Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Yes, he has all of his shots and records already.

Do you know how long it generally takes to be sent out and "ready". Or is that one of the many ever changing time frames?

Not sure about exactly how it is going right now, but normally--

In and out of NVC in 3 days

4 days to get to London via DHL

London does not have your case logged in the day it gets dropped off at the mail site. When somebody in the Immigrant Visa Unit actually sets up your case file, they send a letter saying they are ready for you to begin applying for the visa.

Not really sure what generates "ready" on CEAC. Is is somebody actually opening the DHL parcel in London or is it the computer when the electronic file transfers.

Most assume that a "ready" is a safe time to start.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Not sure about exactly how it is going right now, but normally--

In and out of NVC in 3 days

4 days to get to London via DHL

London does not have your case logged in the day it gets dropped off at the mail site. When somebody in the Immigrant Visa Unit actually sets up your case file, they send a letter saying they are ready for you to begin applying for the visa.

Not really sure what generates "ready" on CEAC. Is is somebody actually opening the DHL parcel in London or is it the computer when the electronic file transfers.

Most assume that a "ready" is a safe time to start.

Great! Thanks for the info!

K1
09.25.2014: I-129f Sent
05.26.2015: Interview - Approved
06.09.2015: US Entry

AOS
09.23.2015: Sent AOS, EAD and AP Packet

05.17.2016: Interview - Approved

05.27.2016: Green Card Received

ROC
03.20.2018: Sent ROC Packet

03.22.2018: Received at VSC

04.02.2018: Received NOA1

05.12.2018: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

05.24.2018: Biometrics Appointment

Hello all

I'm due to schedule my medical soon and I have a couple of concerns. Firstly, I am overweight - will this cause me problems in passing the medical? Secondly, I've been taking an anti-anxiety medication for about a year or so, which has massively helped me with panic attacks. I've also had high BP - partly due to the anxiety I just mentioned and partly due to hereditary BP issues that go as far back in my maternal family as anyone can remember. I don't have to take any BP medication to control it but I do definitely suffer from 'white coat syndrome' and I hate having to go to London as I find it very stressful.

Am I likely to have problems with my medical?

Grateful for any advice (or reassurance!)

I-130 petition mailed (DCF) - Feb 6, 2015

NOA1 received - Feb 10, 2015

RFE received - Mar 13, 2015

RFE reply sent - Mar 14, 2015

NOA2 received - Mar 20, 2015

LND Number received - April 8, 2015

Booked medical - April 9, 2015

Packet 3 returned - April 11, 2015

Medical - April 20, 2015

Packet 4 received - April 29, 2015

Interview - May 29, 2015: APPROVED!

POE Dallas Fort Worth - June 10, 2015

Moved from Lake Texoma to Austin, TX - June 29, 2015

Got TX Drivers License - July 9, 2015

Hello all

I'm due to schedule my medical soon and I have a couple of concerns. Firstly, I am overweight - will this cause me problems in passing the medical? Secondly, I've been taking an anti-anxiety medication for about a year or so, which has massively helped me with panic attacks. I've also had high BP - partly due to the anxiety I just mentioned and partly due to hereditary BP issues that go as far back in my maternal family as anyone can remember. I don't have to take any BP medication to control it but I do definitely suffer from 'white coat syndrome' and I hate having to go to London as I find it very stressful.

Am I likely to have problems with my medical?

Grateful for any advice (or reassurance!)

Overweight--they may give you a telling off for your health, but no problem as far as visa. Just depends on the doctor.

BP- somebody posted once about ways to get your best reading. One was be very hydrated so drink lots of water a few days leading up to it. If it's high, they will re-do later after you have done other things and are a bit more relaxed. If you know it is always high, you can take a report or letter written by your GP saying it is monitored and he does not recommend BP meds at this time. Otherwise they will likely prepare something they want your doctor to comment on before they clear you. That will be a delay for you. Some have had to go back to their GP and have their BP checked a few times, then GP writes "it's check out normal at my office." Anyway if your GP can address the issue in writing before you go, then no delay waiting to do it after. I guess it depends if it is always high and your doctor knows about it and will say it is fine.

Anxiety meds--definitely an issue for passing the mental health aspect. For sure take in a report/letter as mentioned above. It needs to say what condition you are treated for, symptoms, how long, medication prescribed...a general summary from a doctor who knows you because the Knightsbridfe doctor can't evaluate all that in one short appointment. But the most important thing your GP's statement needs to say is you "have never been a threat to yourself or others" and he doesn't foresee you becoming one in the future. Those are the magic words that will clear you. People who have scars from slicing their wrists and arms have been cleared. They just want a written medical opinion to back them up that your are okay to be cleared. But do tell your GP that the wording needs to say not a threat to yourself or others.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Overweight--they may give you a telling off for your health, but no problem as far as visa. Just depends on the doctor.

