Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MattyUK said:

A summary should just list any long term or ongoing medical ailments for example asthma or eczema, and also any hospital admissions. Mine listed 2 nasal surgeries and a broken ankle I suffered years ago. 

Thats it!

Thanks, @MattyUK. What if I have no long term ailments... do I still need this summary?

49 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Thanks, @MattyUK. What if I have no long term ailments... do I still need this summary?

If you have no long term ailments your summary will just be very very short! It won't be a problem either way. Technically your summary may say 'nothing to report'.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, MattyUK said:

3 MMR? As far as I'm aware MMR is a 2 part vaccine, the second being 4 weeks after the first. 

I had my MMR jab done at my regular doctor free of charge on the morning of the medical examination. The nurse said this was fine and I have since had my second jab done at my doctors surgery. 

If they waiver any vacinnation such as the second MMR shot due to insufficient time or whatever, they print an annotation on your visa with the code 212 (g) (2) (b). When the immigration officer sees this annotation he will see that a vaccination has been waivered. This will coincide with the medical report which will be enclosed in your sealed immigrant packet. 

IMG_8574.JPG

Sorry - my bad! I blame the late hour of my writing for the mistake :) It was actually three doses of "Td containing vaccines" for "adults with an unknown or incomplete history", which consists of "the first two doses administered at least 4 weeks apart and the third does 6 to 12 months after the second".

2 hours ago, VisaDJ said:

Sorry - my bad! I blame the late hour of my writing for the mistake :) It was actually three doses of "Td containing vaccines" for "adults with an unknown or incomplete history", which consists of "the first two doses administered at least 4 weeks apart and the third does 6 to 12 months after the second".

That's correct, basically you need a history of having 3 Tetanus in your lifetime thus far. Even if you had them when you were younger but can not prove it due to no record available, they say it is safe to have them again.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, MattyUK said:

If they waiver any vacinnation such as the second MMR shot due to insufficient time or whatever, they print an annotation on your visa with the code 212 (g) (2) (b). When the immigration officer sees this annotation he will see that a vaccination has been waivered. This will coincide with the medical report which will be enclosed in your sealed immigrant packet. 

212(g)(2)(B) is fairly common. To satisfy immigration requirements, you only need those vaccinations that are age appropriate (for most adults, that's just DTaP/Tdap, MMR, and flu in season). If you don't have records that show you have the other vaccinations, you'll get approved with 212(g)(2)(B) waiver.

A quick question now that you need to take along medical summary does it need to list every ailment or appointment you've had at Doctors 

1 hour ago, Gary JT said:

A quick question now that you need to take along medical summary does it need to list every ailment or appointment you've had at Doctors 

Noooo of course not. They don't care that you had a cold in 1995 and once caught your willy in your zipper.  But seriously, the summary that they produce will list any hospitalisations, and any ongoing medical conditions (high blood pressure, asthma, haemorrhoids) and that is it.  Mine had a list of 5 things, 2 sinus operations, a broken ankle, asthma and eczema.  

Nothing to worry about. 

Edited by MattyUK

7 minutes ago, MattyUK said:

Noooo of course not. They don't care that you had a cold in 1995 and once caught your willy in your zipper.  But seriously, the summary that they produce will list any hospitalisations, and any ongoing medical conditions (high blood pressure, asthma, haemorrhoids) and that is it.  Mine had a list of 5 things, 2 sinus operations, a broken ankle, asthma and eczema.  

Nothing to worry about. 

Omg 😲 😂😂 I've never caught my willy in my zipper 😂😂😂😂I needed that laugh 

Timeline
19 hours ago, MattyUK said:

Nothing to worry about. 

My GP summary didn't mention any surgeries that I'd had in the past (i've had a few), which I was a little worried about, but the doctor at the medical didn't ask anything about previous hospitalisations (other than relating to mental health).

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 11:00 AM, VisaDJ said:

My GP summary didn't mention any surgeries that I'd had in the past (i've had a few), which I was a little worried about, but the doctor at the medical didn't ask anything about previous hospitalisations (other than relating to mental health).

