EricC

What if my fiance doesn't know something?

26 posts in this topic

My fiance is from the Philippines and on the G-352a it says "Show below last occupation abroad if not shown above. (Include all information requested above.)" She lived in Japan when she was 19 (shes 25 now) but she doesn't don't remember the employer's full name and address, and the month and year she began and ended her job there. She lost her phone that had contact to her friends in Japan and doesn't have any other way to find this information I believe. What should I do?

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - I-751 Received

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

06/04/11 - 10 Year Green Card Received!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

08/19/08 - NOA for AOS and EAD

11/21/08 - EAD Received (100 days)

04/14/09 - Interview (224 days)

04/25/09 - Green Card Received!

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

11/06/07 - NOA1 (54 days)

02/04/08 - NOA2 (144 days)

04/16/08 - Interview! (216 days)

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/12/08 - Visa on hand! (242 days)

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

If your fiancee's employment in Japan wasn't within the last five years, that information doesn't need to be entered in the G-325A.

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

If your fiancee's employment in Japan wasn't within the last five years, that information doesn't need to be entered in the G-325A.

Oh phew! I didn't know if that was the case because on that part it didn't say anything about the five years. That was the only part of the paperwork that was getting me worried.

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Oh phew! I didn't know if that was the case because on that part it didn't say anything about the five years. That was the only part of the paperwork that was getting me worried.

Please make sure you are filling out the correct form then.

The G-325a states:

Applicant's employment last five years. (If none, so state.) List present employment first.

Here is the USCIS link to the form.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-325a.pdf

Please make sure you are filling out the correct form then.

The G-325a states:

Applicant's employment last five years. (If none, so state.) List present employment first.

Here is the USCIS link to the form.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-325a.pdf

Yeah I know it says it during that part, but after that it states:

Show below last occupation abroad if not shown above. (Include all information requested above.)

I didn't know that that was part of the five years or not.

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
My fiance is from the Philippines and on the G-352a it says "Show below last occupation abroad if not shown above. (Include all information requested above.)" She lived in Japan when she was 19 (shes 25 now) but she doesn't don't remember the employer's full name and address, and the month and year she began and ended her job there. She lost her phone that had contact to her friends in Japan and doesn't have any other way to find this information I believe. What should I do?

All the answers so far are interesting but off track. In this context her last occupation abroad is her current or most recent occupation. In this context "abroad" means outside the USA.

The correct answer for the form is "see above". For a USC, the correct answer is often "none".

No, the "five years" does not apply. If they haven't worked for more than five years, then you put their last occupation in that section.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I thought you were dealing with the prior section, my apologies.

That being said, it sounds like pshbrk has the best answer!

All the answers so far are interesting but off track. In this context her last occupation abroad is her current or most recent occupation. In this context "abroad" means outside the USA.

The correct answer for the form is "see above". For a USC, the correct answer is often "none".

No, the "five years" does not apply. If they haven't worked for more than five years, then you put their last occupation in that section.

Said better than I did! :thumbs:

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

I know this isn't related to your question and your still early in the process. once you've submitted your petition, you might want her to look into her getting a police certificate from where she lived in Japan. It will be required for the visa interview in Manila if she lived in Japan for more than six months. It's something that might take some time, which is why I'm mentioning it now.

best of luck with your visa journey.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Thanks everyone for the help and tips.

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

Hmm, I actually have the same question. I am the USC, and I've worked for the same employer for over 5 years, but I very briefly taught ESL in Europe about 7 years ago---so that IS the "last occupation abroad if not listed above"---and I'm not sure of the names of the different agencies I worked through, much less the addresses (and I know that one of them had moved even before I left warsaw--the couple that owned it ran it out of their flat).

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

As your teaching was more than 5 years ago, its not needed on the form.

Most USC's answer the "last occupation abroad (if not listed above)" question with 'none' - unless they indeed had employment abroad within the last 5 years (in which case, it is already listed 'above' on the form, and not needed again).

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Actually, For a USC Petitioner, only 5 years worth of employment history is required in the "main" section.

However, if the USC Petitioner *EVER* worked outside the USA (ie "abroad") - regardless if that was more than 5 years ago - , they are required to list the last such position in the "supplemental" section, unless it is already listed in the "main" section.

As others have mentioned, regarding the OP's Beneficiary, even if she is not 'technically' required to list her Japan employment on the G-325a, she WILL be required to have a Police Clearance issued from Japan if she was there for 6 months or more subsequent to turning 14 years of age.

Given this Japanese Police Clearance requirement (which has been reported can take up to 4 months to attain - apply early!), if It were my fiance's G-325a application, I would have her list it in the employment section. IMO, this provides more consistancy of all the interrelated information in the K1 Application package. For certain, someone is going to ask the question why is there a Police Clearance here from Japan? What was she doing in Japan? The answers will be more clear and self-documenting by providing a more holistic view of the history of the beneficiary by including the employment entry in the employment section in the initial application.

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Most USC's answer the "last occupation abroad (if not listed above)" question with 'none' - unless they indeed had employment abroad within the last 5 years (in which case, it is already listed 'above' on the form, and not needed again).

I don't beleive that is acccurate. My understanding is that the last work ourside the USA ("abroad" for a USC), if any, regardless of the number of years that have passed.

Perhaps one of the VJ experts can weigh in on this? Thanks!

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I don't beleive that is acccurate. My understanding is that the last work ourside the USA ("abroad" for a USC), if any, regardless of the number of years that have passed.

Perhaps one of the VJ experts can weigh in on this? Thanks!

It was the foreign fiance that worked in Japan. Her last employment abroad is her current or most recent employment. If we were talking about a USC working abroad, you would be absolutely correct.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.