Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Had my medical yesterday, all seemed to go well.

I arrived 45 minutes early and filled out the form in the waiting room then settled down to read my book since I was told they wouldn't be able to fit me in any earlier but then 5 minutes later I got called! The nurse told me I needed the tetnus jag (even though my own Doctor told me I was up to date) so had that, then was taken in for my xray. After that I waited in a smaller waiting room with my lovely blue gown on! After about 20 min the Doctor called me. She was lovely and from NZ. She checked my eyes, ears, throat, took my blood, checked my pulse, blood pressure, pressed on my tummy and carried out the 'genital examination' which she apologised for!

After that I got dressed and waited until they checked over all my paperwork then they called me to pay and that was me!

Overall everyone was lovely and very friendly. Hopefully i don't hear from them next week and everything is all clear! Then it's onto the interview!!

I had my medical, They done all the same as you except i never had the genital examination. Not sure why and if this is going to cause a problem. Maybe because i had my daughters with me for their medicals. But a little worried now as everyone else had one. :/

I had my medical, They done all the same as you except i never had the genital examination. Not sure why and if this is going to cause a problem. Maybe because i had my daughters with me for their medicals. But a little worried now as everyone else had one. :/

Maybe as you had your daughters with you they assumed you were a female :)

Filed: Timeline

Don't worry about it, they don't always do it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

So glad it all went well Lou, interview next........you're almost there :dance: :dance:

Thanks! 13 days to go till the interview! very nervous/excited! Do you have your interview date yet? Keep me posted :)

Thanks! 13 days to go till the interview! very nervous/excited! Do you have your interview date yet? Keep me posted :)

Hiya Lou, Interview date came through last night :dance: :dance:

20th March 8am, Im nervous and excited too hon!!!!

BTW I didnt have genital exam but did have breast exam,I have been blessed 'up top' so am guessing the doctor thought YUP SHES DEF A SHE!!!!!! :rofl:

event.png"]My link[/url]

[/url]"]My link[/url]ur[l=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hiya Lou, Interview date came through last night :dance: :dance:

20th March 8am, Im nervous and excited too hon!!!!

BTW I didnt have genital exam but did have breast exam,I have been blessed 'up top' so am guessing the doctor thought YUP SHES DEF A SHE!!!!!! :rofl:

AMAZING NEWS! Aghhh so excited for you! I'll come on after my interview and give you a wee review (so long as it goes well!)

I didn't have the breast exam cos she said I was too young for that so maybe the genital examination is done by age too?

Either way we're finally onto the last hurdle :)

I had the breast exam and the genital one. But i never saw the vaccination nurse. They just marked that i had had chicken pox without even asking me!

Needless to say, it all went fine so dont worry. There are probably only little differences in everybodies experiences.

I had the breast exam and the genital one. But i never saw the vaccination nurse. They just marked that i had had chicken pox without even asking me!

Needless to say, it all went fine so dont worry. There are probably only little differences in everybodies experiences.

CR-1
07-01-2011 : Married

05-10-2012 : I-130 Mailed to London (DCF)
05-11-2012 : I-130 Delivered and signed for at Embassy
05-18-2012 : NOA1 Email
07-26-2012 : NOA2 (69 days)
07-28-2012 : NOA2 hard copy received
08-10-2012 : LND Case number received. Letter dated 08-07-2012
08-15-2012 : DS-230 and DS-2001 mailed to Embassy
08-23-2012 : Medical
09-14-2012 : Emailed Embassy and confirmed DS forms have finally been logged (After 29 days)
09-22-2012 : Interview letter received. Dated September 19th.
10-03-2012 : Interview - Approved!
NOA1 to Interview - 138 days.
10-10-2012 : Passport with Visa delivered two hours late at 8pm.
10-22-2012 : POE Philadelphia
11-15-2012 : Green Card received in mail
12-11-2012 : Went to the Social Security office to apply for SSN after it did not arrive.
12-15-2012 : SSN Arrived in 4 days.

05-09-2013 : Left USC Husband.
11-28-2013: Filed for divorce.

05-01-2014: Divorced

05-08-2014: Sent I-751 petition to VSC

05-13-2014: NOA1 (was not postmarked until 5/22/14 and received on 5/24/14)
06-18-2014: Biometrics in St. Albans, VT

11-21-2014: RFE. Received on 11/24/14.

01-22-2015: Interview notice mailed out. Received 1/26/15

02-12-2015: Interview in St Albans, VT - Approved during interview!

CRBA
08-16-2012 : CRBA in London for our daughter - Approved!
09-11-2012 : CRBA and Passport arrived.
09-25-2012 : SSN Arrived. Mailed from MD on 09-17-2012

My husband had his medical appt yesterday, and it all went very well.

A few things to note:

He did not have to receive a flu jab because Knightsbridge were all out of their jabs and can't order till next season, so we not only got out of another jab, but also an extra £21! Silver linings.

They had a look at his genitals and also felt them. I've read this not happening to others. Guess he wasn't so lucky. Nothing dodgy though, strictly professional.