BP- somebody posted once about ways to get your best reading. One was be very hydrated so drink lots of water a few days leading up to it. If it's high, they will re-do later after you have done other things and are a bit more relaxed. If you know it is always high, you can take a report or letter written by your GP saying it is monitored and he does not recommend BP meds at this time. Otherwise they will likely prepare something they want your doctor to comment on before they clear you. That will be a delay for you. Some have had to go back to their GP and have their BP checked a few times, then GP writes "it's check out normal at my office." Anyway if your GP can address the issue in writing before you go, then no delay waiting to do it after. I guess it depends if it is always high and your doctor knows about it and will say it is fine.

Anxiety meds--definitely an issue for passing the mental health aspect. For sure take in a report/letter as mentioned above. It needs to say what condition you are treated for, symptoms, how long, medication prescribed...a general summary from a doctor who knows you because the Knightsbridfe doctor can't evaluate all that in one short appointment. But the most important thing your GP's statement needs to say is you "have never been a threat to yourself or others" and he doesn't foresee you becoming one in the future. Those are the magic words that will clear you. People who have scars from slicing their wrists and arms have been cleared. They just want a written medical opinion to back them up that your are okay to be cleared. But do tell your GP that the wording needs to say not a threat to yourself or others.

Thanks @Nich-Nick. I just called my GP practice and they said they can provide a 'To Whom it may Concern' letter for 20 pounds (this visa is getting ridiculously expensive!) I've mostly had anxiety due to being separated from my husband plus a very stressful job so at my last review meeting with the GP she suggested I start coming off them - but with all the potential stress of this visa process I opted to wait a while!

Edited by SCOTTANDVICKI

Medical - April 20, 2015

Thanks @Nich-Nick. I just called my GP practice and they said they can provide a 'To Whom it may Concern' letter for 20 pounds (this visa is getting ridiculously expensive!) I've mostly had anxiety due to being separated from my husband plus a very stressful job so at my last review meeting with the GP she suggested I start coming off them - but with all the potential stress of this visa process I opted to wait a while!

Yup, £1577 and counting >_<. You'll be fine if you do as Nich has said :). Good luck!

Citizenship Process Timeline: 

Citizenship Process [1 year, 1 month and 1 day to Naturalization Certificate]

03.22.2020 - N400 sent (online)

03.22.2020 - NOA1 Received (online)

03.27.2020 - NOA1 Received (mail)

09.05.2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled (online)

09.24.2020 - Biometrics appointment

02.02.2021 - Interview Scheduled (online)

02.06.2021 - Interview Letter Received (mail)

03.10.2021 - Interview - Approved

03.10.2021 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled (online)

03.16.2021 - Oath Ceremony Letter Received (mail)

04.23.2021 - Oath Ceremony

I am the beneficiary

I had my medical on Tuesday, which went fairly well, although I have to go back down to London in ten days for a psychiatric evaluation with Dr Cosmo Hallström (an additional £350 or so, ugh). This was due to recurring bouts of depression. I've not had anything further for 18 months and I went prepared with a letter from my GP giving me the all clear, but it wasn't enough for the doctor I saw (I think it was Dr Sayed). Its an expense I hadn't prepared for but, it's a necessity so I gotta just roll with it.

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Not sure how new this is, but when I called for my medical appointment this morning, the receptionist told me (after I protested that April 16th was too late) that they are "doing a trial" on Saturday appointments. Mine is for next Saturday. If anyone has any questions you would like me to ask when I am there, please let me know.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

I had my medical on Tuesday, which went fairly well, although I have to go back down to London in ten days for a psychiatric evaluation with Dr Cosmo Hallström (an additional £350 or so, ugh). This was due to recurring bouts of depression. I've not had anything further for 18 months and I went prepared with a letter from my GP giving me the all clear, but it wasn't enough for the doctor I saw (I think it was Dr Sayed). Its an expense I hadn't prepared for but, it's a necessity so I gotta just roll with it.

Did the letter say the exact words " not a threat to himself or other" or just some general words that you are ok. Other's who didn't get a satisfactory letter have gone back for the psych exam and were easily cleared. Didn't seem to be some big ordeal at all.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Did the letter say the exact words " not a threat to himself or other" or just some general words that you are ok. Other's who didn't get a satisfactory letter have gone back for the psych exam and were easily cleared. Didn't seem to be some big ordeal at all.

