jarl

feel hard to find job

10 posts in this topic

I am in central texas i felt hard to find job here. everything in the internet website i sign up in order i can hunt job...then nothing no one call with me....

ohhh gushhh please help me to find job i am so tired staying at home....

jarl

Edited by jarl

04/08/2013 received NOA1 1-130 FOR PARENT

????????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't give up. You will find that perfect job when the right one comes along.

It took me 4 months to find my first job in the U.S. I have actually found the local newspaper to be the best source of jobs for me. I applied for a lot online, but didn't get anywhere near the responses that I got from answering ads in the newspaper.

I found Craigslist very good. It's simple to get into the area where you live.

Good luck with the job search..... and in the meantime, enjoy your time off. At least it's summer and the best time to be not working.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

I am in central texas i felt hard to find job here. everything in the internet website i sign up in order i can hunt job...then nothing no one call with me....

jarl

hi jarl! I suggest you establish some connection (like in church or any organization you like) to help you on your job hunting. I have no work for months too (it's been 4 mos. since I got here) and I feel bored for most of the time. I was able to find some job listings in craiglist too. I found this mom's website affiliated in our church hiring childcare workers, I applied and will attend the interview next week.

You can also have some continuing education classes or ROP classes near your area to keep you busy (to have connections too)....they are tuition free and have flexible schedules too...who knows, you might get a job from the people you meet.

hope this helps....god bless on your job hunting...

CITIZENSHIP

May 2010------------------------------Citizenship

August 2010---------------------------Approved

September 2010------------------------ Oath taking :)

Removing Conditions

June 5, 2009---------------------------Mailed I-751 Application

August 15, 2009---------------------- APPROVED (Thank God!)

AOS JOURNEY

May 9, 2007---------------------------AOS & EAD documents sent via USPS Registered Mail

August 27, 2007------------------------ AOS INTERVIEW APPROVED!

FIANCE VISA

April 30, 2006 ---------------Sent I-129F to CSC

March 12, 2007-------------------INTERVIEW (APPROVED!)

April 20, 2007 ----------------------- Wedding

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.. Heb. 11:1

Thank you to fellow VJers who helped me through this process. I wish you all the best life ahead. Maraming salamat sa inyong lahat :)

jarl

Jarl,

Where in central texas are you?

Do you have any skills? You might try a local recuriter if so otherwise, like Claudeth, you will probably have to start at the bottom. She tried working in the kitchen at the Hyatt and a sales person at Sears but neither of those worked out so she has tried clothing stores at the mall. The pay isn't so good but she is able to help her family.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

It really depends on what level of job you are looking for & what kind of experience/education you got(entry level, experience profesional, etc), what kind of field (finance/accounting, IT, etc), time of year (end of year is usually less opening unless for replacement for office job, but plenty on retail due to holidays), etc.

Good luck !

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

took me around 4 months to get a job. Found monster, DICE.com (if u are in IT), hotjobs and craigslist.com. I would also recommend going to a temp agency, my wife registered with one and got at least a few days a week and then eventually got a full time job and ended up getting employed by the company and got benefits

Sent AOS, EAD - 3/27/07

NOA1 for AOS and EAD - 4/03/07

Checks cashed - 4/04/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/06/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/09/07

RFE for AOS - 04/26/07

return RFE - 06/20/07

EAD approved - 07/07/07

AOS transfered to CSC - 07/10/07

AOS approved - 08/10/07

Welcome letter arrived - 08/18/07

Green card arrive - 08/18/07

Apply for stolen green card 07/12/09

Apply for I-751 09/31/09

I-751 rejected due to late filling

Resubmit with a letter explaining tardiness 10/01/09

NOA1 - 10/17/09

No BioMetrics

Approval 12/4/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I live in East Texas in a tiny little town with 2000++ population. Just got my green card last month and Im still looking for a job! One of the things you need to consider is that in these towns, having the ability to drive is a big plus. So that is one thing that I am looking into and hopefully will be able to do.

Ive searched for some work at home jobs and one area you might want to look into is home call center agent. You can look at WAHM.com site where they list legitimate call center companies that hire work at home people. Ive just recently applied at one called WEST, did the automated interview this morning and now waiting for some feedback.

If you are accepted, you go through some training, tests etc before you can start to get calls. All the training are done online so you need not leave the comfort of your home.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
It really depends on what level of job you are looking for & what kind of experience/education you got(entry level, experience profesional, etc), what kind of field (finance/accounting, IT, etc), time of year (end of year is usually less opening unless for replacement for office job, but plenty on retail due to holidays), etc.

Good luck !

:thumbs: All these factors come into play. A lot depends on one's English too.

Edited by Jewel12

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.