Our appointment was at 3:30, but we got there at 2:00. They had openings, so he was first taken for the chest Xray at 2:10, then taken to the nurse at 2:30, out by 2:50, then finally a chat about the flu vaccine and to check his other jabs. We were all paid up and out of there by 3:00.

The list of things to bring state that a passport or valid driver's license will suffice. He brought both just in case, and the specifically asked for his passport, so I would advise people to bring that.

There's a great burger place just up the street on the way back to Oxford for those of you looking for a filling meal before heading back home.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone,

So I had my medical this morning at the Bentinck mansions. I arrived 10 minutes early for my 9:30am appointment.

The lady at reception asked for my questionnaire, my passport, a passport photo, my vaccination records and a my police certificate. She then made a copy of the police certificate and handed the original back to me. I then had to full out another questionnaire, and was sent to the waiting room, it was really quiet when i went there was no one in the waiting room, i was hoping to bump into some VJ-ers to share our experiences. I didn't have to wait too long in the waiting room, only about 5-10 minutes until I was called in to see a nurse to have a chat about my vaccinations and which ones I required. She told me I needed two jabs, the flu and tetanus jab, which I decided to have done there. So I had the flu jab in my right arm and the tetanus in my left, the nurse said that my left arm would feel sore over the next few days.

After the jabs were done, I got sent straight to see the radiologist to have my chest x-ray.He told me to undress and gave me a blue gown to put on. He also asked if I had something to tie my hair back with as i had in his words "lots of it" lol which had to be out of the way. Luckily he had some spare hair clips, I attempted to clip my hair into a bun, but my hair kept falling back out, so I ended up having to borrow several clips from him just to hold the bun into place. Anyway we eventually got there and the x-ray was over with in a matter of seconds, he didn't say anything about the x-ray just made a joke about me giving his hair clips back. I then got sent to another waiting room and was shortly called in to see the doctor...which to my surprise was a man. From the reviews I read on the forum, most had a lady doctor, so I guess I just assumed I would be having a lady doctor too.

The doctor was really nice, he made me feel at ease. The doctor told me to take a seat and asked where about's in the U.S my fiance was from. I told him my fiance was from North Carolina, we ended up having a nice lil chit chat as he goes there quite often to play golf. I got a bit carried away with asking him questions about the places he visited, had to remind myself i was at a medical lol. After the chit chat, he measured my height and weighed me. Then he asked me to stand on one leg and close my eyes at the same time and to hold that position for a few seconds, then he told me i passed that I passed that tricky test loool. He then got me to sit on the bed and read a line from the eye chart and said i had passed that, then he flashed a light in my eyes. Oh and he did that knee test too, the one when they knock an instrument (not sure what it's called) on your knee cap, my leg went right up when he tapped my knee with the thing, and he said lucky he chose to stand out of the way otherwise I could've kicked me right out the window hahaha. Then for the next part of the medical, he told me to lay down so he can check my heart beat with a stethoscope and he also checked my tummy with the stethoscope and asked if i had breakfast, I told him I only ate a banana, then he replied that he could hear a lot of noise coming from my belly :lol:

So the next bit involved him checking "my humps, my humps, my humps, my humps, my lovely lady lumps" yes the breast examination. After a lot of prodding and poking, he then asked me to pull down my knickers for the peek-a-boo-part. But it was all peek no boo lol. I then had a blood test and that was me done. I went back to the waiting room and got called to pay for the session.

All in all I would say I had a pleasant experience as the doctor was nice and made me feel at ease. I had a 9:30 appointment and was out just after 10. I did plan on going around oxford street straight after but I felt quite weak after having my blood taken and 2 jabs done.

AOS TIMELINE:

Date FIled: July 3rd 2013

NOA Date: July 9th 2013

Biometrics: August 8th 2013

EAD Card received: September 13th 2013

Hi everyone,

So I had my medical this morning at the Bentinck mansions. I arrived 10 minutes early for my 9:30am appointment.

The lady at reception asked for my questionnaire, my passport, a passport photo, my vaccination records and a my police certificate. She then made a copy of the police certificate and handed the original back to me. I then had to full out another questionnaire, and was sent to the waiting room, it was really quiet when i went there was no one in the waiting room, i was hoping to bump into some VJ-ers to share our experiences. I didn't have to wait too long in the waiting room, only about 5-10 minutes until I was called in to see a nurse to have a chat about my vaccinations and which ones I required. She told me I needed two jabs, the flu and tetanus jab, which I decided to have done there. So I had the flu jab in my right arm and the tetanus in my left, the nurse said that my left arm would feel sore over the next few days.

After the jabs were done, I got sent straight to see the radiologist to have my chest x-ray.He told me to undress and gave me a blue gown to put on. He also asked if I had something to tie my hair back with as i had in his words "lots of it" lol which had to be out of the way. Luckily he had some spare hair clips, I attempted to clip my hair into a bun, but my hair kept falling back out, so I ended up having to borrow several clips from him just to hold the bun into place. Anyway we eventually got there and the x-ray was over with in a matter of seconds, he didn't say anything about the x-ray just made a joke about me giving his hair clips back. I then got sent to another waiting room and was shortly called in to see the doctor...which to my surprise was a man. From the reviews I read on the forum, most had a lady doctor, so I guess I just assumed I would be having a lady doctor too.