Those exact words. Not a threat to myself or others, no further bouts of depression, fit and healthy. I think it was the recurrence that was the issue. I expect I'll be absolutely fine with the psych. It certainly is an inconvenience but if it's what it needs to happen than I can't really complain. I just keep reminding myself of the privilege I have in front of me in that I have an opportunity to emigrate in the first place.

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Had our Medicals this morning. K1 and K2. What's the chicken pox story now? They marked it as not available. She didn't even ask about history. I checked the rhe nurse and again at reception that our records are complete and we have no need for anything else but can anyone confirm? The nurse and receptionist boh said they don't do the viracella vaccine there. IM not very good at doing his on the phone so hope this reads to make sense. We were in there over three hours. Blood taken from one arm, shot in the other and on a 7 hour train trip back home. Feeling crappy but think the medical went well aside from their delays.

Lee & William

8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Had our Medicals this morning. K1 and K2. What's the chicken pox story now? They marked it as not available. She didn't even ask about history. I checked the rhe nurse and again at reception that our records are complete and we have no need for anything else but can anyone confirm? The nurse and receptionist boh said they don't do the viracella vaccine there. IM not very good at doing his on the phone so hope this reads to make sense. We were in there over three hours. Blood taken from one arm, shot in the other and on a 7 hour train trip back home. Feeling crappy but think the medical went well aside from their delays.

Email them and tell them to fill out the varicella history box, if youve had it mind you. if they argue you dont need it for k-1 inform them you paid 235 quid for an exam which in its current form is incomplete. and it would help for further processes

* - 18th August 2014 - I-129f Sent

* - 21st August 2015 - Recived at CSC

* - 30th September - NOA 1 Received

* - 3rd November - NOA 2 Received

-- was never sent to NVC, got it re approved --

* - 9th January - NOA 2 approved

* - 13th January - Notice from CSC that it was sent this time to NVC

* - 21st January - Received at NVC

* - 22nd January - Case Number assisgned

* - 31st January - left NVC for London

* - 6th Feb - Arrived at Embassy

* - 10th Feb - Packet 3 Received and DS-160 Filled out.

* - 25th February - Medical :dancing:

* - 26th February - readiness form sent

* - 7th April - Interview - approved

* - 14th April - Visa in hand.

* - 17th April Tickets booked http://itsalmo.st/#timetofly

Timeline

Thanks Pilot. Actually I paid for two medical exams as I have a daughter. Plus shots. This trip totally over £800 :o

Thanks. I will email them.

Lee & William

Timeline

Travel

As many of you know, I attended at Knightsbridge on Saturday for my medical, along with my 13 year old daughter. We booked the Oxford Circus Holiday Inn.

We took a train down from Scotland the day before, arriving at Kings Cross at 9 pm. We bought two Oyster cards at the ticket office and got on the Victoria line, getting off at Oxford Circus. We were going to walk to our hotel. We then took the Central Line tube to Bond Street station, although it probably would have been quicker to walk. The hotel is literally a minute away from the medical center.

The Medical Appointment

Our appointment was for 10.50 am. We arrived at around 10.35 am and joined a line that was out the door with people waiting to check in at reception. There was a guy at one of the two check in desks who was giving the receptionist a bit of a run-around as he had turned up with nothing but a copy of something from a previous medical he had undergone there and couldn't seem to understand why he needed new paperwork. They said he could keep his appointment, but would need to wait until he had submitting what was required before anything would be forwarded to the embassy. Meanwhile, the rest of us were getting impatient. When I eventually got to the window, I was asked to take a seat in the waiting room and come back in 10 minutes to collect the forms to complete. It's almost a replica of the one you print out and complete to take with you, with a few minor differences.

After turning in our forms, we sat in the very full waiting room for about 40 minutes before I was called for my X-Ray. There was a general air of impatience in the waiting room and people were fidgeting a lot. It seemed that they were either under staffed or severely over booked.

I was given a gown to put on behind a curtain and then contorted into a very strange position, told to stand very still and take a deep breath and that was it. The guy doing the X Rays was somewhat abrupt and didn't give the impression he was happy to be there that day. I was then sent to the main waiting room (in my gown with my bra and clothes hanging over my arm) to call my daughter to join me in a smaller waiting room. I noticed when I sat down that my gown was slightly open in the front. I don't know if it was like that when I went into the main waiting room to get daughter, but I assume not. Nobody gave me a tip.

We sat there for another 25 minutes and then I had to go through to the doctor. I left my daughter with her iPad where she was.

