Kotenochek

My Medical Exam Experience in Moscow!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

So even before we had approval from USCIS i recieved a Yellow dream envalope lol

Yes its been so long..and there is a date for an interview:)))I have mine on 17th of august in Moscow.

So one of the papers was a list of Panel Physicians where i should have done my medical examination.There were 4 cliniques where actually i could do my exam.I choosed International Organisation for Migration(IOM) at

2nd Zvenigorodksya 12,1st entrance,Metro:1905Goda.The test cost me 80USD,even though the paper from embassy says its gonna be 85:)))

I also did the vaccinations there for another 30usd.they charge 30usd no matter how many of them needed,depends on your age.

So all together 110USD.

They ask to bring 2 pictures 3X4cm sized,travel passport and an extract from your medical history with the list of vaccinations you have recieved,it also says that the document must include a doctor"s signature and a stamp.

Actually for K1 they say you dont need vaccinations for sure but i still did it in case..and then i would need it anyway for adjustment of a status later.Also you will be asked for a number of your case which is on the invitation paper for the interview!do not forget this it is very important!

I was very worried because My family was moving a lot from one place to another and my medical history was lost!But its not a big deal!They just gave me 2 injections at once and my arm is still sore lol

So that is not a big deal with vaccination:)

At this centre you need to make your appointment in advance on the phone (495)797-8723,i did it one day before:)

All went very smoothly but still i had some surprise when i went for my check- they do not do the test at same place where they make you an appointement. I had to fill out 2 forms(you will need to know dates when you moved to russia if such has happened and you were not born in russia) they gave me and after i been sent with huge envalope to the other metro station "Planernaya"to the Soviet clinique lol...It is located just behind a metro,which is very convinient !So people do not panic!You will be sent on the 4th floor where some lady will take your papers and send you for a blood test.They check for HIV and sifilis-not sure about word in english.

Then they send you in a long que for chest X-ray!lady sounds in a que very strickt but when you actually got to go for it she is very sweet:)

after that i been sent to some doctor to listen to me he made me undress top:)))not that i was ashamed..loljust funny:)))

and thats all it!I was very curious of my medical results but they told me envalope should be sealed for the interview,so i asked myself doctor if all was fine.

The same day at 5 pm i was able to pick up results again at first place at "1905goda".They recieve documents and put in envelope and seal it so the stamp is on it.I asked that lady again if all tests are fine and she said yes.

so all together is a bit stressful,but not painful..Haha i am lying my arm is still sore after 4 days of vaccination..lol

So now i have envalope,huge x-ray and vaccination paper.I been told that x-ray will be needed on the board but not at the interview:)still thinking to take it with me though:)what you think?

So that was it!all my story about medical examination!

Will appreciate if you have some tips for my interview coming up on 17th of August!and ready to answer all possible questions about process i already went through:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

There is a lot of information about the interviews in Moscow in the Russia Regional section in the lower part of the forum. There is also a sticky that covers some of the questions about the Moscow embassy. I am sure you will find that to be a good spot to get your questions answered and to share your experiences.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Did you get a second copy of all vaccinations to keep for yourself? (DS-3025 form) You will need that when you adjust status (apply for green card) in the US. Again, read the good suggestions in the Russia regional section.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Maybe MOM has improved their practice or maybe the harassment that seemed common a couple years ago was due to a couple bad apples.

I am glad you had a better experience than many women did there a couple years ago.

For our part, we will *NOT* use MOM again, because of her quite unsavory experience last time. We'll use AO Medisina, which has a much better reputation. It is also a little more expensive.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Timeline
There is a lot of information about the interviews in Moscow in the Russia Regional section in the lower part of the forum. There is also a sticky that covers some of the questions about the Moscow embassy. I am sure you will find that to be a good spot to get your questions answered and to share your experiences.

I will check them now thanks for advicing i have not seen that before!

Timeline
Did you get a second copy of all vaccinations to keep for yourself? (DS-3025 form) You will need that when you adjust status (apply for green card) in the US. Again, read the good suggestions in the Russia regional section.

I been told i dont need vaccinations for K1 i did it in case.do You think they could still ask a copy?I will make in case,better to have it than not.thanks for advice so much appreciated!

Timeline

There is a statement at the bottom of DS-3025 instructing the examining physician to give a copy of that form to the applicant. If MOM didn't give you a copy, then their practice has not yet improved enough!

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand

11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview

Timeline
There is a statement at the bottom of DS-3025 instructing the examining physician to give a copy of that form to the applicant. If MOM didn't give you a copy, then their practice has not yet improved enough!

what form is ds-3025?Hope i did not miss something i got one paper vaccination documentation worksheet for use with ds-2053.

the other ones are in a sealed envalope.am i missing something i will need at interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't think it has anything to do with MOM. People from many other clinics (Russia and other countries) did not know to ask for it and did not receive it.

You don't need the extra vaccinations to enter on the K-1, but it will make life easier when it comes to adjustment of status. I instructed my then fiance to ask the copy at her medical at MOM and it was no problem to get it. We used that document for our AOS and didn't need to visit a civil surgeon here for the vaccination supplement.

DS-3025 is the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet that says for use with DS-2053.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Timeline

I don't think it has anything to do with MOM. People from many other clinics (Russia and other countries) did not know to ask for it and did not receive it.

You don't need the extra vaccinations to enter on the K-1, but it will make life easier when it comes to adjustment of status. I instructed my then fiance to ask the copy at her medical at MOM and it was no problem to get it. We used that document for our AOS and didn't need to visit a civil surgeon here for the vaccination supplement.

DS-3025 is the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet that says for use with DS-2053.

Oh thanks so much i will call mom and ask if they can still issue it.If so i will definitely go and pick it up.thanks so much!

Timeline

You were right i figured out i had that paper issued. The thing was the copy was not done proper and it would not show the number of the form:)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
he made me undress top

Is that typical in Russia? I don't think that's typical for a U.S. doctor; and if they do require that, they ask for a female nurse to be present.

For my fiancee, in India, they did not require her to do that.

Timeline

For her K1, the male MOM doctor made her take it all off, and was quite degrading about it.

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand

11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
For her K1, the male MOM doctor made her take it all off, and was quite degrading about it.

That's so terrible. I hate when doctors abuse their power. You would think after so many years of school they would have learned decent behavior.

Timeline

That's so terrible. I hate when doctors abuse their power. You would think after so many years of school they would have learned decent behavior.

I must say he did not do anything rude and acted just like any doctor..In Russia is common since the best ginecologysts are male...so women kind of used to it..Hope i was not the only one he made take top off though...lol

Maybe i am so special...lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.