6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all,

We had our interview (for my husband) on June 5th (filed around Feb 1 2007), in which the officer required us to obtain a birth certificate for my husband's son that is not immigrating with him (the boy's mother and my husband never married, but they did live together for a short period). We got the certificate and sent it in and have not heard anything back. The officer said he would make his decision within 2 weeks of receiving the document (this would have been 6 weeks ago.)

I called the national customer service center they said we had to wait until 90 days after the interview date, because they are supposed to give a response within that time as to whether or not the petition is approved. So I'm going to call them back on Sept 5, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had experience with a situation like this? Can I make an Infopass appointment in this case?

When I check our case status online (also when I called customer service) the system has us stuck on April 11, which is when they recieved our response to an RFE. But we received the interview letter and of course have had the interview after that but that information is not reflected.

Any thoughts?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

my opinion make Infopass appointment

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

OK so we had our Infopass appointment, and were told that our case is still "in processing". The woman said that it seemed that our case has not been updated by the officer in charge and so that is why when I check online or call NCSC, the only info I get is regarding the long-since resolved RFE in April.

The woman sent an email to our case officer to tell him that we came to inquire about our case. She said if we didn't hear anything we could make another Infopass appt. in 90 days...........

Now I don't know what to do!! In our interview the officer said he would make his decision within 2 weeks of receiving the birth certificate and its been now 6 weeks since they received it (I got delivery confirmation). He said nothing during the interview about name checks or anything like that, so it just seems to me like we've been put on his back burner....

Any ideas or insights?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

The case officer might have had it under a desk leg because his desk wasn't level for all we know. Perhaps the email due to your Infopass appointment will make him realize that it's there and that he must now use someone else's case file to level out his desk.

It might have been your case had fallen in the crack somewhere but I would give it a little time now that you've had an appointment and see if that kicks anything in gear.

PJ

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.