The Doctor was polite, but void of any emotion or expression. She went through the questionnaire with me. It was pretty straightforward and I have no medical or criminal history so nothing to report on that front. I had left my height and weight blank on the form because it was all in metric and I didn't know what my metric height was, and I don't have scales and never weigh myself so I couldn't even guess what my weight is. She measured and weighed me first and then put the details onto the form in front of her. She then did a very simple eye test, having me cover one eye at a time. Then it was up to the bed. She checked my skin, my breathing, mouth, ears, eyes and reflexes and took my blood pressure, which is generally quite low. She told me to lie down to take the blood sample, but I asked if I could rather sit up and she said that was fine. While she was swabbing my arm she announced with antiseptic, she stated "It's for syphilis". She then did the genital check (no I did not get the "just a quick peek doctor") and that was it. More pen pushing and then we repeated all of the above for my daughter, who I had to call to join us. As she is 13 she did not get the blood test, but otherwise it was all the same. I wasn't expecting her to quiz my 13 year old on a drug and criminal history though. My daughter is a 'young' 13 and I could see she was quite taken aback that someone would even think to ask her such things :lol: I don't know if this is standard for children, but it may have been because while going through the form, we noticed that my daughter had a check mark for being a former smoker and something else I don't recall. Her photo and ID label was attached to the wrong form. The doctor had that amended and we were then told to get dressed and wait in the main waiting room again.

I don't know how long we were in there but by the time the vaccination nurse called us it was gone 12.30 and I was getting tired of waiting, irritable and hungry. There was a bit of confusion with our vaccination history, and I was given yet another Diptheria Tetanus Polio shot, even though I have a full childhood schedule completed as well as a recent booster less than 2 months ago. I was certain this was not necessary, but I had had enough and just wanted the sheet complete. We were eventually set free at around 1.15 pm. I noticed that our viracella history box had not been checked and asked about it. I was told that she had indicated that they don't do it in the UK. I was quite clear that I understood it had to be completed. I then went and spoke to reception about it when I collected my documents. I stopped and went through my check list before leaving to make sure I had everything and asked again about the DS3025. Everyone was very insistent that it was complete and this was correct for a K1. By this time it was nearly 1.30 pm. We left.

When we got back to Scotland around 11 pm, I went through my pack again and discovered that the pathology instructions (both original and carbon) were in among our vaccination papers. I scanned and emailed a copy to Knightsbridge informing them of this. I also asked about the viracella history and was told that would be updated and the new forms sent to me by email by the end of Monday. They didn't arrive. So it all started again yesterday, and I spent the entire morning between phone calls and emails until I eventually got the updated and complete vaccination sheets for AOS.

Lesson here: I prepared very well and should have gone with my instinct and not left until it was done. But I was tired and irritable and started to second guess myself. All for one single check mark on a box.

The weekend, with travel, hotel, two medicals and an extra vaccination cost over £800. The good news is the embassy appears to have received the results, which the doctor told me were back yesterday and being sent out then, to arrive at the embassy today.

I'm happy to answer any questions for those of you who have not yet had your medical. Hopefully there is a thread of helpful information in here for someone else.

Lee & William

Just wanted to share my experience at my medical today.

My appointment was at 1:50 at the Bentinck Mansions address. It's not the easiest to find, because number 4 Bentinck Street is the other side of the road and it's a little confusing. The building you want is right opposite the pub and just has a small brass plaque saying Knightsbridge Doctors Flat 4. It's the ground floor of a mansion block of flats.

The Reception staff seem very busy, but polite. Making sure you have absolutely everything you need ahead of your appointment and it makes life so much easier! I had my immunisation records, a letter from my doctor explaining a preexisting condition, form, 4 x photos, letter from the Embassy with my LND number and Police Certificate.

I got sent to a waiting room, short wait, then taken through by a nice South African lady to get my XRay. I needed to remove my dress and bra behind a curtain and put on a gown. She did the XRay, then took me to a Ladies Only waiting room so I could stay in my gown.

The Doctor, she introduced herself as Rosie, was absolutely lovely and immediately put me at ease. I was weighed, measured, given a basic eye test. Then hopped up on the bed and she checked my eyes, ears and throat, checked my blood pressure and drew somw blood. She then listened to my chest and back with a stethoscope before asking me to lay down. She checked my reflexes, tummy and did the dreaded 'lady exam' but it was fine. Just position yourself as you would for a smear and she had a quick look - nothing invasive at all.

Then I was sent back to the waiting room and the nurse came to get me. She was lovely too, very kindly informed me that I needed a tetanus and MMR. I opted to get them there and then (total cost £80) to keep the timescale on track and the MMR was not pleasant at all but a necessary evil and she was very kind about it.

Then I went back to Reception, got all my documents back and they gave me a record of the vaccines I'd had. Then the worst bit - paying £325 - and I was on my way!

In and out in an hour and a bit. Here's hoping I get my interview date very soon!

Medical - April 20, 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.