Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me how much they charge at Knightsbridge for the flu jab?

I'm assuming I'm going to need it and don't know if I would be better to get it at my local GP

Thank you!

Price list here http://www.visamedicals.info/us-price.asp

Probably cheaper at a grocery store, Boots, etc.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• 2 weeks later...

Got my medical in the morning *gulp*

Hope it all goes ok! I have my vaccine results, police certificate, questionnaire, passport & passport photo.

Am I missing anything? Pretty sure I'm not but I'm ready to get an early night :)

Had my medical his morning at 8:50am at Bentinck Mansions :)

Apart from them not actually arriving and opening till like 8:49am everything went quickly and smoothly.

I had a really lovely blonde women who had an accent. She completed my physical and said everything was in order and I was fine. Glad I was prepared for the peek a boo of my lady parts by reading other peoples medical reviews though otherwise I may have been a little freaked out lol

X-Ray was fine and all vaccinations were up to date.

They said my results would be with the embassy by the 4th January because of the Christmas period which is fine by me. I was chatting to a courier outside though when I was waiting for them to open. He was there for ages (id arrived 30min early and he was there before me!), and just before they arrived to open he gave up and left! Hope this doesn't affect other peoples chances of having their results delivered to the embassy!

Time to have my vacation in NZ, then next step, the interview!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Had my medical today, so thought I would stop lurking on here and give a breakdown of how it all went.

firstly (like most people on here) I arrived an hour and a half early, and the reception staff seemed very friendly and helpful. they informed me that they were about to break for lunch but I was still welcome to wait in the waiting room, which I did. while in there I got the opportunity to swap war stories with others that were waiting, and discuss the various campaigns and wins and losses we had endured with NVC etc. the general theme seemed to be that lots of people had scars but were generally upbeat about being near the end.

After filling in the required form that took a few seconds, I was promptly relieved of my passport, passport photo, police cert (copy), medical questionnaire and vaccinations evidence. I was then swiftly taken into see the nurse who was very friendly and informed me that I needed two jabs. I hadn't bothered to get these in advance as I foolishly went by the online form which told me I didn't need them due to my age! so if when you read this post the forms haven't been updated EVERYONE NEEDS THE FLU JAB!!

I decided to take the jabs at the inflated price just to avoid delaying the process any further. two relatively painless jabs later and I spotted a roll of stickers in the corner of her office... wanting to get my monies worth I asked if I could have a 'I've been brave today' sticker with a rather fetching picture of a car, and the nurse was happy to pin it on my chest!

I was ushered into the radiologist on the way back to the waiting room, and she was also very nice ensuring the photo was taken correctly and even taking the time to explain it to me as it appeared on the screen (although she couldn't tell me that it was all clear).

for the last of the three medical steps I was taken into the doctor (again very friendly) and she preformed a few basic tests after confirming the questionnaires. first was an eye exam, then an ear and throat check. then blood pressure and a few prods around the throat and stomach. then it was a very civilised lowering of the boxers for a peak at the old chap and a cough. last was a blood test (tried for another sticker, but she wasn't as prepared for a 29 year old acting as a child as the nurse was). the doctor then informed me that she found no problems and if the blood test and x-ray was ok then it would be with the embassy by the end of the week.

finally it was back to reception to punish the credit card before being handed back my passport and updated vaccination record. I was also informed that if there were any problems they would contact me in the next two days and not send off the results to the embassy until it was sorted. so fingers crossed I don't get a call. the whole visit lasted 20 mins from my appointment time (excluding the hour and a half I was early)

all in all it was a very enjoyable experience... so much so that I might make it a day trip next time the in-laws come over sight-seeing!

I still haven't got my interview date, so no light at the end of the tunnel yet... but I think I am getting a bit of phone reception back!!!

Edited by westie

I decided to take the jabs at the inflated price just to avoid delaying the process any further. two relatively painless jabs later and I spotted a roll of stickers in the corner of her office... wanting to get my monies worth I asked if I could have a 'I've been brave today' sticker with a rather fetching picture of a car, and the nurse was happy to pin it on my chest!

:rofl:

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Have my medical on Thursday and seem to be coming down with a heavy cold.......typical!!!!!

Ahhh well,will still go seeing as its already cost £100 for train tickets plus the 95 Id have to pay to reschedule.

Im terrified of this part seeing as I have had depression with self harm and alcohol abuse in the past( 4 years sober)......doctor has written me a letter with the 'magic' words "is not a threat to herself or others" but Im still aware Im likely to have to see a psych doc. Im so afraid I'll be penalised for not dealing with what was a difficult in my life. Jeez I just want all this probing to be over :crying:

event.png"]My link[/url]

[/url]"]My link[/url]ur[l=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Have my medical on Thursday and seem to be coming down with a heavy cold.......typical!!!!!

