samwatts

Expidited Cases/ Wedding Dates etc etc :)

42 posts in this topic

We are really off topic here! Would anyone mind if I put out a call to Mags or one of the mods to split a topic here -- sub-topic of "Giving dates to the Embassy"?

(But still I find this a really interesting topic in its own right. We put down we wanted to leave in August, and we got a date in June, which worked well for us.)

Edited by elmcitymaven

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
We are really off topic here! Would anyone mind if I put out a call to Mags or one of the mods to split a topic here -- sub-topic of "Giving dates to the Embassy"?

(But still I find this a really interesting topic in its own right. We put down we wanted to leave in August, and we got a date in June, which worked well for us.)

I dont mind! :oops: got carried away in the discussion!

Separated!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
A genuine question here - has anyone made up dates when contacting the Embassy? I know everyone has different circumstances and London IS very good at working around your dates, but there are suggestions that people fabricate dates and admit to it, and I don't remember seeing that?!?

As I said, just posing a genuine question.....

Well you are going to have to define "make up dates", if you mean you can't put a date unless you have the tickets booked for that date I guess a lot of us would be so defined.

or do you mean we have plans we are hoping to be able to make, but they aren't hard and fast plans and that isn't making up dates.

Which side of the fence is your survey sitting

:innocent::innocent::innocent::whistle::whistle:

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay, I've removed the off topic posts from the Interview Thread and moved them in here. There seemed to be two additional trains of thought involved in that thread and they came together quite nicely; hence my putting both of them in here.

Hope that's okay for you all! :star:

Timeline

Okay, I've removed the off topic posts from the Interview Thread and moved them in here. There seemed to be two additional trains of thought involved in that thread and they came together quite nicely; hence my putting both of them in here.

Hope that's okay for you all! :star:

:thumbs:

Separated!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
It's like buying beer in an English pub - if you don't push through to the bar then you are not going to get served.

What English pub do you go to?!? That pushing is more American bar than English pub. I found that the English bartender won't serve people who push their way through. Least the ones I know. And even during a football match I have never had to push my way through a even the most crowded of English pub.

I learned to be a lot more patient while I was in England.

This 'holier than thou' thing is one American trait that does annoy me and I reckon it came over with the pilgrims.

One minute it's 'I cannot tell a lie' and the next minute it is 'Baghdad is full of WMD's'

Nuclear

Chemical

Biological

jeez

:huh:

PS: I agree with TracyTN.

Edited by Disco

Making up a date IS lying - and there are plenty of people who have done it and posted about it. Its called making a false declaration.

This has always annoyed me, too. Esp. when people who put bogus dates (or otherwise push for an 'early' interview') get interviews before people who may have legit reasons for needing an earlier date (sick relative, losing their housing or job, etc).

We are SO lucky to be going through London. Its one of the fastest consulates, and one of the most consistant when it comes to helping people make dates that they need to make. To otherwise push them to get you in and out faster than they already will - esp. if you have no definite need for it - seems selfish to me.

Not having a go at anyone in particular - just making a general observation about things I've seen over my time at VJ. (Which is a looong time, to be sure :lol:

Tracy u 'ole timer u' :lol::P

When i sent my P3 back never gave them any dates yet i still got a quick interview date...got P4 one week and my interview was like 6 days later....so i think it just depends on how busy they are.........i think :whistle:

Ole timer, indeed! I'm lucky I can still type... :lol:

Yeah, I DO think it depends how busy they are (which has seemed to be a 'time of the year' thing) - seems as if they slow down a bit during the summer and later in the year (more staff away on vacations?), but I'm sure some of that can't be predicted - meaning they just have more cases to process at one time instead of another.

We caught them in an extremely fast time - literally had packet 4 a mere four days after we'd put packet 3 in the post. But a mere week or two later, people began waiting weeks between returning packet 3 and receiving packet 4.

