11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:( I can hardly even breathe, why put the waiver on the "completed" list and it not be approved....what a total bunch of B>S! :devil: Please help Allan thru this with all your gracious support....Thank you! Georgie XxX

I am very sorry to hear this. I do know the feeling so well... not being able to breathe. I was visiting tom when we got the denial letter. We literally sat numb on the sofa for hours. It all felt so surreal. Sometimes it still does. When we were going through the process there was no list. The letter just appeared one day... 13 weeks after we submitted the forms. I believe "completed" just means that they have finished and have made their decision. No way to know at that point what the decision is.

It truly is inhumane what they put us all through and that someone who doesn't know us and doesn't care about us can control our lives to such an extent. I hope you can work out another plan. We are living here in the UK now. I desperately miss my kids and grandkids but that's the way it is. The alternative would be worse. I don't know your case at all so I don't know if you plan to appeal or if you should. We felt that in our case it would be pointless and we didn't want to waste any more time waiting and waiting for what would most likely be the same result. What I would like to do is try to work things out so that at least we can visit the usa together one day.

mary

Tom (London)   Mary (Michigan)

Sept. 2003 - meet online, become friends

May 2004 - we have grown close

Nov. 2004 - Tom books a flight to Michigan for Jan. 2005

Jan. 17, 2005 - first meeting at the Detroit Airport, 16 days together!

Feb. 2. 2005 - Tom returns to London. We start investigating our options

April 7, 2005 - Tom arrives for another visit.

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

April 26, 2005 - K1 sent to Nebrasksa. Tom flies back to London :(

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

June 14, 2005 - Tom returns to the USA:)

July 5, 2005 - Tom goes back to London :(

July 25, 2005 - NOA2 email- waited 3 months

Aug. 22, 2005 - Tom receives Packet 3

Sept. 6, 2005 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

Oct. 20, 2005 - medical in London -booked 7 weeks earlier!

Nov. 9, 2005 - email embassy - have we have been forgotten?

Nov. 15, 2005 - Mary flies to London (Brixton) for 12 weeks

Nov. 18, 2005 - embassy replies to email, date assigned

Nov. 22, 2005 - Packet 4 received

Nov. 25, 2005 - interview in London - DENIED :(

Nov. 30, 2005 - mailed waiver

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 3, 2006 - WAIVER DENIED :(

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

May 10th - Mary returns to USA - torn apart again

June 27, 2006 - Mary receives UK fiance visa

July 31,2006 - Mary sells house in USA

Sept. 1, 2006 - Mary moves to UK

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:( I can hardly even breathe, why put the waiver on the "completed" list and it not be approved....what a total bunch of B>S! :devil: Please help Allan thru this with all your gracious support....Thank you! Georgie XxX

I am down but not out,I and my darling wife intend to go all the way. :thumbs: It was denied because our hardship letter was not strong enough,if we had been here before we put the hardship letters in we would have done it properly,we are now doing it the way we should have done.. I was so depressed I felt like chucking it all in,they even have the audacity to enclose an appeal form asking for $385 to appeal,how low can you go when rejecting something that two ppl have there hearts set on,they break them and ask for more money,that further enhances the proof that revenue is their priority and I would go as far to say that they know the results of any case before the money is handed over,this is the case here,that to me is fraud,and to think of the many thousands of ppl who pay for their entry into the US,or denials,they know the vast majority of outcomes before they take the fee. However I and my wife are swinging into battle mode and intend to take this all the way,she is a wonderful person who`s spirit has lifted the gloom out of me and made me strong again. I do not how anyone can define seperation not being a hardship,in fact in my letter they say it is merely a form of inconvenience,obviously written by a singleton or a person who goes home every night to see his/her loved one. I am fine now and have got over the disappointment and as real love has only came along once in my life I believe that it is worth fighting,we shall be together and we will beat the red tape. Good luck to everyone else in their quest for happiness. (L)

I am down but not out,I and my darling wife intend to go all the way. :thumbs: It was denied because our hardship letter was not strong enough,if we had been here before we put the hardship letters in we would have done it properly,we are now doing it the way we should have done.. I was so depressed I felt like chucking it all in,they even have the audacity to enclose an appeal form asking for $385 to appeal,how low can you go when rejecting something that two ppl have there hearts set on,they break them and ask for more money,that further enhances the proof that revenue is their priority and I would go as far to say that they know the results of any case before the money is handed over,this is the case here,that to me is fraud,and to think of the many thousands of ppl who pay for their entry into the US,or denials,they know the vast majority of outcomes before they take the fee. However I and my wife are swinging into battle mode and intend to take this all the way,she is a wonderful person who`s spirit has lifted the gloom out of me and made me strong again. I do not how anyone can define seperation not being a hardship,in fact in my letter they say it is merely a form of inconvenience,obviously written by a singleton or a person who goes home every night to see his/her loved one. I am fine now and have got over the disappointment and as real love has only came along once in my life I believe that it is worth fighting,we shall be together and we will beat the red tape. Good luck to everyone else in their quest for happiness. (L)

Hi Skysunset and Wifey

I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear this. This is really a hard one to swollow. :(

Will tell you that when we should go through this d.. extra process we took a lawyer since he knew all about how to put together those hardship letters.

We were very afraid to do it ourself from the beginning.

I know that this is very expensive, but if it is possible for you I think you should consider to take a lawyer and help you out with better hardship letters.

I hope so much that you won't loose your hope's. It's always a good thing that they suggest you to appeal.

