rentvent

Interview in Moscow

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My fiancee just went through the interview process. Her take:

All the girls went through the Clinical exam the day before and were given packets. At the entrance to the embassy, they all recognized each other because they all had the same packet.

The person conducting the interview was a young American man. He was flanked by two women in the fiancee interview windows. The interview is is across a window like buying tickets to a movie.

She said he was struggling to speak Russian.

First question: Who is "rentvent"

"How did we meet?"

"do you have any evidence of meeting Rentvent? ""Phone bills, E-mail, photos, etc."

She gave officer entire packet and said that there are no e-mails since she has no internet.

He thumbed through the papers and said in English: "I see that you are an English teacher"

He asked a few more questions in English:

When did I visit?

Do I speak Russian?

Do I have any Children?

She says that the interview lasted about seven minutes. Some girl was freaking out her interview and my girl was sort of relaxed because of the drama. Thanks to VJ and the other sites I wasn't worried. I think my melancholy attitude helped expedite things. I also find it interesting that the interviewer switched languages without asking her. The remainder of his questions were in American English.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good Luck !!!

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I've actually heard from several sources that Moscow is pretty painless as long as the fiancee speaks decent English. At least that embassy has a high success rate. :D

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

All the girls went through the Clinical exam the day before and were given packets. At the entrance to the embassy, they all recognized each other because they all had the same packet.

The person conducting the interview was a young American man. He was flanked by two women in the fiancee interview windows. The interview is is across a window like buying tickets to a movie.

"How did we meet?"

"do you have any evidence of meeting Rentvent? ""Phone bills, E-mail, photos, etc."

She gave officer entire packet and said that there are no e-mails since she has no internet.

He thumbed through the papers and said in English: "I see that you are an English teacher"

When did I visit?

Do I speak Russian?

Do I have any Children?

She says that the interview lasted about seven minutes. Some girl was freaking out her interview and my girl was sort of relaxed because of the drama. Thanks to VJ and the other sites I wasn't worried. I think my melancholy attitude helped expedite things. I also find it interesting that the interviewer switched languages without asking her. The remainder of his questions were in American English.

Yeah, that's pretty typical. She did get it, right?

The idea of switching languages (from my previous experience with American visas) is that if you go on a non-immigrant visa without a supposed intent to stay like J1 or B1 you are not expected to be too good switching the languages, which proves that your English is not that good and you will be less comfortable in the country - less chances you'll break the law and stay.

If you go on a non-immigrant with a supposed intent to stay like K1 or K3, the more comfortable you are with the language the more chances are that the whole story is legit and you will stay. And cross-usage of the languages is one of the best ways to prove the knowledge.

Or maybe, the guy was just trying to practice his Russian, they are required to know it at the Moscow embassy. :)

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Doesn't sound gruelling at all

below questions are all routine, from what i have read

"How did we meet?"

When did I visit?

Do I speak Russian?

Do I have any Children?

Timeline

Sasha's English is so good that most people can't tell she's Russian. In fact, she sometimes has just a bit of an English accent. do you think this will actually hurt her chances? Perhaps she shouldn't speak such proper English at her interview?? Sometimes she corrects my English. crazy.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
Sasha's English is so good that most people can't tell she's Russian. In fact, she sometimes has just a bit of an English accent. do you think this will actually hurt her chances? Perhaps she shouldn't speak such proper English at her interview?? Sometimes she corrects my English. crazy.

No, it all good for K1, so don't worry.

Timeline

No, it all good for K1, so don't worry.

Sweet!

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

First of all... congrats!

Secondly, sounds pretty standard. Seems that they (the C/Os) prefer to do the interview in English (becuase it's their native language) if possible. Once your S/O demonstrates the aptitude to speak English proficiently, it will be conducted in English from that point on.

As far as them "testing" the proficiency of the speaker... I don't know. It sounds possible, but to use that as a test of immigration intent seems a little too intricate for the U.S. govt. (Lowest bidder, remember?) I would bet it's probably just done in the way easiest for both parties to communicate effectively.

Jason, no worries. The language is a non-issue. As long as everything else is in order, all they're really looking for is for her to corroborate the story presented thus far. "I love my fiance and want to go live with him in the U.S. his name is XXX, he is from XXXXX, he works at XXXX, etc. etc., etc."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks to all at VJ and bolshoi spasiba to the folks in the Russian section.

Some more notes:

I followed the VJ guide and used the sample forms. I even used the sample fiancee letter of intent and treated it as a fill-in-the-blank form. My package was THIN. Airline stubs were 2 color photocopied pages. I never sent originals. Phone records were one page per month each of Skype logs. Financial form was the form (notarized), letter from my employer (notarized), and a couple paychecks. She also had three photos of us together.

At the embassy she noticed all of the other girls had big portfolios of documents and evidence. Most of the other girls had portfolios were over an inch thick. My girl worried for a moment that I had forgotten something.

Yes. Evidence is usually the most hyped-up part of the interview, but in truth, it's probably the least necessary part. The "evidence" should be submitted in the applications, not at the interview. If you've been following what everyone tells you here on VJ, you're S/O should already be "approved" with the interview as just a formality.

If you're meeting/exceeding all the requirements, supporting evidence is just that.... support. It's not like they make the decision based on how big your box full of stuff is. Supporting evidence is most necessary in cases where there are other factors that could lead the C/O to suspect fraud. If none of those cases exist, you really don't need very much evidence at all. So don't sweat it so much!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Yes. Evidence is usually the most hyped-up part of the interview, but in truth, it's probably the least necessary part. The "evidence" should be submitted in the applications, not at the interview. If you've been following what everyone tells you here on VJ, you're S/O should already be "approved" with the interview as just a formality.

If you're meeting/exceeding all the requirements, supporting evidence is just that.... support. It's not like they make the decision based on how big your box full of stuff is. Supporting evidence is most necessary in cases where there are other factors that could lead the C/O to suspect fraud. If none of those cases exist, you really don't need very much evidence at all. So don't sweat it so much!

I still made ready a whole bunch file:))))Just in case:)))they might not even look at it,but i want to know i did all i could lol

Makes me feel better to see how many things i collected lol cards,emails,phone bills,pictures from each trip...and i even made an album of pictures with notes in it,but i am not going to give it to them,just show if they curious lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.