Ahhh well,will still go seeing as its already cost £100 for train tickets plus the 95 Id have to pay to reschedule.

Im terrified of this part seeing as I have had depression with self harm and alcohol abuse in the past( 4 years sober)......doctor has written me a letter with the 'magic' words "is not a threat to herself or others" but Im still aware Im likely to have to see a psych doc. Im so afraid I'll be penalised for not dealing with what was a difficult in my life. Jeez I just want all this probing to be over :crying:

good luck for today!

Had my medical at Knightsbridge Bentinck Street yesterday and it went much better than I could have anticipated,heres how it went.

We got the tube from Kingscross (Victoria line to Oxford Circus then Central line to Bond Street) The map Knightsbridge provide on their website helped alot,print if off and make sure you take it with you.

Arrived around 10 minutes early for my 1:30pm appointment, lovely friendly receptionist took my passport etc off me and gave me a questionaire to fill out,similar to the one you complete and take with you. A few extra questions such as have you ever actively tried to take your life which I had to leave blank as 4 years ago when I drank I took too many tablets I ended up in hospital.This freaked me out and at that point I thought I was doomed!!!!

Was then sent to waiting room after about 10 minutes a lady around 6 months pregnant called my name and introduced herself to me as one of the doctors there,she was really friendly,quite gentle and immediately put me at ease. She explained what we would be doing,I had a few forms to sign,one to say I consented to blood test and the other to say I'd attended(I think)

We then began to go through the questionaire,spoke about my hospital stays, I had treatment for an abnormal smear when I was younger so had taken a list of the since negative results,she seemed pleased I'd brought that. Discussed my back surgery,asked if I was ok with my back now....yes that was enough for her. Talked about the pneumonia I had,no problems since other than the odd chest infection. Talked about the fact I have high blood pressure that was usually managed with the medication I was on.

We then moved onto the questions about my mental health which was the part I was dreading, we discussed a little about what had been going on in my life around the time I had self harmed,drank too much and had ended up with an accidental overdose I told her my doctor had sent a letter of which I had no idea what had been written,handed her this she read it and said....perfect....your doctor has said just what I needed to hear,all I know is my doctor was happy to write she had seen me get better and better over the years and saw no reason to think I would harm myself nor anyone else in the future I guess she came through big time and said all the right things.

We discussed the fact I hadnt drank for almost 4 years,the fact I had CBT and talking therapy and that was it really.

Then was the physical side, height,weight(I closed my eyes,she said nothing!!!!) Eyes tested(Dont forget glasses if you wear them!)

She asked me to strip down to my underwear and lay on the examination table,did a breast exam pushed around on my tummy,under ribs. Checked my hip and shoulder joints then took the blood test. It seems they only check for Syphillis.

I was asked to sit up whilst she did my blood pressure which read at 160/98!!!!!! I freaked out,she calmly told me to lay down again and start taking slow deep breaths while she went to try a different cuff as it had been a little tight. She retried it,this time 130/83......thats better!!!!!!

I asked her is she saw many patients,she said she only worked one day a week,thank goodness I was lucky enough to have been there the day she was!!!

That was basically it....I said "Have I passed?" and was told providing the blood test and xray came back fine my results would be on their way to the embassy next week. YAY!!!!!

I had to wait for around 10 mins for the xray,painless and easy enough done by another friendly lady.Then went and discussed the fact I was up to date with my vaccinations and nothing further was required.......just £227!!!!

Visa,Police certificate was returned along with reciept and copy of vaccination record that you MUST keep safe,as it would be needed once in the USA for health insurance and the AOS stage.

The whole process was done by 3pm, I thanked the receptionist and said youve all made a difficult process much easier!!!

Mum and I then went and shopped around Oxford St,had a lovely tea then got back to Kingscross to find our train had been cancelled but thats another story :whistle:

And today......husband called to say case completed and on way to London embassy so fingers crossed for a March interview!!!!!

I wish I didnt worry so much,again huge thanks for everyones support :thumbs:

Edited by lynndy38

event.png"]My link[/url]

[/url]"]My link[/url]ur[l=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Amazing news!! So happy you've got a case complete too!!

I hope my medical next week goes as smoothly. I'm starting to get super nervous about it!

Oh and also, so they give you your police certificate back? I assume so you can take it to the interview. I have 2 certified copies of mine which is lucky cos the NVC also requested mine and then the medical needs one so I was starting to wonder how many copies I should have applied for! But if you get it back then that's fine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations - the fear of the medical is almost always worse than the end result, as you found out. I notice your BP was high too but accepted the second time around; happens a lot (myself included).

and copy of vaccination record that you MUST keep safe,as it would be needed once in the USA for health insurance and the AOS stage.