The doctor was really nice, he made me feel at ease. The doctor told me to take a seat and asked where about's in the U.S my fiance was from. I told him my fiance was from North Carolina, we ended up having a nice lil chit chat as he goes there quite often to play golf. I got a bit carried away with asking him questions about the places he visited, had to remind myself i was at a medical lol. After the chit chat, he measured my height and weighed me. Then he asked me to stand on one leg and close my eyes at the same time and to hold that position for a few seconds, then he told me i passed that I passed that tricky test loool. He then got me to sit on the bed and read a line from the eye chart and said i had passed that, then he flashed a light in my eyes. Oh and he did that knee test too, the one when they knock an instrument (not sure what it's called) on your knee cap, my leg went right up when he tapped my knee with the thing, and he said lucky he chose to stand out of the way otherwise I could've kicked me right out the window hahaha. Then for the next part of the medical, he told me to lay down so he can check my heart beat with a stethoscope and he also checked my tummy with the stethoscope and asked if i had breakfast, I told him I only ate a banana, then he replied that he could hear a lot of noise coming from my belly :lol:

So the next bit involved him checking "my humps, my humps, my humps, my humps, my lovely lady lumps" yes the breast examination. After a lot of prodding and poking, he then asked me to pull down my knickers for the peek-a-boo-part. But it was all peek no boo lol. I then had a blood test and that was me done. I went back to the waiting room and got called to pay for the session.

All in all I would say I had a pleasant experience as the doctor was nice and made me feel at ease. I had a 9:30 appointment and was out just after 10. I did plan on going around oxford street straight after but I felt quite weak after having my blood taken and 2 jabs done.

Glad it went well!!!!

Im going to NC too........have you ever had any issues at RDU airport? I find the POE officers,well one in particular horrible!!!! Im looking forward to going in with all my paperwork and visa..........he usually threatens to send me back to the UK!!!!

event.png"]My link[/url]

[/url]"]My link[/url]ur[l=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Glad it went well!!!!

Im going to NC too........have you ever had any issues at RDU airport? I find the POE officers,well one in particular horrible!!!! Im looking forward to going in with all my paperwork and visa..........he usually threatens to send me back to the UK!!!!

Aww cool! Where about's in NC are you heading to? I've only ever entered through Charlotte airport. I've never been able to get a direct flight from Heathrow to Charlotte so my first POE is always another state. oh gosh, what a horrible officer, well when you get there you can wave the papers all up in his face :bonk: hehe. How far along in the process are you?

AOS TIMELINE:

Date FIled: July 3rd 2013

NOA Date: July 9th 2013

Biometrics: August 8th 2013

EAD Card received: September 13th 2013

• 2 weeks later...

Eeeeee just booked my medical!! 22nd March! :D What would you say is the average time it takes? (Just decided which train to book home)

It's all beginning to feel so real!! :D

06/07/08 .. Met while working through Camp America programme in Maryland.

06/02/12 .. Got Married in Inverness, Scotland.

USCIS:

10/11/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/17/12 .. NOA1 date

12/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Baltimore)

02/05/13 .. NOA2 date

NVC:

02/11/13 .. NVC receives case

02/28/13 .. Case number assigned

03/01/13 .. DS-3032 Emailed

03/04/13 .. DS-3032 Accepted

03/04/13 .. AOS bill paid

03/08/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

03/05/13 .. IV bill paid

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/06/13 .. IV Package Mailed

03/09/13 .. AOS Package Mailed

03/27/13 .. AOS packet accepted

04/11/13 .. IV packet accepted

04/11/13 .. Case Complete

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from my medical at Bentinck Mansions. I was really worried before I went because I have chronic depression, hypertension and high cholestoral. I read a lot about the medical online and scared myself a bit - didn't like the idea of a stranger looking at my girlie bits, but I have to report that that bit was over in a second and I didn't feel bad at all.

I had the woman doctor and she was efficient, even a little friendly. I had got a letter from my doctor to take with me to the medical, explaining that all three conditions were stable, that prognosis was good, that they did not prevent me from working and that I am in general good health. She read the letter and put a tick next to it. She asked if I had had chicken pox and I said yes. She asked me a lot of other questions (same as info on form), weighed me, measured my height and then asked me to strip down to my knickers and put on the robe. She listened to my lungs and heart, took my blood pressure, did the breast exam and just looked quickly under my knickers. Then all that was left was the blood taken which she told me they only test for syphilis and I was all done.

Only problem was that their chest xray equipment was out of order so everyone who came for a medical there today had to get in a cab (paid for by the clinic) and go to the Basil Street clinic to get their xray done. This made what should have been an 1/2 hour appointment into a two hour appointment but once it's done at the other clinic you are free to go (turn right out of the doors and walk to the end of the road - you'll see Knightsbridge underground station).

All in all, easy and stressfree and with so many hoops and hurdles to jump - it makes a nice change. Now I just need to know when they want to interview me!!!! Please NVC complete my case soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.