Hey there dont suppose you know roughly how long the current wait time is to get an appointment at Knightsbridge? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hannah and JamesW said:

Hey there dont suppose you know roughly how long the current wait time is to get an appointment at Knightsbridge? 

I called at the start of the week (about 6 weeks ago) and they had availability just a day or two later. I ended up taking a slot the following week, just so I had enough time to gather the relevant documents. It seemed as though they were very flexible.

30 minutes ago, VisaDJ said:

I called at the start of the week (about 6 weeks ago) and they had availability just a day or two later. I ended up taking a slot the following week, just so I had enough time to gather the relevant documents. It seemed as though they were very flexible.

Oh cool, what documents did you need to collect? Cheers 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Hannah and JamesW said:

Oh cool, what documents did you need to collect? Cheers 

You can check various other threads on here for confirmation, but off the top of my head I remember taking:

- NOA2

- Passport

- 4 x Passport photos

- Police Certificate

- GP Medical Summary

- Vaccination history / summary

- Knightsbridge Doctors forms (which they provide after you book)

• 4 weeks later...

Husband just finished his medical and here is his report:

Checked in, gave paperwork to receptionist. Was given the second medical questionnaire and bottle for urine sample. Did his urine sample (very swanky bathrooms) and then filled in the paperwork. Was called in for chest X-ray within 5 minutes. Very friendly tech, super nice and chatty. Got dressed and returned to waiting room. Seen by female doctor for the medical. She had read his questionnaire and medical summary prior, as she straight away went through questions. He has some mental health history, so she questioned a few points on this, but he said it never felt like "grilling", just a few clarification points. She was interested in his diagnosis as it was relatively late in life, though she seemed satisfied with his response that he didn't seek help until 2009.

She then went through the medications, remarking that she'd never heard of the one he was taking for mental health and that was interesting to know. She then did the physical exam. He does have some self-harm scars (GP letter talks about this), but she didn't really seem too interested or bothered...didn't ask what made him harm or the circumstances. He said she was more interested in his tattoos than the scars!  All physical stuff was fine, she went through it pretty quickly and efficiently. His impression was pretty positive, though she didn't give too much away in her demeanor or questioning. She didn't ask or allude to using alcohol/drugs in connection with his mental health, ask about suicidal ideations or hospitalizations. She didn't seem to dig much beyond the surface, which we take as a good sign she was satisfied with the letters & his statements.

Got dressed, went back into waiting room. He was called in to get an MMR as they weren't satisfied with his 1980s NHS yellow card, lol. I reckon he could've quibbled this, as it's pretty obvious he had the full MMR as a baby, but I had told him not to argue for the sake of £50. (his current GP did not have an official vaccination record, so we were hoping the little card would be sufficient...) he said the nurse was also extremely nice & friendly.

Went back to reception. Paid £350. Was told they would forward his info onto the embassy and call if "there were any issues with the X-ray or blood". All in all, they gave a positive impression that they wouldn't need more information or refer to psychiatrist. However, it only happened today and I know they can call you several days later, so I'll update here accordingly if they do come back wanting anything else.

For reference, my husband took in a brief letter from his GP covering his physical health history, very brief statement about mental health & self-harm incident and the "not likely to be harm to self or others, etc" sentence. He also had a letter from his CMHS therapist & appointed pysch that also had the magic phrase and few paragraph recommendation about his condition, that he was doing well, positive outlook, etc.

I am the USC, my husband is a UKC. IR-1 via DCF London.

3/24/2017: I-130 packet sent

3/28/2017: NOA1 date

5/19/2017: NOA2 date (received 5/25)

6/14/2017: LND number received

6/27/2017: medical booked

6/29/2017: Knightsbridge call that needs to come back for 2nd chest x-ray

6/30/2017: 2nd chest x-ray

7/3/2017: Knightsbridge call to confirm x-ray was clear

7/5/2017: interview booked - approved in principle pending receipt of medical

7/6/2017: status changed to Issued

7/09/2017: e-mail from courier that it had been received from embassy

7/10/2017: courier delivered

future:

8/8/2017: POE Denver In'tl Airport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.