Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My medical today:

No signage except for "Bentick Mansions" on the building's external doors. It's on the corner and an easy walk from Marble Arch tube station - an extra 5-10 minutes because Bond St station is closed until December 2014, I think. Look through the list of flats in the panel to the right of the doors and press the buzzer for Knightsbridge doctors (flat 4, if I remember correctly) and they will buzz you in. Once you're in the small lobby area, head towards the stairs going up (but don't go up) and you will see the door for Knightsbridge doctors to the right of the stairs. There's a buzzer, which I pressed before pushing the door, which wasn't locked. When you go through, the reception is set of windows on your right and the waiting room is also on the right after reception. Single loo (male and female) on the left, opposite reception. In the waiting room, there are some jugs with water and some plastic cups.

I arrived on time for my appointment and handed in my documents (passport, one UK photo, police certificate (original), vaccinations records (booklet filled in by the travel nurse at my GP's) and a completed page 9 from the medical form PDF). I was then given a second one-page questionnaire to fill in. I only had to do the middle section as the doctor and receptionist would do the rest. It's very similar to the page 9 form. Pretty much another tickbox yes/no - a 5 minute job for me as I said no to everything - I don't drink, smoke, do drugs or had/have any major illness or hospitalisations. Handed back the completed questionnaire and then went to the loo to freshen up.

X-ray

Got called for the chest X-ray first. The technician (male) called me from the main waiting room, took me to the X-ray room at the end of the corridor and gave me a hospital gown. It's cross-over and has a belt/tie but the material was a bit flimsy, similar to the gowns you get at a hairdressers'. In a curtained off area in the corner of the X-ray room, I removed everything from my chin to my waist, including a necklace, bra and top - was allowed to keep my engagement ring on though. Ladies with long hair, you'll need to bring something to tie your hair up. The technician then asked me to rest my chin on the bar of the machine (which he raises) and to keep my chest against the square (I didn't have to remove my gown, by the way). He then positioned my arms with my knuckles resting behind my hips as though I was going to do a chicken dance. Then he asked me to grip a heavyish rubber mat in my hands - presumably to keep me in the right position. It was a slightly awkward position, especially the raised chin. He asked me to take a deep breath and hold it for a few seconds while he took the x-ray. Then my insides showed up on his screen. Thankfully, "relatively normal" he said but they still need to review. Then he took me into another waiting room. I was topless underneath the gown but was still wearing everything on my bottom half, including jeans, shoes and socks. Worth bringing a bigger bag with you so that you don't have to carry your bra into the waiting room for all to see.

Doctor

About 10 minutes went by and then the doctor (woman) called me to her office, which was right next door to the waiting room. She's blonde, in her mid to late 40s and had a South African or Kiwi accent - I couldn't tell which as it's quite watered down and she told me she'd been here for a while. Very chatty and polite. Shook my hand. We briefly went through the second form I filled in. Pretty straightforward and I believe she wrote that I was generally in good health. She then told me that she'd need to examine me from top to toe. She asked me to remove my socks and shoes before taking my weight and height. I'd over-estimated by 1kg and 1cm respectively on my page 9 form, but she didn't say anything about that, so I don't think it was an iss. Then she asked me to remove my jeans in a curtained off area and to lie down on the bed. She examined my arms and hands - presumably looking for signs of drug use, skin conditions, etc., and asked me if I have any issues with eczema. She then took my blood pressure, which was highish but still suprisingly normal given that this was my first ever medical and an important one at that. She took my pulse via my wrist. Then she took a blood sample, which felt like a sharp scratch but otherwise painless and quick. While I was still lying down, she listened to both sides of my chest through her stethscope. She then asked me to sit up and lower my robe so that she could use her stethoscope on my back. She pressed down slightly along the length of my upper backbone and asked me if I felt any pain. I lay back down and she checked my stomach, pushing here and there while asking me to take deep breaths now and again.

