skytribe

Time line for 221g processing london

31 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

Can anyone help with a little bit of info. I had my greencard interview in December 2023, put under 221g further administrative review, I sent in the company which is sponsoring me financials they asked for ,but it's been 151 days now the embassy has my passport still but I can get any information or updates does anyone know what is happening in London and why it's taking so long my new boss is wanting me over now. I can't do anything about it? Can anyone give me some information or something please

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Usually the Company Immigration lawyer would be involved

What sort of job is it

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

It would be nice to know what is taking so long there is another HGV driver who has the same job who is also on the 221g. We gave all the paperwork to embassy but up till now nothing just over 151 days now and they still have my passport since the interview.

Timeline

Do you have a CDL? Was that asked?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

It was asked , i explained that once we arrive in US we are required to complete the CDL and the company has this all in place. As UK license can't be converted i did explain we had a similar thing in the UK called cpc but all this went over her head she was clueless I had to explain to her what a CDL was she never really understood it.

The letter from the company sponsoring us explained this and it's because of our driving experience which is needed

2 hours ago, skytribe said:

It would be nice to know what is taking so long there is another HGV driver who has the same job who is also on the 221g. We gave all the paperwork to embassy but up till now nothing just over 151 days now and they still have my passport since the interview.

You can request your passport back if you need it to travel. There is no fixed time for AP, it just takes as long as it takes unfortunately. But if there is another driver for the same company who has also been put in to AP, the company docs are the only thing they asked for, and neither of you have any obvious reason for being in AP (i.e. links to a high risk country etc), it sounds like it's the company/job offer they're doing background checks on, rather than you specifically. 

Posted (edited)

You can never tell how long it may take. My husband was in AP in London too but ours is a marriage based visa. After 3 months of waiting, we requested for his passport back. At a point, we thought they had forgotten about us. It took 6 months of being in AP before they contacted us for a new medical and his passport. You can’t do anything but to wait. They’ll contact you when they’re done with the background checks. Good luck to you!

Edited by Moda25

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
1 hour ago, Moda25 said:

You can never tell how long it may take. My husband was in AP in London too but ours is a marriage based visa. After 3 months of waiting, we requested for his passport back. At a point, we thought they had forgotten about us. It took 6 months of being in AP before they contacted us for a new medical and his passport. You can’t do anything but to wait. They’ll contact you when they’re done with the background checks. Good luck to you!

Out of curiosity why are some marriage visas placed under administrative processing?

@KMG I can’t really tell. Sometimes, you will know based on how the interview goes. Sometimes too, they just want to do their background checks to know the authenticity of the marriage or even the certificate. It could be anything. 

Timeline

Everyone goes through AP, some are much longer.

Timeline

FYI I had to go through the process of getting a US DL, certainly that is the common route.

My guess is the issue arises with the I 140, it does not really make much sense.

It's frustrating as my boss want us over in the next 7-10 weeks. I can't get anything from the US London embassy. It's hard to see that when you go through the correct ways it gets held up but, the ones who don't get a free pass. 

We given everything to the embassy that they asked for so wonder how long it will take it's been 152 days today been Tuesday . hopefully not much longer .

Timeline

To be fair you have a very unusual situation.

You and your Boss should really be getting the Immigration Lawyer handling the case to step up.

Yip today i received my passport back as denied under section 212 (a)(4)

The lawyers on on it. I have assist to invest into the USA of around $400k and a job paying +$100k a year. And the embassy says I'll be claiming state benefits this makes no sense. Crazy. They letting in million of illegals which are taking tax money from the people and people who can afford to live and work in the USA and contribute good wealth in the USA the deny.

This makes no sense at all....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.