lasiyo

Missing document to be mailed after interview

10 posts in this topic

My fiancee had her intervirw today and unfortunately they told her there’s a missing document, her birth certificate, and did not proceed with the approval until that gets mailed in.

We’re pretty devestated since it’s been a long journey and I was particularly confident that the interview would be smooth sailing…

Has anyone gone through a missing document process? How long did it take after mailing the missing document? Weeks? Months?

To clarify, i’m American and she’s French. She had her interview in Paris.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I dont think feeling devestated is necessary, though understandable for now. its a dissappointment and those are never fun. It seems though, that this is an easy one to deal with and solve.
The faster she gets this arranged, the faster they can add it to your file and process further. 

Im from the netherlands, and getting the birthcertificate or at least a copy/extract of it, takes a couple of days here, sending it in may take a few days an dprocessing and reviewing may take the longest, but it will be a few weeks at most.
Im sure it wont be all too different in france, maybe slightly longer because in comparison to where i live, Paris is definitly bigger and has more residents, but even so, this will only be a bit of a delay. surely it will not take as long as waiting for the petiton to be approved ;) 

All and all, i think you can expect a delay of a couple of weeks. Dont worry! You will soon be together!

I-129F - 2023, September 28

NOA1 - 2023, October 2

NOA2 - 2024, March 29

NVC Case# - 2024, April 19

Consulate Received - 2024, April 25

DS-160+$$ - 2024, May 14

P3 & P4 received - 2024, May 16

To be continued...

💖

8 hours ago, lasiyo said:

My fiancee had her intervirw today and unfortunately they told her there’s a missing document, her birth certificate, and did not proceed with the approval until that gets mailed in.

We’re pretty devestated since it’s been a long journey and I was particularly confident that the interview would be smooth sailing…

Has anyone gone through a missing document process? How long did it take after mailing the missing document? Weeks? Months?

To clarify, i’m American and she’s French. She had her interview in Paris.

It's a relatively common occurrence, don't panic.

Some locations are faster than others at treating files after the interview.  You might want to search the forum for recent Paris experiences, to get a better idea.  Bonne chance!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2024 at 11:13 AM, powerpuff said:

Screenshot with a full case number removed protect the posters privacy. Feel free to re-upload a redacted version.

VJ Moderation 

No worries, here's the redacted version.

It's nearing 10 days since we mailed the birth certificate. I would've hopped the status at least to have changed to "Processing", but perhaps we have to wait longer? Has anyone gone through this process before?

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 3.10.07 PM.png

1 hour ago, lasiyo said:

No worries, here's the redacted version.

It's nearing 10 days since we mailed the birth certificate. I would've hopped the status at least to have changed to "Processing", but perhaps we have to wait longer? Has anyone gone through this process before?

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 3.10.07 PM.png

You would have to search for similar recent Paris experiences.

I know that for the consulate in Montréal, it's usually 6-8 extra weeks.  Most locations are faster, a few slower...

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

You would have to search for similar recent Paris experiences.

I know that for the consulate in Montréal, it's usually 6-8 extra weeks.  Most locations are faster, a few slower...

Jesus, thank god this isn't Canada.

EDITMy mistake, i misread 6-8 months. We've getting such broad answers from people ranging from "a few days" to i guess the above being the longest at 6-8 weeks.

Edited by lasiyo

My fiancee got on the phone with someone at the embassy and they told her that this process can take months. They told her someone has been waiting for 3 months. That's absolutely insane! That can't be right can it? For processing a missing document?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.