Dave Peterschmidt

K2 visa holder filing AOS I-485 got RFE for medical information

4 posts in this topic

My wife (K1 visa) arrived in the USA last August with her three kids (K2 visas).  We filed for AOS for them.  My wife's green card was approved, but we have an RFE for each of the kids asking for the medical forms documenting their medical examinations while in the Philippines.  At the time of the examinations, my wife was only given a document titled "Vaccination Documentation Worksheet", one for her and each of the kids. These forms say "DS-3025" at the bottom.  The RFE we received for each of the kids asks that we submit a copy of the medical examination report, Form OF-157 or DS-2053. All we have is form DS-3025. Additionally, one of the kids had her medical exam more than a year ago and so my wife is worried this form is now expired and can't be used.  I'm wondering, first, if these forms will suffice to fulfill these RFEs, and second, whether the "expired" form can still be used in this case.  The RFE says if we don't have the medical forms we will need to get new medical exams for the kids and have form I-693 filled out by the civil surgeon.  Can anyone clarify if the forms described will satisfy the RFEs and if it matters if one of them is more than a year old?  

Please read the bottom of page 7 of the I-693 instructions: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-693instr.pdf.

If the DS-3025 is complete, and the I-485 was submitted within a year from their medical, they do not need an I-693. You may need to include a cover letter explaining this, maybe even quoting the instructions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~MOved to AOS Family K1/K3 P&P, from K1 P&P- The OP is now working on AOS~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

4 hours ago, Marieke H said:

Please read the bottom of page 7 of the I-693 instructions: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-693instr.pdf.

If the DS-3025 is complete, and the I-485 was submitted within a year from their medical, they do not need an I-693. You may need to include a cover letter explaining this, maybe even quoting the instructions.

Excellent, thank you for the information!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.