samwatts

Expidited Cases/ Wedding Dates etc etc :)

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We put in for expedite as future hubby being deployed very soon, that why our interview come up very quick :blush:

sam xxx

K1 TIMELINE

03/29/2007 - sent petition I129F

04/02/2007 - recieved at TSC

04/06/2007 - NOA1 issued

04/12/2007 - check cashed

04/14/2007 - NOA1 letter recieved

04/14/2007 - touched

06/07/2007 - touched (change of address)

06/08/2007 - touched (change of address)

06/10/2007 - touched (change of address)

06/15/2007 - touched due to phonecalls to csc.

06/16/2007 - another touch due to phonecalls on 15th!!!

07/25/2007 - APPROVED!!!!!!

08/06/2007 - NVC recieved

08/11/2007 - letter received from NVC saying send to London within a week

08/13/2007 - London recieves petition and sends out Packet 3

08/16/2007 - recieved and sent back packet 3

09/06/2007 - medical!!

09/12/2007 - INTERVIEW

09/18/2007 - Additional papers collected by courier

09/26/2007 - Visas delivered by courier!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
We put in for expedite as future hubby being deployed very soon, that why our interview come up very quick :blush:

sam xxx

ah hah ! Carolyn's nephew was deployed last year.....

hope you make good use of the time :blush:

oh well that explains one of them but the dates are all over the place so I can't see a pattern... hum well if the Embassy staff are back from summer holidays and the students have got their visas then it might shorten.... cross fingers

thanks for that

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

sam xxx

ah hah ! Carolyn's nephew was deployed last year.....

hope you make good use of the time :blush:

oh well that explains one of them but the dates are all over the place so I can't see a pattern... hum well if the Embassy staff are back from summer holidays and the students have got their visas then it might shorten.... cross fingers

thanks for that

alan

Hi Alan

The dates sometimes vary wildly for a number of reasons. Sometimes people return packet 4, but don't have all the paperwork ready eg police certificate. Some people specify a travel date and some don't. Some have weddings booked or they have sold their house.

The Embassy are pretty good at looking at each case individually and working with your dates. Our case was completion on our home, and they gave me an interview with one week's notice. Someone else might wait six weeks if there is no immediate need to travel.

Hope your case moves quickly now you are out of NVC clutches :whistle:

Timeline
Hi Alan

The dates sometimes vary wildly for a number of reasons. Sometimes people return packet 4, but don't have all the paperwork ready eg police certificate. Some people specify a travel date and some don't. Some have weddings booked or they have sold their house.

The Embassy are pretty good at looking at each case individually and working with your dates. Our case was completion on our home, and they gave me an interview with one week's notice. Someone else might wait six weeks if there is no immediate need to travel.

Hope your case moves quickly now you are out of NVC clutches :whistle:

I wonder if they would have me in the army ? they would have to wait for the attack until I found my glasses ! I have to go Nov 5 or 6 so i get medicare at 65 - NOT a good excuse ! - still might squeak it though and working on some pathetic plea right now.....

moresheep400100.jpg

I wonder if they would have me in the army ? they would have to wait for the attack until I found my glasses ! I have to go Nov 5 or 6 so i get medicare at 65 - NOT a good excuse ! - still might squeak it though and working on some pathetic plea right now.....

If you have got "post traumatic stress" setting in before joining the army..... :whistle: Is that with or without the glasses?!?

Timeline
how come samwatts and cardiffian have interviews 1 day different and their p3's are a month and a half apart ! and blspicer was 3 months ! makes it difficult to estimate interview dates....

It could have something to do with what they put for their travel date, or even left that question blank, when they returned packet 3.

The Embassy does take notice of that and try and schedule around it if possible.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Timeline
Or possibly the packet 3 forms were sent in first, and then the checklist.

Actually, thinking back to my K1 days when I was young and optimistic and convinced everything would be alright, (2005), I do remember putting forward some ridiculous plea and 'jumping the queue' -something like Carolyn's cats were missing me and wouldn't eat.

I remember feeling bad for the rest when I got an early interview date

ok I will get inventive and tell them my biological clock is ticking or something - that should fox em.

Second thoughts they might conclude I was a danger to the public despite the medical results..

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline
Or possibly the packet 3 forms were sent in first, and then the checklist.