She asked my age (I'm in my late 30s) and she gave me a breast exam (pressing with her fingers around the outsides of each breast), asking if I examined myself and also whether I had any family history of breast cancer. Then she said that she would "check down there." She lifted my knickers slightly at the stomach and then took a 3-5 second peek. She then moved on to my legs and feet: she bent each leg at the knee and rotated it at the hip, asking if I felt any stiffness. She briefly checked my feet and ankles. She then asked me to sit up, place one hand on one eye and read the second to last row of the letters (from left to right) on the opposite wall. Then she asked me to repeat with the other eye, but this time I had to read from right to left. She looked into my ears, eyes and mouth/throat ('say aah'). She also asked about a scar I have and how I got it. Then the exam was done and I could put my clothes back on.

I asked her if everything was okay and she told me that pending results of the blood test and X-ray, I have a normal medical, though my BMI is low. She asked if I've always been thin and if I have a good appetite. I answered yes to both and she seemed satisfied. She handed back my passport and police certificate, shook my hand and wished me luck. I don't know how long I was with her, but while she examined me, she asked questions throughout (medical-related and non-medical related, e.g., which area of the US I will be moving to) and moved onto each part of the examination fairly swiftly and methodically, not really lingering on any one section.

Vaccinations

I then went back to the main waiting room to wait for the person who would discuss my vaccinations with me. After a 10-minute wait, I was asked to go to the last window at reception. I was told that everything is fine. She gave me back my vaccination records plus a vaccinations worksheet (the DS-3025 for AOS). She explained why the worksheet was marked as incomplete (Td = every 10 years and flu jab is seasonal) + blanket waiver. For reference, I had my first MMR last month and second MMR early this morning - it was free from the travel nurse at my GP's surgery. She didn't say anything about polio vs pertussis. The expiration date on the worksheet is the end of August. I should be in the US by then and submitted the documentation for AOS etc, so shouldn't be a problem.

The receptionist told me that if I don't hear anything by Monday/Tuesday (blood test results need to come back from the lab and the X-ray needs to be reviewed), then everything is fine and the results will be sent to the embassy on Tuesday. I paid the £235 fee with a credit card, the receptionist wished me luck and then I left.

When I got home, I realised that there was nothing in the row for Varicella on the vaccination worksheet, no comments or ticks in any of the columns. Unfortunately, when I was there, I wasn't asked about chickenpox and I didn't remember to mention that I'd had it as a child. So I have emailed them and will ring them on Monday to get a corrected form (as per previous advice on this site).

Overall

Altogether, I was there for about an hour. It was a bit of a production line but they're all fairly cheery, except for one grumpy looking receptionist, who I didn't deal with. And the bit I was worried about, the breast and external genitalia exam, was a little bit embarassing (because it was the first time I'd had either examined by someone other than a romantic partner!) but the doctor was female, was very professional and brisk, and it didn't last long.

By the way, I booked my medical about three and a half weeks ago and didn't have my police certificate at the time. I'd ordered it that day (expedited). I told them this and it wasn't a problem as the requested medical date would allow enough time for the certificate to be sent to me. As it turns out, I managed to get the certificate within three working days, despite the Monday bank holiday.

Hopefully, this review will allay some fears for those who have medicals at Knightsbridge coming up. Many thanks to all the contributors to this site, especially those who wrote the London Guide.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for a good review. It was kind of strange how you got in there. It was more like being admitted to a speak easy than to a medical facility.

As you saw, the breast and genital exams were no big deal. A doctor is about as interested in looking at your body as a mechanic is in looking at the brakes on your car. Later in life you will need these exams for your health. I hope you never get any of the diseases these exams screen for, but if you do I hope you had enough sense to go for your checkups so a doctor finds the disease before the Grim Reaper does.

I am being treated for colon cancer, and the reason I am at my compuiter writing this instead of in the great beyond is because my doctor insisted on a colonoscopy. That doctor saved my life. Needless to say, treatment both in and out of the hospital requires a lot of procedures on both my genitals and rectum, done by both male and female doctors and nurses. And neither me nor any of them give a hoot who sees what. They are all medical professionals out to treat me, and they all do their jobs with competence and professionalism.

