Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How likely am I to run into problems with still being on medication?

Back in 2006 I was diagnosed with OCD/anxiety and put on 5mg daily of olanzapine. I went for behavioural therapy and have been basically fine ever since.

I have a letter from my GP and from the mental health nurse who did the therapy with me both saying I've never had any history of self-harm/suicidal thoughts or tendencies and that the meds are just for anti-anxiety. We've even looked into medication prices for when I get to the US, so I'll be armed with that information too.

I'm worried this will send up a red flag with someone at the medical, even with the two letters. Should I be?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How likely am I to run into problems with still being on medication?

Back in 2006 I was diagnosed with OCD/anxiety and put on 5mg daily of olanzapine. I went for behavioural therapy and have been basically fine ever since.

I have a letter from my GP and from the mental health nurse who did the therapy with me both saying I've never had any history of self-harm/suicidal thoughts or tendencies and that the meds are just for anti-anxiety. We've even looked into medication prices for when I get to the US, so I'll be armed with that information too.

I'm worried this will send up a red flag with someone at the medical, even with the two letters. Should I be?

I searched everywhere on VJ and other forums for people who actually had to undergo secondary psychiatric evaluation for the medical...I research when I'm anxious!....and found two cases. Two. And they were years ago.

As you probably read from mine and others, even those who DO have a self harm history (in thought or physical practice) were fine. Even people with crappier letters from the GP than yours (cough cough OURS). Your letters sound good. The experts will tell you better, but I would say that you *may* get the response several of us received recently: "we have to check with the panel or psychiatrist," but then it will come back not needed. As Corvusheart posted above, people can still be undergoing treatment to get admissible class b :)

But what do the experts/VJ veterans think?? I find they are always right.

Good luck. It is anxiety-ridden either way for people who have or are undergoing anxiety or depression (and it shouldn't be >:( ) but I will hold out hope for you. Optimism helps the process, I think :)

Edited by paddington_bear

2/3/14 I-129F Mailed

6/16/14 Embassy Interview--Approved!!!!

7/11/14 Marriage :)

7/25/14 AOS + Work Authorization Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

7/31/14 NOA1--Electronic Notification

8/26/14 Biometrics Appointment--Indianapolis

9/18/14 EAD approved--Electronic Notification

2/15/15 Notice of Interview Waiver (and Case Delay due to heavy processing load)

5/5/15 RFE (Requested another certified copy of marriage license)

5/14/15 Submitted Materials for RFE

5/28/15 Greencard Approved/In Production!!!!!

My love is selfish. I cannot breathe without you. - Keats

What USCIS-es you only makes you stronger.....

Timeline

Thanks for the reply. I've also done a ton of reading up on this and have yet to find a single story where someone was actually denied on mental health grounds, but it's always a worry. I can see why they want to be careful, but I appear to forget I have no history of violence, no criminal record, no drug abuse. Apart from being a bit neurotic I'm probably one of the most harmless people they'll see applying!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to everyone on this thread. My wife is ready to schedule her medical and we wanted to know, when is the best time to send the Notification of Applicant Readiness form to the Embassy? The results from Knightsbridge usually take up to 4 days to reach the Embassy, so is it safe to assume they will schedule her interview NOT earlier than 3-4 weeks post her medical? We're planning a trip next month and just wanted to make sure we don't miss the appointment.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yes you can estimate, I knew roughly what my weight was so put that. They probably have scales at the practice anyway.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

yes just guess, they will weigh you anyway so it's a pointless question. The whole questionnaire is a waste of time as the first thing you do there is fill another one in. Slightly different but not by much

• 5 weeks later...

Quick question guys.... I've tried looking via the search function but can't seem to find the answer...

For the I-130 route I need to send the original police certificate with my IV package to the NVC shortly but I also understand I will need to bring one with me to the medical in London too. Does anybody know if Knightsbridge accepts photocopies of it or will I have to buy 2 police certificates?

Anybody who has gone down the I-130 route what did you do?

Thanks

Quick question guys.... I've tried looking via the search function but can't seem to find the answer...

For the I-130 route I need to send the original police certificate with my IV package to the NVC shortly but I also understand I will need to bring one with me to the medical in London too. Does anybody know if Knightsbridge accepts photocopies of it or will I have to buy 2 police certificates?

Anybody who has gone down the I-130 route what did you do?

Thanks

Photocopy everything before you mail it off. Good practice in all things immigration.

Knightsbridge will accept a photocopy of your police report whether you are CR1, K1, or whatever. There is no visa category difference in the medical other than a CR1 has to be done with immunizations while a K1 could wait on those until they apply for adjustment of status in the US.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Photocopy everything before you mail it off. Good practice in all things immigration.

Knightsbridge will accept a photocopy of your police report whether you are CR1, K1, or whatever. There is no visa category difference in the medical other than a CR1 has to be done with immunizations while a K1 could wait on those until they apply for adjustment of status in the US.