Actually, thinking back to my K1 days when I was young and optimistic and convinced everything would be alright, (2005), I do remember putting forward some ridiculous plea and 'jumping the queue' -something like Carolyn's cats were missing me and wouldn't eat.

I remember feeling bad for the rest when I got an early interview date

ok I will get inventive and tell them my biological clock is ticking or something - that should fox em.

Second thoughts they might conclude I was a danger to the public despite the medical results..

Don't think there is a need to put a reason, certainly I think it is important to put a date. We just put a date about 6 weeks after we returned packet 3 and got the interview a week before the travel date we put. We had no set plans to travel that day, it was just a target date in reality we went a week later.

I think if you don't put a date your interview is arranged around the available dates left when they have tried to accommodate others.

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-28 NOA

Timeline
Don't think there is a need to put a reason, certainly I think it is important to put a date. We just put a date about 6 weeks after we returned packet 3 and got the interview a week before the travel date we put. We had no set plans to travel that day, it was just a target date in reality we went a week later.

I think if you don't put a date your interview is arranged around the available dates left when they have tried to accommodate others.

ah thanks for that - good tip - we don't want to go before november 5 as that is our 2 year anniversary and i want an unconditional card - but we don't want to go after november 6 as i won't have been in country 5 years when i am 65 and want medicare.. a very narrow window of 2 days...

They can't really accept that as a reason, but Carolyn will be unemployed by then and anxious to keep her resume up to date - so they might help with that as a reason.... we can only try...

I bet the interview date is 2nd November - then it will be a real decision as to whether we book the flights and car and hope the interview goes ok and the courier delivers on time

It's all anxiety isn't it ! Never mind, soon be over. Anyone got any idea how long to packet 3 after it leaves nvc ? ours left nvc yesterday.

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline
ah thanks for that - good tip - we don't want to go before november 5 as that is our 2 year anniversary and i want an unconditional card - but we don't want to go after november 6 as i won't have been in country 5 years when i am 65 and want medicare.. a very narrow window of 2 days...

I stand to be shot down in flames for this comment but I'm sure I seen people say this.

It has been known for a conditional green card to be issued when the CR-1 has been issued before the 2 year anniversary even though the person has arrived in the US after the 2 years. This seems to happen becasue they look at the visa type CR-1 and not the IR-1 you get if you were married more than 2 years when the visa was issued.

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-28 NOA

Timeline

I stand to be shot down in flames for this comment but I'm sure I seen people say this.

It has been known for a conditional green card to be issued when the CR-1 has been issued before the 2 year anniversary even though the person has arrived in the US after the 2 years. This seems to happen becasue they look at the visa type CR-1 and not the IR-1 you get if you were married more than 2 years when the visa was issued.

I am sure you are right and 30% of people get a conditional green card issued when it should be unconditional- however I will be ENTITLED to an unconditional and it will be a mistake, so i will spend 3 months sending it back for a correction and then filling in lots of forms about how i 'lost' it. In the meantime i wont be able to leave the country and i will lose the return leg of my ticket.. I am so resigned to all this junk now that I will be shocked if they manage to follow their own regulations and US immigration law and do it right

I am quite prepared for that, on the basis that if they can do it wrongly - they will- sods law operates at all times- thats why I told Carolyn that I would only go and live in the States on the basis of an unconditional green card so they cant keep screwing my life up and I don't need any contact with them for 10 years by which time I will be so senile I won't care anyway.

I will chat to the guy at POE and ask him if he can put a comment on the file to say we are married 2 years and ENTITLED to an unconditional - I am 99% sure he will roll his gum, shrug, and say he cant add a comment and its nothing to do with him ...

So yes I am braced for another fight to get my ENTITLEMENT which is an unconditional green card if I enter after we have been married two years. No confusion, no gray area, no discussion, no complications, no case law, no ifs, no buts - its an ENTITLEMENT and I will make them do it eventually...

I will be amazed if they do it correctly but the issued visa type is superceded by the marital status on the date at POE. Yes i am getting tetchy - the whole thing is getting to me now...

moresheep400100.jpg

No offense to the I-129F vets here (well, not much anyway) but I think its bullsh*t that people make up dates to push their interviews through. All that happens is that honest people who wait in line and don't LIE on their paperwork get pushed further down the que. I mean, ####### people??

