...YUCK

I thinking of replacing the cabbage soup with another low cal veggie soup. Anyone have suggestions? I just can't handle the bell pepper/celery/cabbage combo anymore.

Edited by amira_ordonia

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline

LMAO, I just couldnt wait until Tuesday evening to run home and have my big baked potato with butter! :lol: Today is not so bad, beef. I just had a steak for lunch and it was yummy! I officially hate banana day...I never thought i would say that I hate bananas but the thought of them...YUCK

I thinking of replacing the cabbage soup with another low cal veggie soup. Anyone have suggestions? I just can't handle the bell pepper/celery/cabbage combo anymore.

But will that mess up the chemical interaction and all that? I mean I think there is a reason for that particular soup if I remember correctly.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

But will that mess up the chemical interaction and all that? I mean I think there is a reason for that particular soup if I remember correctly.

That's what I don't get about this diet. The way I understand it, losing weight is all about calories consumed. Why must all of your calories in a day be consumed from the same source, why can't you replace it with something with equal calories?

That's what I don't get about this diet. The way I understand it, losing weight is all about calories consumed. Why must all of your calories in a day be consumed from the same source, why can't you replace it with something with equal calories?

Yeah at first I thought it was because of the "magic" soup but I think its bcz of the low calorie consumption too. The cabbage soup is low in calories & carbohydrates. So I think as long as I have that kind of soup I'll be fine.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am so happy its the weekend i am loosing my mind with all this A/P stuff but i know we will get through it soon!! My daughter started school last week and this was her first fool week of school so i am just getting adjusted to waking up so early :blink: usually i don't have to be up until 9am not i have to get up at 6:30am. I hope you all have a great weekend. I will keep everyone in my prayers that we will be with our loved ones soon we all need it (F)

AJ1

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I slept thru not one, but two doctors appointments today. I didn't wake up until my sons were walking in the door from school. Oh, well, now I have to reschedule the appointments. LOL

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Timeline
Edited to add - those of u who deal w/the crazy connections in Egypt, how about this week?! Anyone share in my frustrations....with a few phone calls consisting of what did you say? huh?! what?! and minimal internet connections...here's to a better week...hahhaha

take care everyone,

Melinda

OH MY GOD, yes. When I found out Ramy's interview date I was flipping out all day because I couldn't get through--when I did it was during a 10 minute break at work. That's the last time I talked to him and it was two days ago.

Connections for the past month or so have been terrible...I swear next Wednesday morning I'll pull all my hair out if we can't get through!

Hope you get your NOA2 soooooooooooon!

yay Friday

My car reached 100,000 miles today on my drive to work. lol

hahahahaha i am happy to hear there are others who share in the lousy connections..hahha...so so funny we say that one day we will laugh about it. yahoo for ur car - ty for the wishes for my NOA2 - it has to come one day right haha

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Timeline
Edited to add - those of u who deal w/the crazy connections in Egypt, how about this week?! Anyone share in my frustrations....with a few phone calls consisting of what did you say? huh?! what?! and minimal internet connections...here's to a better week...hahhaha

take care everyone,

Melinda

OH MY GOD, yes. When I found out Ramy's interview date I was flipping out all day because I couldn't get through--when I did it was during a 10 minute break at work. That's the last time I talked to him and it was two days ago.

Connections for the past month or so have been terrible...I swear next Wednesday morning I'll pull all my hair out if we can't get through!

Hope you get your NOA2 soooooooooooon!

yay Friday

My car reached 100,000 miles today on my drive to work. lol

My connection hasn't been too bad. Maybe one or two calls that couldn't get through, BUT last night on yahoo it sounded like he was underwater!!!

hahaha...doodlebug - this is hilarious..yes i love that or that echo or loud obnoxious noise I always get right before it starts to ring..or the sound that appears to mimick two cats having a huge brawl..hahah...so funny!!!

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

So do you have to eat a certain kind of soup? I'm still ennamored with the idea of losing 10 lbs in 2 weeks LOL.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Do you have any veggies you are trying to stay away from? I have a nice vegetarian cookbook with a ton of good soup recipes.. although mostly they consit of 6c water, 3 vegetable broth cubes, 2 zuchini, 1 summer squash, an onion, 3 cloves garlic, celery, carrots, cauliflower, green beans, and whatever else... all fresh to start not frozen or canned.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

I wanted to share this hillarious video with you all before the day ends. I hope if u ever get pulled over, it is as fun as this!!!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline
I wanted to share this hillarious video with you all before the day ends. I hope if u ever get pulled over, it is as fun as this!!!

omg too funny!!!

Heck sober I could never do the alphabet backwards!!! When he said z I was stuck for a while till he said y and then I had to run through it to make sure he was right! :lol::lol::lol:

Then again.............I'm shopping for gardening supplies tomorrow so I was online looking at what walmart has and I clicked on garden and it had a "blower" and I'm like what the heck is that...some kind of newfangled flower? b l o w e r...I had to say it three times and then I freakin' laughed so hard water came out my nose!! :energetic:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.