That's great thanks. The reason I mentioned that we are I-130 as I know the K1 only needs the police report for the medical initially whereas we will need it for the IV package and the medical so I was wondering what to do. I'll take a photocopy of it thanks.

That's great thanks. The reason I mentioned that we are I-130 as I know the K1 only needs the police report for the medical initially whereas we will need it for the IV package and the medical so I was wondering what to do. I'll take a photocopy of it thanks.

I understand what you were saying. Anybody can show up with a photocopy whether the original is at NVC or sitting at home on the desk. A photocopy is fine for Knightsbridge. Those who didn't have the foresight to make a photocopy before mailing originals to NVC have also been told "not a problem" by the medical clinic. They just use it as a tool to see if there have been any charges for drugs, alcohol, or anything that falls under the mental health guidelines. Addictions and substance abuse fall under mental health. It will clue them that they need to ask a few more questions depending on what type of offenses might show up on a police report.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I understand what you were saying. Anybody can show up with a photocopy whether the original is at NVC or sitting at home on the desk. A photocopy is fine for Knightsbridge. Those who didn't have the foresight to make a photocopy before mailing originals to NVC have also been told "not a problem" by the medical clinic. They just use it as a tool to see if there have been any charges for drugs, alcohol, or anything that falls under the mental health guidelines. Addictions and substance abuse fall under mental health. It will clue them that they need to ask a few more questions depending on what type of offenses might show up on a police report.

That's great.. Thank you for your help.

Here is my husband's review for anyone curious. He just had his exam today. :)

"Firstly, it's a little bit awkward to find if you're travelling by public transport and I wouldn't advise going by car as I don't believe there is anywhere nearby to park. So aim to get there half an hour before your appt.

On arrival, I told them who I was and they asked me for all the necessary documents which as you know are form of photo ID (Passport, Driving License etc.) Vaccination records/history, one UK sized passport photo, Police record certificate and the completed medical questionnaire form (with any additional info on separate sheet, if applicable).

With that done, they then handed me another form and wouldn't you just know it? It's almost exactly the same questions as the Medical Questionnaire form I already filled in and handed to them. Oh well! So off I went around the corner to the waiting area and filled in the form again. They were very busy but all very friendly people and after handing the new form back to reception, I sat with quite a few others, waiting for my turn to have my chest X-Ray. My turn came after about 10 minutes of waiting and it was very straight forward and the consultant who took it was very friendly and made me feel at ease.

I watched him download the scan right there on his screen and then off I went back to the waiting area for my exam. It was a longer wait this time as they were very busy but I was seen after about 25-30 minutes.

The examiner was, again, a very friendly guy and made me feel completely at ease. We sat and he went through my questionnaire with me, making sure everything I had answered was correct and there were no mistakes. No tricky questions, very straight forward and simple.

After that was a height and weight check then an eye test, then I was asked to remove my top and sit on the bed while he checked my ears, eyes and mouth. He then listened to my lungs and heart, then I was asked to lie down and he checked my stomach, then I was asked to stand up and, in his words, 'the part that everybody hates', it was pants (TROUSERS!) down to ankles and time to explore the Netherlands. Guys, this part is extremely quick, literally no more than a few seconds and it's a quick cough for 'Lefty' and then again for 'Righty' and that is literally about it, pants up. Each and every little check was extremely quick and all in all the whole exam could've only been a few minutes. Lastly, I was asked to lie down again and blood was taken from my right arm, anyone with needle or blood phobias, you see nothing at all.

After that I was all done, a very quick discussion about the doctor preliminary findings (which for me was that everything looked great) and I was told that if I did not hear from him by Wednesday then I could consider that as everything was fine and no issues. Shook the man's hand, back to reception to pay the £245 pound, the feint sound of my debit card grumbling in protest could be heard, I was then given a vaccination record printout which you MUST keep and that was that!"

Edited by k.dlg

Our Visa Journey(s)

K-1 Visa
01/15/2013 - Sent I-129F overnight via Fedex
07/17/2013 - Sent to London
*** Abandoned K1 Visa route due to wedding plans that could NOT be changed**

07/27/2013 - Married in TX!!

