~Jess~

Saturday??

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Happy Saturday :dance: I am off work and dancin around. Yea I said it, I'm smiling and dancin. Bought a new CD for my car, a pink house for my fish to hide in. Oh and some killer black shoes with a HEEL! Can ya believe it? Chunky and black, kinda goth like. These may be the shoes for for the concert.

Hope you feel better doodle

Whats bstilla again? I should know this.

I think wine is icky. (I'm more of a Corona w/ lime and salt kinda girl) Don't ask me how I know.

Jackie (F)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say that I like wine very well either. I prefer margaritas or daqueries and yes even wine coolers. I just don't like the taste of alcohol. But haven't had a drop of any of it since my 21st birthday :crying: 7 years ago :crying:

The only comfort I've had lately is food and that has SOOOOOOO got to stop!!! I can not keep feeling like this or I'm gonna end up not being able to wear anything in my closet! I found an amazing mixture of seeds, raisins, and nuts at Wally World the other day and I can't keep my hands out of it. I don't remember the name but I DO remember it is in a purple bag. Yay for purple! :lol:

I think we're going to have a change of restaurants tomorrow. We've been going to Dimassis every Sunday for lunch but it is getting kind of old soooo I'm going to try to talk the hubster into going to Ryans. I reeeeeeally want a good steak. yum.

We got the movie 300 the other day and its toooootally not worth buying. Just a little over done to me. It was like LOTR without the story and jam packed into 1 hour of war scenes.

Anyone wanna come help me clean today?? I don't wanna move. *sigh*

hope everyone has a great day!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

and WOM- Please take care girl since it seems to be way worse on ur side of town. You are welcome to stay at my place if need be.

Amal that is so very sweet of you !!! :luv: We're ok -- my house is not in a low-lying area, and I don't take any chances when there's water over the road. Turn around, don't drown :yes:

Looks like Erin is about done with us, but now Dean is on the way. You and your husband are welcome to come to SA if Houston gets hammered -- we have a newly-painted spare bedroom ready and waiting !

(F) (F) (F)

-MK

Does Houston ever have to evacuate? How far inland do u have to be in order to be safe??? Thanks for the invite :) we may just have to take u up on it if Dean gets here full force.

ok ok so the pee thing was a bit much for some ppl. I, personally wouldn't comment on the hubsters pee habits coz FOR ME that is just a little too personal. BUT if someone else wants to talk about it...no worries. That is their choice and to each their own. I'm not going to talk bad or tell anybody they are bad for what they talk about. It is their choice to discuss it. Just coz they talk about it doesn't mean I have to do the same. It was a little bit uncomfortable for me but I'm not their mother to tell them they can't talk about things like that. I don't let stuff like that bother me.

On a side note.. When my oldest sister was about 2 or 3 years old and potty training she fell into the toilet coz the lid was up. She was a tiny little thing so when she fell in, the only part left of her that was sticking out of the toilet was her feet. Seat has been down ever since.

:thumbs: Love the website! :) The videos are wonderful and very entertaining! :pop: In fact, I'm still watching them.

We got the movie 300 the other day and its toooootally not worth buying.

I'm still waiting for it in my Netflix queue! It went from short wait right before it came out,to now it is a long wait. Maybe I should take it out all together because I do not like blood and gore. :no:

Hey thanks :thumbs: I haven't posted in it for a while coz I've been wayyyyyy too busy at work but I do hope to add to it soon. Yeah.. if you don't like blood and gore... you prolly won't like it. I thought it was unnecessarily graphic and they could have used a little bit less "splatter" when they stabbed ppl. That is just my opinion though.

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Why don't they have a hangover smiley? :dead: We tried 20 different wines and we only liked 2!

That's funny, cuz usually by the time I'm on the third or fourth, they all taste pretty good. :P

Well honestly I tried but there was just too many of those red wines giving us cat tounge. But out of the 13 reds we tried the best one was a $4 bottle from Trader Joes! 2005 Cab, coastal. AMAZING.

The second one we liked which was a white is called Menage a Trois which I'm not quite sure if that is appropriate to serve at a wedding :lol:

menage a trois is a great wine for the price. another good white that is $10 is courtney benham sauvignon blanc - that might be a good offering for a wedding. that and a chardonnay maybe?

Why don't they have a hangover smiley? :dead: We tried 20 different wines and we only liked 2!

This is the only cure that has ever worked for my hangovers.

155661283_6a5d929de8.jpg

(F)

That's funny, cuz usually by the time I'm on the third or fourth, they all taste pretty good. :P

Well honestly I tried but there was just too many of those red wines giving us cat tounge. But out of the 13 reds we tried the best one was a $4 bottle from Trader Joes! 2005 Cab, coastal. AMAZING.

The second one we liked which was a white is called Menage a Trois which I'm not quite sure if that is appropriate to serve at a wedding :lol:

Is that Trader Joe one the one we used to call "two buck chuck"? :unsure: I wonder if inflation got to it and now it's $4?