I don't think there's anything wrong with telling them you're in a time crunch if you truly are in one. (As we have seen, 9 times out of 10, they will accomdate you.) I also think there is nothing wrong at 'guessing' if you truly don't know a timeframe - but make that guess realistic (meaning don't say you plan to travel next week - maybe next month?) so that you don't take up an interview time that someone else may be desperate for. Don't call your congressman telling them how desperate you are for an interview when your wedding is still 4 months away. Try to be courteous to others and don't take what you don't HAVE to have.

London is speedy - probably one of the fastest consulates (if not the fastest). If they're not working fast enough to suit you, then it may be that you're just a bit too hyperactive and immigration will one day kill you. :lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline
Making up a date IS lying - and there are plenty of people who have done it and posted about it. Its called making a false declaration.

This has always annoyed me, too. Esp. when people who put bogus dates (or otherwise push for an 'early' interview') get interviews before people who may have legit reasons for needing an earlier date (sick relative, losing their housing or job, etc).

We are SO lucky to be going through London. Its one of the fastest consulates, and one of the most consistant when it comes to helping people make dates that they need to make. To otherwise push them to get you in and out faster than they already will - esp. if you have no definite need for it - seems selfish to me.

Not having a go at anyone in particular - just making a general observation about things I've seen over my time at VJ. (Which is a looong time, to be sure :lol:

Tracy u 'ole timer u' :lol::P

When i sent my P3 back never gave them any dates yet i still got a quick interview date...got P4 one week and my interview was like 6 days later....so i think it just depends on how busy they are.........i think :whistle:

Ole timer, indeed! I'm lucky I can still type... :lol:

Yeah, I DO think it depends how busy they are (which has seemed to be a 'time of the year' thing) - seems as if they slow down a bit during the summer and later in the year (more staff away on vacations?), but I'm sure some of that can't be predicted - meaning they just have more cases to process at one time instead of another.

We caught them in an extremely fast time - literally had packet 4 a mere four days after we'd put packet 3 in the post. But a mere week or two later, people began waiting weeks between returning packet 3 and receiving packet 4.

I don't think there's anything wrong with telling them you're in a time crunch if you truly are in one. (As we have seen, 9 times out of 10, they will accomdate you.) I also think there is nothing wrong at 'guessing' if you truly don't know a timeframe - but make that guess realistic (meaning don't say you plan to travel next week - maybe next month?) so that you don't take up an interview time that someone else may be desperate for. Don't call your congressman telling them how desperate you are for an interview when your wedding is still 4 months away. Try to be courteous to others and don't take what you don't HAVE to have.

London is speedy - probably one of the fastest consulates (if not the fastest). If they're not working fast enough to suit you, then it may be that you're just a bit too hyperactive and immigration will one day kill you. :lol:

Tracy are you sure you dont have one of those voice activated keyboards?? :whistle:

You know i'm just pulling yer leg dont ya :P:lol:

London is one of the fastest i agree.....even i was shocked when my interview date popped in the letterbox......the embassy had emailed me with my interview date.....but...i'm so glad i got a hard copy letter because they had made an error on the date.....a big one....3 weeks of a difference.

Separated!!

Tracy are you sure you dont have one of those voice activated keyboards?? :whistle:

London is one of the fastest i agree.....even i was shocked when my interview date popped in the letterbox......the embassy had emailed me with my interview date.....but...i'm so glad i got a hard copy letter because they had made an error on the date.....a big one....3 weeks of a difference.

Why yes, I do! How could you tell??? :P:lol:

Geez - 3 weeks difference! I can't believe they were that far off! :blink:

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

Why yes, I do! How could you tell??? :P:lol:

Geez - 3 weeks difference! I can't believe they were that far off! :blink:

Yeah - 3 weeks!!! the email stated my interview date was November 22nd 2006!! get this.....the hard hard copy letter interview date was ~ Nov 2nd 2006!!!!!!!! what a blunder eh???? :blink::bonk:

I didnt think they could make mistakes like that!! Just goes to show that even the embassy does make errors!

Edited by MariaDane

Separated!!

Deployment is a good reason for expedited processing. good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Deployment is a good reason for expedited processing. good luck :thumbs:

Most definitely! I don't think anyone here would have a problem with someone getting a fast interview date if they are in that situation.

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.