Jack Sher.

K-1 Fiance Expedite Help

8 posts in this topic

My beneficiary is from Iran and I am from the US. We just saw our boundless immigration timeline for our K-1 Fiance Visa and it says from the time I receive the I-129F in the mail it'll take till October 2025 to be approved after which they estimate another 8 or so months. Honestly this feels so long to us and I know our situation isn't special and all the people on here yearn to be with their partner sooner. My concerns and hers are due to the escalating tensions between countries in the region and the possibility of a war. There's also the morality police who may target her due to her social media presence which is pretty high. There are also some home factors that aren't great as well as the fact that the country wants to stop immigration of graduates from their best universities. I'm worried this wouldn't be enough to qualify for expedited process and worried about what will happen to her during the 2 years she is living there. Even if you don't have any answers about the expedite process I'd love to hear from others on how long their process took and just general support. 

9 minutes ago, Jack Sher. said:

My beneficiary is from Iran and I am from the US. We just saw our boundless immigration timeline for our K-1 Fiance Visa and it says from the time I receive the I-129F in the mail it'll take till October 2025 to be approved after which they estimate another 8 or so months. Honestly this feels so long to us and I know our situation isn't special and all the people on here yearn to be with their partner sooner. My concerns and hers are due to the escalating tensions between countries in the region and the possibility of a war. There's also the morality police who may target her due to her social media presence which is pretty high. There are also some home factors that aren't great as well as the fact that the country wants to stop immigration of graduates from their best universities. I'm worried this wouldn't be enough to qualify for expedited process and worried about what will happen to her during the 2 years she is living there. Even if you don't have any answers about the expedite process I'd love to hear from others on how long their process took and just general support. 

Not sure why you're using the Boundless processing time rather than official ones, but presumably that's referring to the whole process i.e. getting the green card in hand? As there's no way it should take that long for just the visa. 

I'm not sure those would be reasons for an expedite, but you can certainly apply, it's worth a try. 

Good luck. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Jack Sher. said:

as someone who also used boundless
that timeline they give you is just an estimation. They make it out as far as possible to basically not get peoples hopes up and potentially sued for false advertising.

for example, my fiances K-1 interview is scheduled for this coming july.

But boundless still says the estimated approval is June 2025.

When did you submit your I-129f? what stage of the process are you in? you should fill out your timeline on here. that way you can compare your timeline to those going through the same embassy.

USCIS processing for K-1s has sped up significantly. some who have submitted in january 2024 are already receiving responses from USCIS.

the site trackmyvisanow is also very accurate.

you'd get more accurate processing timelines from VJ or trackmyvisanow (which does have to be paid for monthly, but you get a few days free and the subscription automatically cancels once the I-129f gets approved)

I-129f Sent:  08-07-2023

I-129f NOA1:  08-15-2023

I-129f NOA2: 03-05-2024

NVC Case # Assigned:  03-25-2024

Consulate Received: 04-11-2024

Packet 3 Received: 04-25-2024

Interview Date: 07-09-2024!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The end of 2025 to get a visa seems reasonable, you can expect enhanced AP so that will not be quick.

It's free to apply for an expedite but not much without a half valid reason.

PS she does not have to stay in Iran.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Jack Sher. said:

That won't qualify for an expedite.  The wait time is what it is, and Iranians are subject to extra vetting and background checks.

You may want to look into moving to a third country together if you cannot wait that long.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/9/2024 at 9:20 AM, Jack Sher. said:

current k1 timeline to hear back (RFE incl) is 3-6 months, then 1-2months NVC then unsure what wait time is at Iran but others are right you have a high chance of additional processing (extra bckgrd  checks) which could be any length of time

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 5/9/2024 at 8:20 AM, Jack Sher. said:

My concerns and hers are due to the escalating tensions between countries in the region and the possibility of a war. There's also the morality police who may target her due to her social media presence which is pretty high.

You'd have to demonstrate that its more than just a concern and show its highly likely she'd face danger.

The k1 process only takes around 10 to 13 months currently.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.