I almost ended up in the ground from this. Please don't let it happen to you. Get the exams you need and don't worry about what the doctor is going to see. You can rest assured he or she does not worry about it, and neither should you.

I am being treated for colon cancer, and the reason I am at my compuiter writing this instead of in the great beyond is because my doctor insisted on a colonoscopy.

Oh my! That hits close to home. I am so sorry you are having to go through that ordeal.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Oh my! That hits close to home. I am so sorry you are having to go through that ordeal.

I am just happy I am here to tell you about it. What does not kill us will make us stronger.

My whole point of positing this is that showing your body to a doctor is a normal part of life and not somethng to be embarassed about. And for some people, like me, it is the reason I still have a life.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey All:

I am so sorry to hear about the colon cancer :( but it sounds like you're kicking its a$$! Congrats to the happy post-medical exam beneficiaries!

I have one more question (though I am guessing not the last)--do they return the police certificate to you or the immunization records at the end of the exam? I'm trying to make sure Jake knows what he needs to bring back with him and take again to the interview in London--do they return them or forward both along with your exam results? Thanks!

2/3/14 I-129F Mailed

6/16/14 Embassy Interview--Approved!!!!

7/11/14 Marriage :)

7/25/14 AOS + Work Authorization Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

7/31/14 NOA1--Electronic Notification

8/26/14 Biometrics Appointment--Indianapolis

9/18/14 EAD approved--Electronic Notification

2/15/15 Notice of Interview Waiver (and Case Delay due to heavy processing load)

5/5/15 RFE (Requested another certified copy of marriage license)

5/14/15 Submitted Materials for RFE

5/28/15 Greencard Approved/In Production!!!!!

My love is selfish. I cannot breathe without you. - Keats

What USCIS-es you only makes you stronger.....

You only need a copy of the police cert (for medical) but if you take the original they will make a copy and return the original. I took original and a copy but only showed the copy which they kept. I had no immunisation record but I am sure they will not keep it.

You will need the original police check for the interview, take a copy also, they need sight of original but only retain a copy.

I have a question ... I have been told today that I need surgery to correct a kidney problem, the investigations have been going on for some months now and finally they have told me the only way to sort it is with surgery which should happen in the next couple of months, however, we are nearing the point of Case Complete with NVC and so the next thing would be scheduling the medical once we have an interview date, does anyone know how this is likely to affect my medical? Will have I have to take some sort of paperwork with me to show that the problem is/has been corrected?

Click below to see our Timeline

2013-09-07 Married!

USCIS

2013-09-16 - Sent i-130

2013-09-18 - Priority date

2013-09-20 - NOA1

2014-03-03 - Transferred to CSC

2014-03-07 - NOA2 - APPROVED

NVC

2014-03-18 - NVC received

2014-04-17 - NVC case number/IIN assigned

2014-04-25 - Completed DS-261 online

2014-04-25- DS-261 accepted

2014-04-28 - I-864(AOS) Bill Generated and paid

2014-04-29 - Sent I-864(AOS) Package

2014-04-30- IV bill invoiced and paid

2014-04-30 - IV packets sent

2014-05-06 - DS-260 completed online

2014-05-23 - Checklist for AOS

2014-05-24 - AOS Checklist response submitted

2014-05-28 - IV and DS-260 approved!

2014-06-02 - AOS Checklist scanned

2014-07-08 - CASE COMPLETE!!

2014-07-10 - Interview scheduled (letter arrived 2014-07-11)

CONSULATE

2014-08-18 - Medical (completed)

2014-09-02 - Interview (APPROVED!!)

2014-09-08 - Visa in hand

2014-09-25 - POE

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - I751

2016-07-28 - I751 Mailed

2016-07-29 - Package Received

2016-08-02 - Check Cashed

STILL NO NOA1 !!!!

