-pH-

How long prior do I have to file for removal of conditions?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I have received my green card in April 2006. "The expiration date" is going to be April 2008 but how many months prior that do I need to file out the forms and send them out?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-pH-

DISCLAIMER: We share our experience only as a point of reference!

00 JUL11 I129F sent

01 JUL12 I129F recv'd

03 JUL14 NOA1 issued

07 JUL18 check cashed

09 JUL20 NOA1 USPS

10 JUL21 NOA2 e-mail 05:05pm

11 JUL22 I129F en route NVC

14 JUL25 NVC recv'd I129F

16 JUL27 NOA2 via USPS

17 JUL28 NVC forwards I129F to WRW

19 JUL30 NVC notifice USPS

21 AUG01 WRW recv'd I129

21 AUG01 WRW sends Pkt3

21 AUG01 Pkt3 emailed to WRW

24 AUG04 WRW Pkt3 rcpt

39 AUG19 Physical exam

63 SEP12 Interview

65 SEP14 Visa recv'd

72 SEP21 Paulina in NJ

00 DEC02 AOS sent

06 DEC08 NOA1 I-485 I-765

27 DEC29 I-485 I-765 touched

46 JAN17 Appt notice

62 FEB02 Biometrics appt

postacie2.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A maximum of 90 days prior to the expiration of the conditional card. (90 days does not = 3 months).

You can file anytime withing the 90 days prior to the expiration.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Any time from 90 days before the expiry date... but you don't HAVE to apply that early. Your deadline for them having the application in their hot little hands is the expiry date on your greencard (so it would be wise to allow at least a few weeks in case there are any problems...)

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
A maximum of 90 days prior to the expiration of the conditional card. (90 days does not = 3 months).

Why does everyone keep saying that 90 days is not the same as 3 months?

For all intents and purposes 90 days = 3 months.

What, are they going to reject your petition if you send it in 91 days before the deadline? :blink:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Why does everyone keep saying that 90 days is not the same as 3 months?

For all intents and purposes 90 days = 3 months.

What, are they going to reject your petition if you send it in 91 days before the deadline? :blink:

they might....

lets say your expiration date is November 14th.... so 3 months would be August 14th.. but that is 93 days according to my rough calculations.... USCIS has to have some cut-off date... or they could say hey it is only 3 days or hey it is only 5 days...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

You can file anytime withing the 90 days prior to the expiration.

We have ours all calculated out as to when we will file in November :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
lets say your expiration date is November 14th.... so 3 months would be August 14th.. but that is 93 days according to my rough calculations.... USCIS has to have some cut-off date... or they could say hey it is only 3 days or hey it is only 5 days...

But even if you sign and date your application Nov 14th and mail it the same day,

USCIS are not going to get it instantly - it'll take a few days anyway.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.