The worst thing is really that you still have to wait and this time it may be a little longer.

Many hugs and good wishes to you both

Anette (F)

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

03-07-07 Anette arrived in San Diego on a K-1 Visa

04-04-07 Married in Las Vegas

lovebirds.gif

AOS

06-01-07 Mailed AOS/AP to NBC

06-12-07 Recieved NOA by mail for AOS

07-10-07 Biometric appointment for AOS

08-03-07 AOS touched after they recieved RFE

08-14-07 Approval notice on AP is sent

08-18-07 Approval notice on AP recieved

09-07-07 Recieved Interview date by mail

10-23-07 AOS Interview / Approved

10-24-07 Card production ordered

10-29-07 Welcome Letter recieved

11-02-07 Greencard recieved

Remove Condition

08-05-09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

08-10-09 NOA1 Receipt date

08-15-09 Recieved NOA1 by mail

08-20-09 Recieved BIO date by mail

09-04-09 Biometric Appointment

09-08-09 Touch

11-25-09 Card production ordered

12-03-09 Approval Letter recieved

12-04-09 Greencard recieved

My husband and I were also denied, after being apart for 5 years, he was deported in 2002, we were approved for the K-3 and the I-130 and waited 2 years to gat an answer on waivers. My husband and I are truly in love, a really special love. How can someone who does not even know us, decide our life or our future? We will appeal and by the way the appeal forms are now $585.00 not $385.00, they just went up at the end of July. All this is so stupid.

Ayesha

GOT MARRIED IN PAKISTAN 11-30-2003

FILED I-130 ON 02-2004

RECEIVED NOA 02-3-2004

FILED K-3 ON 03-04

RECEIVED NOA 03-16-2004

RFE 09-23-04

RECEIVED RFE RESPONSE 10-06-2004

RECEIVED NOA-2 10-25-2004 WITH APPROVAL!

RECEIVED LETTER FROM NVC WITH CASE # 10-29-04

HUSBAND CALLED ISLAMABAD, INT. APPT. ON JAN. 27, 2005

ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW COMPLETED ON JULY 27, 2005

FILED WAIVERS (I-601 & I-212) 8-15-05

I-130 APPROVED ON 8-15-05

glitter_maker_08_11_2007_10_01_16_79960.gif

Timeline

Hi Skysunset and Wifey

I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear this. This is really a hard one to swollow. :(

Will tell you that when we should go through this d.. extra process we took a lawyer since he knew all about how to put together those hardship letters.

We were very afraid to do it ourself from the beginning.

I know that this is very expensive, but if it is possible for you I think you should consider to take a lawyer and help you out with better hardship letters.

I hope so much that you won't loose your hope's. It's always a good thing that they suggest you to appeal.

The worst thing is really that you still have to wait and this time it may be a little longer.

Many hugs and good wishes to you both

Anette (F)

Many Thanks Anette for your kind words,we are not going to use a letter,my wife has a very good strategy in progress at the moment and we are just going to bombard the embassy with all necessary evidence of hardship and give it a real go,our first hardship letter was so weak they saw right through it,this time its gonna be as watertight as the proverbial ducks butt,now is not the time for lawyers we could end up picking a right duffer,we have loads of support from Georgie friends and family who cant believe what their own government is doing and who are rallying around us,I was going to walk away when I got the news but now i have reloaded and am goin to fight on to the end...I will get here eventually,I am positive :thumbs:

Timeline
My husband and I were also denied, after being apart for 5 years, he was deported in 2002, we were approved for the K-3 and the I-130 and waited 2 years to gat an answer on waivers. My husband and I are truly in love, a really special love. How can someone who does not even know us, decide our life or our future? We will appeal and by the way the appeal forms are now $585.00 not $385.00, they just went up at the end of July. All this is so stupid.

Ayesha

I am so sorry for you two and I can safely say that I know your pain,but you will get through it with the deep mutual love that you and your partner have,honestly I felt like goin down and hunting down the numpty of an adjudicator who decided that years of seperation and rivers of tears do not qualify for extreme hardship but is merely an in convenience..it is so morally wrong. My wife and her friends even her dad who worked in immigration as a high ranking officer cant believe that their country do this to people and we have their full support. Good Luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am sorry to hear all this. I wish you well.

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ayesha

I am so sorry for you two and I can safely say that I know your pain,but you will get through it with the deep mutual love that you and your partner have,honestly I felt like goin down and hunting down the numpty of an adjudicator who decided that years of seperation and rivers of tears do not qualify for extreme hardship but is merely an in convenience..it is so morally wrong. My wife and her friends even her dad who worked in immigration as a high ranking officer cant believe that their country do this to people and we have their full support. Good Luck

Hi there,

I am so sorry that your waiver was denied. What these people in the Embassy think about when they are processing these cases God only knows, but they can be nothing other than cold and heartless human beings. Here we all are trying to make amends and follow all their long drawn out procedures and yet all they do is keep kicking us where it hurts. How do they sleep at night!

Good luck with all your efforts with appeal.

Nick

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

my prayers go out to you as well

as I sit waiting for adjudication of my own waivers, I cant help but think, why is it, that after going thru I-130,name checks,I-129, NVC, consular interview, you finally have to file a form requesting permission to re-apply for admission?

Isn't that what we have been doing for the past year?

and after all the processing, it comes down to a discretionary decision by someone who never see's us

whats up with that?

I agree with the view that seperation and financial difficulties do constitute hardship

obviously whoever wrote that little gem into the act never had someone to care for

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.