MMMMM doodle you read my mind and I LOVE eggs benedict! Its not the 2 buck chuck (its still 2 bucks!), these are actually coastal wines and someone told me you can only get them in California but I'm not sure if its true. I'm not really a cab fan but this one was great!!!

is two buck chuck any good? i live in PA so they dont sell wine at the trader joes here - we have state stores - UGH! i cant imagine a two dollar bottle of wine being drinkable - is it?!

Timeline
I'm trying my hand at making chicken b'stilla today! :help::blink: Hope it comes out good!

how did it turn out? i always make the "chicken bisteeya" recipe on foodtv.com it is emerils recipe. i think it is so amazing. everytime i make it for a dinner party people rave and rave and go nuts over it. i have served it to moroccans and they felt it was authentic - it is a sure thing and turns out every time. i do use more layers of phyllo then he calls for - and i also add toasted pine nuts inside, i forget if that is part of the recipe or just something that i do. i love pine nuts.

I'm trying my hand at making chicken b'stilla today! :help::blink: Hope it comes out good!

how did it turn out? i always make the "chicken bisteeya" recipe on foodtv.com it is emerils recipe. i think it is so amazing. everytime i make it for a dinner party people rave and rave and go nuts over it. i have served it to moroccans and they felt it was authentic - it is a sure thing and turns out every time. i do use more layers of phyllo then he calls for - and i also add toasted pine nuts inside, i forget if that is part of the recipe or just something that i do. i love pine nuts.

edited to say that my husband is a moroccan jew - and he loves the bisteeya that i make - but he had never heard of bisteeya until i made it? :unsure:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

link puleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.... :whistle:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/re...tml?rsrc=search

edited to add: you'll probably want to use chicken rather than pigeon, unless you just love pigeon of course.

Edited by sarah and hicham

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's not finished yet... I'll update later. I just finished making the "insides" of it and it tastes yummy. Everything else is ready to be made, just waiting till later so it's fresh when the hubby wakes up & is ready for dinner. These graveyard shifts for him suk for me! :whistle: Anyhow, I'm going to run out shopping for window treatments (woohoo... how exciting!) and finish it when I come back later.

I looked at many recipes, but ended up trying to make one out of "Cooking @ the Kasbah" by Kitty Morse. Funny you mention your husband is Moroccan Jewish - the preserved lemons I make are what my husband calls the "Moroccan Jewish kind". We both love them!!! The other kind sounds so plain.

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline
Happy Saturday :dance: I am off work and dancin around. Yea I said it, I'm smiling and dancin. Bought a new CD for my car, a pink house for my fish to hide in. Oh and some killer black shoes with a HEEL! Can ya believe it? Chunky and black, kinda goth like. These may be the shoes for for the concert.

Hope you feel better doodle

Whats bstilla again? I should know this.

I think wine is icky. (I'm more of a Corona w/ lime and salt kinda girl) Don't ask me how I know.

Jackie (F)

It's yummy chicken in phyllo pastry... images are kinda small - sorry

Edited by ME~n~HIM

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline

edited to add: you'll probably want to use chicken rather than pigeon, unless you just love pigeon of course.

this recipe is totally different than what I used.....

BJsTm6.png

Timeline

dont let the three stars deter u its fabulous

i dont know if i did the link right if not sorry. fedding baby w bottle in left hand, typing w right and by 4 yr old in my ear

sorry !!! i use chicken thighs and legs vs. pigeon as i wouldnt know where to get it!!!

It's not finished yet... I'll update later. I just finished making the "insides" of it and it tastes yummy. Everything else is ready to be made, just waiting till later so it's fresh when the hubby wakes up & is ready for dinner. These graveyard shifts for him suk for me! :whistle: Anyhow, I'm going to run out shopping for window treatments (woohoo... how exciting!) and finish it when I come back later.

I looked at many recipes, but ended up trying to make one out of "Cooking @ the Kasbah" by Kitty Morse. Funny you mention your husband is Moroccan Jewish - the preserved lemons I make are what my husband calls the "Moroccan Jewish kind". We both love them!!! The other kind sounds so plain.

lol i make the plain ones!!!! but the ones w spices are good.... bay leaf etc.....

menage a trois is a great wine for the price. another good white that is $10 is courtney benham sauvignon blanc - that might be a good offering for a wedding. that and a chardonnay maybe?

This is the only cure that has ever worked for my hangovers.

155661283_6a5d929de8.jpg

(F)

Is that Trader Joe one the one we used to call "two buck chuck"? :unsure: I wonder if inflation got to it and now it's $4?

MMMMM doodle you read my mind and I LOVE eggs benedict! Its not the 2 buck chuck (its still 2 bucks!), these are actually coastal wines and someone told me you can only get them in California but I'm not sure if its true. I'm not really a cab fan but this one was great!!!

is two buck chuck any good? i live in PA so they dont sell wine at the trader joes here - we have state stores - UGH! i cant imagine a two dollar bottle of wine being drinkable - is it?!

Thanks for that tip I will have to try that other $10 wine! The 2 buck chuck is wonderful, I wouldnt serve at a wedding but its great for home and entertaining.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline
lol i make the plain ones!!!! but the ones w spices are good.... bay leaf etc.....

I just posted my Preserved Lemons recipe in the "Sultan's Kitchen" thread up top. :thumbs:

BJsTm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.