I have my visa in hand now so most of the stress is over, but I waited a good three or four weeks longer than many people with similar timelines to get my interview scheduled. Thats because I wrote the TRUTH on my correspondence to the embassy (thats what you sign to say you have given) - that I hadn't scheduled a wedding date (remember being told not to schedule a date??). And you know what? I could've done with those extra few weeks so that I wouldn't have had to sit on my now unemployed ### for an extra month.

I hope the embassy turns round and asks one of you people for some evidence to back up your date claim - it might pursuade some people to be a little more honest.

1186153754421.jpg

...yeah, I wish!

Timeline:

December 06 - Filed I129F petition with California Service Center

March 07 - Received petition approval notice

April 07 - Applied for Police Certificate through West Midlands police

24 April 07 - Received Packet 3 from London Embassy

1 May 07 - Received receipt for Police Certificate

5 May 07 - Mailed DS-230 Part I, DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157 back to the Embassy

9 May 07 - London Embassy receives forms

9 May 07 - Medical at Bentinck Mansions

1 June 07 - Mailed document checklist

8 June 07 - Received Police Certificate (39 days from receipt)

15 June 07 - Touched by the Embassy

21 June 07 - Interview date confirmed as 10 August 07

22 June 07 - Received Packet 4

10 August 07 - Interview at London Embassy - APPROVED!

...wedding date is 3 September 07!

Timeline
No offense to the I-129F vets here (well, not much anyway) but I think its bullsh*t that people make up dates to push their interviews through. All that happens is that honest people who wait in line and don't LIE on their paperwork get pushed further down the que. I mean, ####### people??

I have my visa in hand now so most of the stress is over, but I waited a good three or four weeks longer than many people with similar timelines to get my interview scheduled. Thats because I wrote the TRUTH on my correspondence to the embassy (thats what you sign to say you have given) - that I hadn't scheduled a wedding date (remember being told not to schedule a date??). And you know what? I could've done with those extra few weeks so that I wouldn't have had to sit on my now unemployed ### for an extra month.

I hope the embassy turns round and asks one of you people for some evidence to back up your date claim - it might pursuade some people to be a little more honest.

I think if you read things a bit more carefully, that nobody is suggesting lying so your precious cherry tree is safe pilgrim.

I said I would mention that my wife will be unemployed and wanting to make sure that her resume didnt have a gap - that is 100% TRUE So I am afraid your resentment is down to your lack of basic comprehension when you read English.

Putting an emphasis on something which is true in order to get a better date is not lying !

We have been married 2 years already so whats all this junk about wedding dates ?

Get a brain cell before you fire off at people. See I can tick you off without all the low class ### that you use

moresheep400100.jpg

I think if you read things a bit more carefully, that nobody is suggesting lying so your precious cherry tree is safe pilgrim.

I said I would mention that my wife will be unemployed and wanting to make sure that her resume didnt have a gap - that is 100% TRUE So I am afraid your resentment is down to your lack of basic comprehension when you read English.

Putting an emphasis on something which is true in order to get a better date is not lying !

We have been married 2 years already so whats all this junk about wedding dates ?

Get a brain cell before you fire off at people. See I can tick you off without all the low class ### that you use

I wasn't specifically replying to you (hence no quotes) and I appreciate that your situation isn't as simple as just making up a date. However this idea of making up a date to push through an interview is a recurring theme in this and other, previous threads.

Just an opinion I needed to air. After all, I don't think a website such as VJ should be - to an extent - condoning such activity.

1186153754421.jpg

...yeah, I wish!

Timeline:

December 06 - Filed I129F petition with California Service Center

March 07 - Received petition approval notice

April 07 - Applied for Police Certificate through West Midlands police

24 April 07 - Received Packet 3 from London Embassy

1 May 07 - Received receipt for Police Certificate

5 May 07 - Mailed DS-230 Part I, DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157 back to the Embassy

9 May 07 - London Embassy receives forms

9 May 07 - Medical at Bentinck Mansions

1 June 07 - Mailed document checklist

8 June 07 - Received Police Certificate (39 days from receipt)

15 June 07 - Touched by the Embassy

21 June 07 - Interview date confirmed as 10 August 07

22 June 07 - Received Packet 4

10 August 07 - Interview at London Embassy - APPROVED!

...wedding date is 3 September 07!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.