Although since you filed for the IR-1 or CR-1 it won't be an issue, of course :).

There's that smell again...

Had my medical at Knightsbridge Bentinck Street yesterday and it went much better than I could have anticipated,heres how it went.

We got the tube from Kingscross (Victoria line to Oxford Circus then Central line to Bond Street) The map Knightsbridge provide on their website helped alot,print if off and make sure you take it with you.

Arrived around 10 minutes early for my 1:30pm appointment, lovely friendly receptionist took my passport etc off me and gave me a questionaire to fill out,similar to the one you complete and take with you. A few extra questions such as have you ever actively tried to take your life which I had to leave blank as 4 years ago when I drank I took too many tablets I ended up in hospital.This freaked me out and at that point I thought I was doomed!!!!

Was then sent to waiting room after about 10 minutes a lady around 6 months pregnant called my name and introduced herself to me as one of the doctors there,she was really friendly,quite gentle and immediately put me at ease. She explained what we would be doing,I had a few forms to sign,one to say I consented to blood test and the other to say I'd attended(I think)

We then began to go through the questionaire,spoke about my hospital stays, I had treatment for an abnormal smear when I was younger so had taken a list of the since negative results,she seemed pleased I'd brought that. Discussed my back surgery,asked if I was ok with my back now....yes that was enough for her. Talked about the pneumonia I had,no problems since other than the odd chest infection. Talked about the fact I have high blood pressure that was usually managed with the medication I was on.

We then moved onto the questions about my mental health which was the part I was dreading, we discussed a little about what had been going on in my life around the time I had self harmed,drank too much and had ended up with an accidental overdose I told her my doctor had sent a letter of which I had no idea what had been written,handed her this she read it and said....perfect....your doctor has said just what I needed to hear,all I know is my doctor was happy to write she had seen me get better and better over the years and saw no reason to think I would harm myself nor anyone else in the future I guess she came through big time and said all the right things.

We discussed the fact I hadnt drank for almost 4 years,the fact I had CBT and talking therapy and that was it really.

Then was the physical side, height,weight(I closed my eyes,she said nothing!!!!) Eyes tested(Dont forget glasses if you wear them!)

She asked me to strip down to my underwear and lay on the examination table,did a breast exam pushed around on my tummy,under ribs. Checked my hip and shoulder joints then took the blood test. It seems they only check for Syphillis.

I was asked to sit up whilst she did my blood pressure which read at 160/98!!!!!! I freaked out,she calmly told me to lay down again and start taking slow deep breaths while she went to try a different cuff as it had been a little tight. She retried it,this time 130/83......thats better!!!!!!

I asked her is she saw many patients,she said she only worked one day a week,thank goodness I was lucky enough to have been there the day she was!!!

That was basically it....I said "Have I passed?" and was told providing the blood test and xray came back fine my results would be on their way to the embassy next week. YAY!!!!!

I had to wait for around 10 mins for the xray,painless and easy enough done by another friendly lady.Then went and discussed the fact I was up to date with my vaccinations and nothing further was required.......just £227!!!!

Visa,Police certificate was returned along with reciept and copy of vaccination record that you MUST keep safe,as it would be needed once in the USA for health insurance and the AOS stage.

The whole process was done by 3pm, I thanked the receptionist and said youve all made a difficult process much easier!!!

Mum and I then went and shopped around Oxford St,had a lovely tea then got back to Kingscross to find our train had been cancelled but thats another story :whistle:

And today......husband called to say case completed and on way to London embassy so fingers crossed for a March interview!!!!!

I wish I didnt worry so much,again huge thanks for everyones support :thumbs:

So happy for you that all went well at your medicals,and also the progress in your case! Good luck to you in everything, the end to this all is in sight :yes:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Had my medical yesterday, all seemed to go well.

I arrived 45 minutes early and filled out the form in the waiting room then settled down to read my book since I was told they wouldn't be able to fit me in any earlier but then 5 minutes later I got called! The nurse told me I needed the tetnus jag (even though my own Doctor told me I was up to date) so had that, then was taken in for my xray. After that I waited in a smaller waiting room with my lovely blue gown on! After about 20 min the Doctor called me. She was lovely and from NZ. She checked my eyes, ears, throat, took my blood, checked my pulse, blood pressure, pressed on my tummy and carried out the 'genital examination' which she apologised for!

After that I got dressed and waited until they checked over all my paperwork then they called me to pay and that was me!

Overall everyone was lovely and very friendly. Hopefully i don't hear from them next week and everything is all clear! Then it's onto the interview!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.