CR-1 Visa
09/12/2013 - Sent I-130 overnight via Fedex
09/18/2013 - NOA1 - E-mail and text - Sent to NBC Overland Park
03/03/2014 - Case Transferred to CSC
03/27/2014 - NOA2 - E-mail and text - APPROVED!!!
04/04/2014 - NVC Received

05/05/2014 - Case Number & IIN Assigned

05/08/2014 - Submitted DS-261

05/10/2014 - AOS Available/Paid/Sent Package

05/13/2014 - AOS Package Received/Fee withdrawn (Scanned on 5/15) - Happy bday to me! :)

05/14/2014 - AOS Shows as PAID

05/19/2014 - IV Available/Paid/Sent Package

05/20/2014 - IV Fee withdrawn/Shows as PAID/DS-260 Available & Submitted

05/21/2014 - IV Package Received (Scanned on 5/23)

06/13/2014 - AOS Approved

06/26/2014 - CASE COMPLETE!!! (Confirmed by call, AOS changed to N/A)

07/10/2014 - Interview date assigned!!!! (August 19th)

07/11/2014 - Received Interview letter via e-mail

07/21/2014 - Hubby's medical (Passed!)/E-mail sent to embassy requesting earlier date

07/23/2014 - Interview rescheduled!!

08/04/2014 - INTERVIEW IN LONDON!! - APPROVED!!!!! :luv:

08/12/2014 - VISA IN HAND!!

08/30/2014 - POE in Houston!!

352 days from filing to POE

*Full timeline in profile

Removal of Conditions (I-751)

07/07/2016 - Sent I-751 overnight via USPS

07/08/2016 - CSC received & NOA1

07/21/2016 - Biometrics letter received
07/25/2016 - Walk-in Biometrics Appt (Org. appt - 8/2)

"Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars."

- Gilbert Parker

Timeline

Thanks to everyone who has posted experiences and advice in this thread. My medical is this week and I’m terrified - I can’t imagine being this anxious for the actual interview.

I know there are checklists everywhere, but I want to be sure I have everything in real time. My stuff to take:

Medical form

Doctor’s letter about OCD/anxiety and medication

Psych nurse’s letter about the same and my CBT

Police certificate

Up-to-date vaccination record

Passport photo

Passport

Confirmation letter from US embassy in London with case number, etc

Childhood illness book (although the receptionist laughed at me when I said I had this).

Am I missing anything? I’ve never felt so horribly scrutinised in my life.

Thanks to everyone who has posted experiences and advice in this thread. My medical is this week and I’m terrified - I can’t imagine being this anxious for the actual interview.

I know there are checklists everywhere, but I want to be sure I have everything in real time. My stuff to take:

Medical form

Doctor’s letter about OCD/anxiety and medication

Psych nurse’s letter about the same and my CBT

Police certificate

Up-to-date vaccination record

Passport photo

Passport

Confirmation letter from US embassy in London with case number, etc

Childhood illness book (although the receptionist laughed at me when I said I had this).

Am I missing anything? I’ve never felt so horribly scrutinised in my life.

Nope, looks like you're set! My husband also took his childhood illness book, and they asked him questions about stuff in there so it isn't all that useless! :)

He said his examiner was Dr. Cole and he was very friendly. Good luck!!

Edited by k.dlg

Our Visa Journey(s)

K-1 Visa
01/15/2013 - Sent I-129F overnight via Fedex
07/17/2013 - Sent to London
*** Abandoned K1 Visa route due to wedding plans that could NOT be changed**

07/27/2013 - Married in TX!!

CR-1 Visa
09/12/2013 - Sent I-130 overnight via Fedex
09/18/2013 - NOA1 - E-mail and text - Sent to NBC Overland Park
03/03/2014 - Case Transferred to CSC
03/27/2014 - NOA2 - E-mail and text - APPROVED!!!
04/04/2014 - NVC Received

05/05/2014 - Case Number & IIN Assigned

05/08/2014 - Submitted DS-261

05/10/2014 - AOS Available/Paid/Sent Package

05/13/2014 - AOS Package Received/Fee withdrawn (Scanned on 5/15) - Happy bday to me! :)

05/14/2014 - AOS Shows as PAID

05/19/2014 - IV Available/Paid/Sent Package

05/20/2014 - IV Fee withdrawn/Shows as PAID/DS-260 Available & Submitted

05/21/2014 - IV Package Received (Scanned on 5/23)

06/13/2014 - AOS Approved

06/26/2014 - CASE COMPLETE!!! (Confirmed by call, AOS changed to N/A)

07/10/2014 - Interview date assigned!!!! (August 19th)

07/11/2014 - Received Interview letter via e-mail

07/21/2014 - Hubby's medical (Passed!)/E-mail sent to embassy requesting earlier date

07/23/2014 - Interview rescheduled!!

08/04/2014 - INTERVIEW IN LONDON!! - APPROVED!!!!! :luv:

08/12/2014 - VISA IN HAND!!

08/30/2014 - POE in Houston!!

352 days from filing to POE

*Full timeline in profile

Removal of Conditions (I-751)

07/07/2016 - Sent I-751 overnight via USPS

07/08/2016 - CSC received & NOA1

07/21/2016 - Biometrics letter received
07/25/2016 - Walk-in Biometrics Appt (Org. appt - 8/2)

"Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars."

- Gilbert Parker

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.