Anytime you reveal a medical condition on the questionnaire, the doctors at Knightsbridge will want further information from your personal doctors explaining the condition/disease/surgery/medication... whatever is the case. If you take it in with you, you may not have to wait on it after before they will release your results to the embassy.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Candy, my fiance, just had a successful medical exam in the Philippines. She is presently on medication for high blood pressure. When the panel doctor asked her about any medical conditions, Candy told her about this and was ready with the name of the doctor who is treating her, the name of the medication she is on, and her own blood pressure readings (she had to get a home monitor and check it every day). The panel doctor then checked it herself and told her to keep up with her doctor's advice as it appears to be working well. That was the end of it.

A medical conditon that is not contagious will not hurt you but failing to tell the panel doctor all about it just might.

I have a question ... I have been told today that I need surgery to correct a kidney problem, the investigations have been going on for some months now and finally they have told me the only way to sort it is with surgery which should happen in the next couple of months, however, we are nearing the point of Case Complete with NVC and so the next thing would be scheduling the medical once we have an interview date, does anyone know how this is likely to affect my medical? Will have I have to take some sort of paperwork with me to show that the problem is/has been corrected?

When I got my GP to write a letter for me for my DVT and thrombophilia, he kindly included copies of correspondence from a few different consultants at the hospital I was treated in. My letter from the GP is dated Jan 2014 though, so I won't be surprised if Knightsbridge want something more recent from him.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Anytime you reveal a medical condition on the questionnaire, the doctors at Knightsbridge will want further information from your personal doctors explaining the condition/disease/surgery/medication... whatever is the case. If you take it in with you, you may not have to wait on it after before they will release your results to the embassy.

Candy, my fiance, just had a successful medical exam in the Philippines. She is presently on medication for high blood pressure. When the panel doctor asked her about any medical conditions, Candy told her about this and was ready with the name of the doctor who is treating her, the name of the medication she is on, and her own blood pressure readings (she had to get a home monitor and check it every day). The panel doctor then checked it herself and told her to keep up with her doctor's advice as it appears to be working well. That was the end of it.

A medical conditon that is not contagious will not hurt you but failing to tell the panel doctor all about it just might.

When I got my GP to write a letter for me for my DVT and thrombophilia, he kindly included copies of correspondence from a few different consultants at the hospital I was treated in. My letter from the GP is dated Jan 2014 though, so I won't be surprised if Knightsbridge want something more recent from him.

Thank you, so basically I just need to get myself prepared with information to take with me. Was just worried that this might affect my medical.

2013-09-07 Married!

USCIS

2013-09-16 - Sent i-130

2013-09-20 - NOA1

NVC

CONSULATE

2014-09-25 - POE

2016-07-28 - I751 Mailed

STILL NO NOA1 !!!!

Got a response from the Knightsbridge Doctors, which just clarifies what you guys have advised ....

Good morning Melanie,

You will need to have a report from your GP or specialist explain why the procedure is taken place and a prognosis for the future as this will need to go into the medical report.

Kind regards,

Kerri Cooper

Knightsbridge DoctorsGood morning Melanie,

You will need to have a report from your GP or specialist explain why the procedure is taken place and a prognosis for the future as this will need to go into the medical report.

Kind regards,

Kerri Cooper

Knightsbridge Doctors

2013-09-07 Married!

USCIS

2013-09-16 - Sent i-130

2013-09-20 - NOA1

NVC

CONSULATE

2014-09-25 - POE

2016-07-28 - I751 Mailed

STILL NO NOA1 !!!!

Timeline

Got a response from the Knightsbridge Doctors, which just clarifies what you guys have advised ....

