SuperG

I-751 — April 2024 Filers Club

91 posts in this topic

There was an update on my case. Notice was officially sent by mail, it was also uploaded to the case as well (it shows the 48 month renewal) and also another notice saying that they will re-use my wife's biometrics. Case changed to "Actively Reviewing"... I guess now just gotta wait for it to arrive by mail and keep on waiting until who knows when for more actions on the case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/28/2024 at 8:34 AM, Oko Vicki said:

Update: 48-month extension letter now available to download.

Biometrics appointment scheduled, notice sent. 

Extension letter arrived this morning 05/03. 

No Biometrics letter yet.

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
On 4/26/2024 at 9:50 AM, SuperG said:

Update:

April 26, 2024
Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS
As of April 26, 2024, we are actively reviewing your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number IOE***********. Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. We will let you know if we need anything from you. 

My Receipt Notice is available for download. It's a 48 months extension dated form 04/26/2024.
And they will reuse my biometrics.

Update!
05/02 Notice and biometric letters received in my mailbox.

On 5/2/2024 at 11:16 PM, OldUser said:

Normal. It will be in few days

I sent out the package on April 2nd and says delivered on April 6th. No update since then. Money hasn't been taken out neither we received the package back. Any idea what could be reason or what's happening?

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, USCHQU said:

I sent out the package on April 2nd and says delivered on April 6th. No update since then. Money hasn't been taken out neither we received the package back. Any idea what could be reason or what's happening?

Yes, thousands of people filed in the last week or March, locking in the lower filing fees. USCIS is overwhelmed. Your packet is likely just waiting to be opened. I'd start worrying if nothing happens by end of May

Edited by OldUser

On 5/3/2024 at 11:29 AM, BOB91 said:

There was an update on my case. Notice was officially sent by mail, it was also uploaded to the case as well (it shows the 48 month renewal) and also another notice saying that they will re-use my wife's biometrics. Case changed to "Actively Reviewing"... I guess now just gotta wait for it to arrive by mail and keep on waiting until who knows when for more actions on the case.

48 month extension received by mail today along with letter Biometrics being re-used. Interestingly it came from California Service Center. Hopefully it moves somewhat quickly.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife's conditional status expires July 22, 2024. 

Filed package April 23rd

Received by USCIS April 26th

Online accounts established May 7th

Notice of Action extending expiration date by 48 months on May 7th

June 13 biometrics appointment scheduled on May 24th

USCIS

4/27/2021 - Filed wife's and 18-year-old step-daughter's I-130 package online

4/27/2021 - NOA1 received, Nebraska Service Center (wife) - case transferred to Texas

4/27/2021 - NOA1 received, Potomac Service Center (step-daughter)

2/24/2022 - Expedite request (humanitarian-Russian invasion of Ukraine) for both petitions

3/1/2022 - TSC granted expedite request

3/4/2022 - TSC (wife) I-130 approved!! Sent to NVC 3/11/2022

3/16/2022 - PSC (daughter) I-130 approval. I never heard about her expedite

NVC

NVC received daughter 3/20/22 and wife 3/23/22

Case number & Invoice number received for daughter 3/21/22 and wife 3/23/22

DS-261 was not requested

Paid AOS & IV fee for daughter 3/21/22 and wife 3/23/22

4/1/2022 - Sent IV and AOS package via CEAC

Wife's payment status was "REFUSED" for several days but finally was confirmed

4/4/2022 - Submitted DS - 260 for both petitions - Requested NVC expedite 3/31/2022

5/26/2022 - NVC expedite approved for both - Cases sent to Frankfurt without review by the NVC

5/31/2022 - Permission to set an interview appointment granted

5/2/2022 - Received interview letter (P4) via e-mail 

Embassy (Frankfurt)

6/27/2022 - Medical done in Vilnius 

6/29/2022 - Received medical report sent electronically to Frankfurt

7/11/2022 - Interview - Approved

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, texastincup said:

My wife's conditional status expires July 22, 2024. 

Filed package April 23rd

Received by USCIS April 26th

Online accounts established May 7th

Notice of Action extending expiration date by 48 months on May 7th

June 13 biometrics appointment scheduled on May 24th

Her status doesn't expire, just a proof of status (GC) would have expired. But since you have extension letter, she has proof of status until 2028 😊

Edited by OldUser

4/9/2024: Sent the I-751 application package to USCIS.
4/11/2024: The package was delivered to USCIS.
4/19/2024: USCIS charged the application fee ($750) to my credit card. According to the USCIS website, they sent me a receipt notice.

However, since then, I have not received anything. It has been more than five week. Should I be worried about this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.