TracyUK

Visa's APPROVED

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We went down for our interview today, myself my USC husband of almost 9 years and my son (his adopted son).

I was so stressed last night after reading how someone had been at the Embassy for 5 hours. We were told to leave 2 to 3 hours, and so I'd booked our train back 4 hours after our appointment time. To change our train ticket was going to cost some ridiculous amount of money too!

Also I had read USC's weren't being let in, so I was stressing about that too.

Anyway, we got up at 4.30am to catch our train down to London, we arrived at the Embassy half an hour before our time, and with no line outside the embassy all three of us were allowed right in. We were given a ticket and asked to wait for our number to be called.

An hour and a half later our ticket was called. The three of us went to our window, paid the fee. Then the woman started asking for the documents. She asked for our US address...we don't have one! We live in the UK. We had send a cover letter with our I-130 giving Dave's Aunt's address in case they NEEDED one. The woman at the desk said it wasn't there, and although we had a bag full of extra paper work "just in case" the one thing we didn't have was my address book. So PANIC number one! Thankfully she looked again and found it. Phew! Then back to the documents she asked for my son's birth certificate, long form. OK I have it. Long story but my son's biological father is not named on the birth certificate. So she halted the process again to say it HAD to have his name on. Er No it doesn't, his father has never had anything to do with him. And gave up any rights he did have when my husband adopted him!! She asked for the adoption certificate and then she went off to check it out. Eventually returning and saying that was OK. Phew - heart failure round two over!!

There were a couple of hiccups with the affidavit of support form, but we had lots of back up paper work which served it's purpose well. She told us to take a seat and we'd be called back for another interview. Time was getting on, and I asked how long she thought that would take, "Within the hour". Looking at my watch I realised that we would be pushing it for time if we had to wait an hour and then the interview took a long time.

About 15 minutes later we were called back for our interview. A really nice woman said she had some questions about my son and his father, and that was fine we could answer all of them. She said we'd filed the wrong form for him, as he's adopted by the USC and we had to have another form. Thankfully we hadn't been sure which one we needed so Dave had completed both. Phew!! I was expecting the "Where did you meet?" type questions but we got none, maybe being married 9 years means we don't have to answer stuff like that I don't know. She asked when we hoped to go over and I think that was about it. She told us we were approved and that we could go and pay for the mailing fee's - which by the way have gone up!!

That done we had time for a quick bite to eat before we got our train back. Now we just have to wait for our Visa's to arrive.

Tracy xx

Congratulations on getting approved. Great news.

Sent forms to attorney 10-12-06

NOA1...........................11-17-06

NOA2............................2-15-07

NVC rcv'd......................2-22-07

NVC sent 2 embassy.......2-23-07

Rcv'd Packet 3................3-2-07

Packet 3 sent..................3-9-07

Medical scheduled............3-29-07

Interview-Approved.........4-19-07

Flight to USA....................5-26-07

Wedding..........................5-30-07

AOS Journey

Applied for SSN in married name .........6-27-07

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP to Chicago......6-29-07

SSN received (Wow! that was quick!).....7-3-07

NOA1 for AOS and AP ..........................7-16-07 (EAD amount wrong...oops, added $70 extra for biometrics

Checks cashed for AOS and AP.............7-19-07

Passed Michigan Driver's Test................7-31-07

Biometrics for AOS ..............................8-01-07

AP approved........................................8-09-07 (Day 24)

AOS Interview......................................10-25-07 (APPROVED)

Card production ordered.......................10-30-07

GC rec'd..............................................11-5-07 (w/effective date 10-25-07

Removing Conditions

Mailed pkg........................................9-10-09

NOA .................................................9-14-09

Biometrics.........................................10-23-09

Card Production Ordered (At Last!!).01-13-10

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Congratulations

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Congratulations! Very excited for you! Glad to hear they let you in as well. Maybe they only stop USCs from going in if it's especially crowded that day.

As for the fee you paid, which fee was that (not the mailing fee but the first one.)

23 Aug 2005 - Married in California

12 Oct 2005 - Chels moved to UK with hubby

27 Feb 2007 - I-130 Sent

08 Mar 2007 - I-130 approved

28 May 2007 - DS-3032/I-864 Bill received

05 June 2007 - paid I-864 bill

10 July 2007 - Receive I-864 package

18 July 2007 - Retiurn completed I-864

22 July 2007 - D 230 Package received

04 Aug 2007 - D230 returned to NVC

11 Aug 2007 - Letter from NVC advises I-864 need correction

13 Aug 2007 - I-864 corrected and returned

31 Aug 2007 - Case Completed at NVC!!!!

05 Sept 2007 - Case forwarded to London Embassy

03 Oct 2007 - Medical appointment

10 Oct 2007 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 Oct 2007 - Visa and MBE Received special courrier

18 Oct 2007 - Flying to California

Congratulations !!!!

I can understrand your releif when they YES!!!!!

Best of luck in the US :)

16/5/2002 Met on Line through YAHOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

26/9/2002 Travelled to Montana and met in person - decided this is for real !

10/10/2002 Both returned to UK , Melissa travelled on Tourist Visa

19/5/2003 Got married in UK

7/7/2003 Melissa got LR in UK for 2 years

July 2005 Melissa got ILR in UK

2 Feb 2007 Filed I 130 with USCIS in London

2 Feb 2007 Requested Police Report

6 Feb 2007 Visa Card charged for I 130 petition

17 Feb 2007 Receive Police Certificate

10 May 2007 I 130 Approved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 May 2007 Received Packet 3

16 May Sent Off Packet 3 & Booked Medical for the 30th May

24 May 2007 Received Packet 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only 8 Daysssssss

19 June 2007 Interview & APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27 Aug 2007 Travel to JFK then on to SLC via Houston OMG what a trip !!!!!!

Congratulations Tracy .... that is Great news ..... all the best

you said you toke your son with you to the Interview … how is he ? did they ask for him to be at the interview … I thought they said kids under the age of 14 doesn’t need to attend the interview .

Thanks

Met while we both in deployment in the middle of nowhere – 15 -06-2006

Got engaged on the quarter deck on one of the newest Navy ship 10 - 03-2007

20-04-2007 the journey begin

I-129F Sent : 22-05-2007

I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 25-05-2007

Traveled to stay with Ryan until we get the approval 13-09-2007 to 24-10-2007

I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 27-09-2007

Package Received By NVC : 04-10-2007

Package Left From NVC : 08-10-2007

Received By Consulate : 12-10-2007

Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) : 15-10-2007

Medical : 26-10-2007

Interview scheduled for: 26-11-2007 Approved

Flaying back to be with my man this time for good 30-11-2007

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Congratulations! Very excited for you! Glad to hear they let you in as well. Maybe they only stop USCs from going in if it's especially crowded that day.

As for the fee you paid, which fee was that (not the mailing fee but the first one.)

It was the Visa application fee $380 (I think) each

Congratulations Tracy .... that is Great news ..... all the best

you said you toke your son with you to the Interview … how is he ? did they ask for him to be at the interview … I thought they said kids under the age of 14 doesn’t need to attend the interview .

Thanks

He's 13, 14 in September. I am not sure why they asked for him to be there.

They didn't ask him any direct questions, or take his prints ect.

But we were told he had to be there. So we took him.

Tracy xx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.