aya*abouelnasr

Monday, Monday

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I used to HATE Mondays. But now, I actually don't mind them because that means another week down in getting my husband home. It just means the time is moving and his case is being processed!!!!

This weekend was nice. It was very low key. Needed some down time. My grandmother kept my little boy while I went to the movies. I was so giddy to have some time to myself, I almost skipped into the theatre. :lol:

I went to see "The Bourne Ultimatium". IT WAS FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tak a valium with ya to see this movie. It is action-packed!!!!!

I finally got "300"! WOW! That was some serious eye-candy! :lol: The blood splatter was a bit unneccessary and it didn't pack a story line like "The Gladiator" (my all time favorite movie), but like I said....the eye candy was fun to watch!

Tomorrow my husband and I are supposed to fly to Cancun.....

..... the hurricane should be arriving around the same time :unsure:

YIKES!!!!! Can you guys not postpone? Be careful!

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

M+S - how old is your daughter now? Our son is 8 months and in the last month I've gotten him to sleep all night. (he is bottle fed which might make a difference). He also eats babyfood and cereal. My oldest was sleeping through the night in his crib at 2 months. My husband was so paranoid with Khalil that it hadn't been that way. He wouldn't let him sleep in his own room and insisted that he sleep in our room, which only caused him to wake up all the time and inevidable sleep with us. Let's just say I got really tired with this situation even though I love him to death. So my oldest went on vacation to grandma's and I promptly moved the bed from our room to his own room, while Youssef whined about leaving him alone and he would be scared and what if something happened .....(baby monitor..). So the first night he was changed and fed and ready for bed and so I took him upstairs and put him down and he cried for a good 20 minutes and went right to sleep aaaand slept all night. wow amazing guess I did know what I was talking about! Now he's on a regular routine he doesn't cry when I put him in his bed, just goes to sleep and is sleeping all night (8-8:30-7), taking a nap or two during the day, eating better and spitting up less. I've heard this doesn't work for ALL babies but for most it does. Yes it is hard to hear them cry at first but he is much happier and healthier (really) now and so is our relationship. He also is less dependent on us, so we can leave him with the babysitter or just even alone to play by himself a little and he isn't always searching for us to comfort him when he cries. I hope this doesn't make me sound like a bad mom!!!

Hollyw ---- did your husband have to get a visa to go to mexico??? We were thinking about a cruise but didn't think we could with just a Green card and Moroccan passport??

Edited by AmeraMouttaki

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Amera- I don't think he would need a visa to go to Mexico. For Americans you just need your passport. I believe that with a greencard you are free to travel internationally.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

6bvx1qh.jpg

:crying:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Amera- I don't think he would need a visa to go to Mexico. For Americans you just need your passport. I believe that with a greencard you are free to travel internationally.

Actually that isnt true. Even if you have a greencard, there are several countries that still require you to get a visa. Many of the visa waivers only apply to US citizens. The visa requirements will depend on the passport you hold.

The reason I know is because I work with several engineers from India and they have greencards but they still need to get visas when they travel. They even need transit visas when they stopover in certain cities.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Actually that isnt true. Even if you have a greencard, there are several countries that still require you to get a visa. Many of the visa waivers only apply to US citizens. The visa requirements will depend on the passport you hold.

The reason I know is because I work with several engineers from India and they have greencards but they still need to get visas when they travel. They even need transit visas when they stopover in certain cities.

Yup. This site is helpful in determining whether a visa is needed:

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...rt_information/

Looks like a green card is sufficient for Mexico...

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
nevermind

LOL it was gone before I could reply :P

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Hollyw ---- did your husband have to get a visa to go to mexico??? We were thinking about a cruise but didn't think we could with just a Green card and Moroccan passport??

I think this has basically been answered, but, no, he didn't need to get a visa... good thing, because we're not going! we're going to call later this evening and cancel our reservations :crying: bummer!

we used the delta site and verified it here: http://www.sre.gob.mx/boston/

And thats right, residents can't travel everywhere we can.... my husband has to get a visa to go to Paris this winter.

Edited by hollyw

For my Monday outfit, Im sporting a lovely red face with a nice white outline in the shape of my sunglasses. I look like the product of a marriage betwixt raccoon and lobster. *Sigh* Suncream, anyone?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think this has basically been answered, but, no, he didn't need to get a visa... good thing, because we're not going! we're going to call later this evening and cancel our reservations :crying: bummer!

And thats right, residents can't travel everywhere we can.... my husband has to get a visa to go to Paris this winter.

Did you have trip insurance so you can get refunded? Most will refund due to things like hurricaines. I'm so sorry I know you were looking forward to this much needed vacation. Hopefully you can go somewhere else instead?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I should have said Mexico more specifically!!

Did you have trip insurance so you can get refunded? Most will refund due to things like hurricaines. I'm so sorry I know you were looking forward to this much needed vacation. Hopefully you can go somewhere else instead?

we DIDNT have trip insurance, but luckily it's turning into such a big hurricaine that expedia is going to refund us the entire amount... phew!

i think we'll go out and spend the week on martha's vineyard.... i mean, we're not hurtin' here ;)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I love Martha's Vineyard!!! I'll have to add that to my "to do" list for hubby and me since it's too boring for the kids to enjoy it. I also love Newport, RI which is on the list as well. All those mansions!!!!

Ok I'm totally skeeved out and itching like crazy over here. I changed my youngest daughter's sheets because the cat puked on them right before she went to bed. :wacko: THAT didn't skeeve me out though since she tends to huck up furballs once/day so I'm used to it. Anyways I was bending over to tuck the other side of the bedsheets in and I spotted a long lost stuffed bunny under the bed. I pulled it up from under the bed and it was covered in these things......kinda looked like it had been in a bunch of bushes or something. Upon closer inspection I noticed these were little shells that looked like skeletons!!!!! :blink: Must have been about 30 of them on it so I got her slippers out from under there as well and same thing!! :blink::blink::blink: I can't vaccuum it till this weekend since it involves moving heavy furniture, etc. but UGH. ####### was that??I"ve been googling dead bugs and empty larva and now I am soooo itcy all over !!! :crying:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

honestly Doodle..it kinda sounds like maggot casings.....we had a dead animal under our house and didnt know it and one morning i woke up and there was a few on the floor and then we go outside and there is some more ...thankfully we figured out why they were there before they overrun our house!!! this was like 7yrs ago now. i know what you are talkin about feelin icky......im not a bug person

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.