Good morning Melanie,

Kind regards,

Kerri Cooper

Knightsbridge DoctorsGood morning Melanie,

Kind regards,

Kerri Cooper

Knightsbridge Doctors

We just heard it right from the source. Thanks Kerri Cooper.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Jake had his medical today and I accompanied him. Everyone was really nice, but the doctor said that the note from Jake's GP actually may have delayed the process rather than helped concerning his history with depression--which we were somewhat shocked to hear. He said that he would have just asked Jake to talk about his history, and then passed him through--which I said later I doubted because most people on here (VJ) claimed they would have asked for more information from the GP before moving forward.

That said, the KB doctor was kind to Jake about it--the letter from the GP said Jake has no medical history of self harm, just ideas of it, and depression, but that he has been off medication for quite sometime and is doing well. The letter also said the doctor does not think he was ever or is now a threat to others.

The KB doctor said he will have to phone the psychiatrist to check if Jake will need an evaluation before they can "pass" him on his medical, but that he will call Jake tonight or tomorrow to him know. We are optimistic that the psychiatrist will pass on the evaluation requirement, though, because Jake has no history of serious depression or harm, and the doctor seemed to be pleased with Jake's own answers (he's a calm guy in general!). We are also optimistic because so many others on here have talked about worse case scenarios in which they have been hospitalized or had records of harm and were passed without further evaluative need just fine.

That said, if we get delayed, we get delayed...we're just a bit disappointed with the medical. Other than that, it went well. It was *so* quick, the premises were really nice, and the receptionists were delightfully kind.

Cross your fingers for us, all!

2/3/14 I-129F Mailed

6/16/14 Embassy Interview--Approved!!!!

7/11/14 Marriage :)

7/25/14 AOS + Work Authorization Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

7/31/14 NOA1--Electronic Notification

8/26/14 Biometrics Appointment--Indianapolis

9/18/14 EAD approved--Electronic Notification

2/15/15 Notice of Interview Waiver (and Case Delay due to heavy processing load)

5/5/15 RFE (Requested another certified copy of marriage license)

5/14/15 Submitted Materials for RFE

5/28/15 Greencard Approved/In Production!!!!!

My love is selfish. I cannot breathe without you. - Keats

What USCIS-es you only makes you stronger.....

Jake had his medical today and I accompanied him. Everyone was really nice, but the doctor said that the note from Jake's GP actually may have delayed the process rather than helped concerning his history with depression--which we were somewhat shocked to hear. He said that he would have just asked Jake to talk about his history, and then passed him through--which I said later I doubted because most people on here (VJ) claimed they would have asked for more information from the GP before moving forward.

That said, the KB doctor was kind to Jake about it--the letter from the GP said Jake has no medical history of self harm, just ideas of it, and depression, but that he has been off medication for quite sometime and is doing well. The letter also said the doctor does not think he was ever or is now a threat to others.

The KB doctor said he will have to phone the psychiatrist to check if Jake will need an evaluation before they can "pass" him on his medical, but that he will call Jake tonight or tomorrow to him know. We are optimistic that the psychiatrist will pass on the evaluation requirement, though, because Jake has no history of serious depression or harm, and the doctor seemed to be pleased with Jake's own answers (he's a calm guy in general!). We are also optimistic because so many others on here have talked about worse case scenarios in which they have been hospitalized or had records of harm and were passed without further evaluative need just fine.

That said, if we get delayed, we get delayed...we're just a bit disappointed with the medical. Other than that, it went well. It was *so* quick, the premises were really nice, and the receptionists were delightfully kind.

Cross your fingers for us, all!

I am sorry you had to go through this. My fiance's medical exam doctor gave him the impression he was going to fail but he had to talk to the other doctors about it at the panel discussion and then he passed and had his results forwarded to the embassy. Perhaps the wording of the letter gave the doctor the wrong impression. "Has no history of self harm, just ideas of it" may of been what put the doctor off about it. Because they see as "having ideas of it" as potential to "cause harm". My fiance's doctor was very thorough with the letter she gave him. Stating he had no ongoing mental health issues and was not a harm to himself or others. Also included he had never been hospitalized and does not have any thoughts of suicide or self-harm.

Edited by corvusheart

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.